PDA

View Full Version : Apology

sturf
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I would like to apologize to the members and the moderator for my rant. Didn't mean to point to anyone in perticular. Been eating at me for a couple day as it has happened several times before. Again; my apologies. God Bless.

gray wolf
04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
I missed it ?

JesseCJC
04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
im out of the loop :(

Guesser
04-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Huh?????????

Recluse
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
You know, Sturf, I often like to call this place "The World's Biggest Small Town," 'cause that's basically what we are.

But having grown up in a small town, just because you know everyone doesn't mean you always like or agree with everyone. There are always going to be people who rub you, me, someone else, etc, the wrong way. That's just life.

Sometimes you gotta say what you gotta say. Better to rant someplace here where you can later say, "Sorry, folks. I was out of line," rather than let it build and yell at the wife or kids or someone at work or wherever.

Lot of folks have been around for quite a while and in all walks of life. The question and topic you refer to wasn't so much as about "cast boolits" as it was a business start-up question.

Just recently, we've seen a member take--and continue to take--one of the most brutal beatings I've ever seen regarding a business failure and collapse. It had nothing to do with his knowledge of firearms, ammunition, casting, or anything else related to product creation and output of the business.

Instead, it had everything to do with his lack of knowledge, experience and mentorship in starting, developing, growing, marketing and building the business.

He could've just as easily had the same catastrophic failure if he'd gone into selling flower seeds or shoelace repair.

Dysfunctional or not, we're kinda like family here and we do like to take care of our own. We've proven that time and time again, most recently with one of our brothers and sisters up in Maine who needed a new vehicle.

It was hard for me personally to watch this last member's business fail, but even harder for me to read the comments of some fellow shooters, loaders and even boolit casters.

Not pleasant, and if possibly helping someone else prevent that from happening to them means dealing out some harsh, no BS questions and facts and statements, I'd rather someone be whizzed at me and think me a jerk as opposed to saying, "Oh, if you work hard enough and long enough, you'll be successful no matter what."

In all the years I've been in the business world, I've learned two critical, vital things:

1. Grow thick skin. If you don't, every scratch, nip and bite you take will result in you bleeding to death.

2. Pay more attention to the message than you do the messenger.

Sometimes that knowledge doesn't always catch on at first (or ever, unfortunately) and worse, sometimes it is taken the wrong way that results in the exasperation you felt.

:coffee:

rhead
04-26-2010, 09:37 PM
I missed it too. If it made you feel better it was probably at least an even trade. Most of the folks here have seen enough rants to recognized them for what they are. Those that don't are usually suffering from temporary tunnel vision while they are working on a rant of their own.

I have learned that if I type it out and read it a time or two I can congratulate myself on how well I told them off, spend a few minutes in self satisfied gloating and then delete it. With me at least it is the writing it that helps. It doesn't always work but it will sometimes. You can still hit post if you decide to.

SciFiJim
04-26-2010, 10:47 PM
sturf, I was curious enough to look up your rant. I gotta say, compared to some I've seen here, your's was a cat sneeze load. Having asked for forgiveness in the past, I know its more about the asker acknowledging their guilt than the askee remembering the wrong. I've been in your shoes brother. I would grant absolution, but I am not Christ. If it makes you feel better, I will accept you apology. On that note, please don't think that you have to leave the board now.

waksupi
04-26-2010, 11:28 PM
The post in question, showed a proper application of umbrage. No problems on this end.

Bret4207
04-27-2010, 07:16 AM
One of things people seem to forget on this site is that not everything works the same in your back yard as it does in mine. People have differing experiences and when two differing results butt heads it often ends up in both parties thinking the other has no clue what he's talking about. Even at the Federal level where things are supposed to work the same across the nation there are different methods and results, especially if you add in the time factor. I ran into this all the time back when I had a real job enforcing Federal Motor Carrier Regs- "But the guy in Idaho 2 years ago told me this..." And 2 years ago that was right. Things change, local laws and regulations differ, time changes things. I once made a jerk out of myself because in the east if you lease some land you lease ALL the rights. Out west when you lease grazing rights that's apparently the only thing you lease. Couldn't wrap my mind around that for a couple days.

Anyway, my point is that we all have to remember that things differ over the country, even more over time. The best bet is always to call the people who run whatever you're interested in and get the straight scoop from them.

Your mea culpa shows you have the character and backbone to fit in here very nicely. Don't let one little buncha electrons on a screen ruin your day.

qajaq59
04-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Sturf, you said it. You apologized for it. And now you can forget about it.

sturf
04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
To me, it was somewhat more than a cat-sneeze because I do not normally let go like that. That said, I appreciate the acceptance. That's one of the reasons this is one of my favorite boards. At this point, lets just move on. God bless.

cajun shooter
04-27-2010, 08:46 AM
A man who can stand and apologize is a man that I will stand and listen to.

Shiloh
04-27-2010, 09:33 AM
What rant??

Shiloh

timkelley
04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Do it again please, I missed it.

remy3424
04-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I read that thread early on and missed it growing out of control....There was a lot of issues addressed, a lot of opinions expressed, and a lot of experiences shared....all in all a lot of issues brought up and addressed by guys in the business. Sometimes things seems kinda harsh but I think most had good intentions. This is the best site to learn about casting I have ever seen, the levels of experience of posters here is incredible, but often it is just one's opinion which like they say "opinion are like a--holes, everyone has one and a lot of them stink". I think we can all decide for ourselves which we want to believe and which to dismiss without getting our feather ruffled. No hard, no foul. Let's all move on and enjoy this excellant resource that has been created here.

44man
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
I missed it too. If it made you feel better it was probably at least an even trade. Most of the folks here have seen enough rants to recognized them for what they are. Those that don't are usually suffering from temporary tunnel vision while they are working on a rant of their own.

I have learned that if I type it out and read it a time or two I can congratulate myself on how well I told them off, spend a few minutes in self satisfied gloating and then delete it. With me at least it is the writing it that helps. It doesn't always work but it will sometimes. You can still hit post if you decide to.
I have to laugh at how many times I do that! :holysheep
But some stuff still gets through before I think about it. I am just glad most can accept the rantings of an old man. I am always in trouble over something!
So no matter what sturf posted, so what? The best of friends can have disagreements and then look at married life! :bigsmyl2:
I have been married so long I forget how many years and I am always getting hollered at. I weed whacked some flowers the other day and the world fell apart, told her I have no idea what are flowers and what are weeds, they look the same as the junk growing in the yard. Then I cut grass and she screams at me for blowing grass in the flower beds but I have never found a magic mower. The thing blows grass 20 feet and the beds are 10 feet apart.
If you fellas holler at me----hee hee--- your joking, right? Thank God we can let off some steam here.
If we were all in the same park with a big BBQ and beer, there would not be a single person that was not great. I appreciate all of you. I am sure sturf does too.

303Guy
04-28-2010, 03:02 AM
If we were all in the same park with a big BBQ and beer, there would not be a single person that was not great. I appreciate all of you. I am sure sturf does too. Yup. My sentiments too. :drinks:

HORNET
04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
If we were all in the same park with a big BBQ and beer, there would not be a single person that was not great. I appreciate all of you. I am sure sturf does too.
Of course there would still be disagreements over what kind of beer is best (correct answer: free), whether it should be dry BBQ or have sauce, what kind of sauce is best, etc. Still not a problem. [smilie=l:
If you want to see some real rants, visit the high speed 6.5 Swede threads or the RPM threshold threads. Those got/get ugly.

runfiverun
04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
rick, the p.m's get more interesting in those threads.

knappy
09-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Hell I missed it to but, never mind all will be good, we are mates here

gray wolf
09-18-2010, 10:10 AM
I missed it, didn't see it, got passed me.

So what ?

We all do it.

Stay frosty and keep posting. You made it right so all is ok in my eyes.

Sam

rintinglen
09-18-2010, 07:00 PM
I've no ground to stand on if I were to criticize anyone. The stuff that sometimes get past my gums, it's amazing some one hasn't force fed me my teeth.
You manned up, now come on here and let's talk some boolits.

jameslovesjammie
09-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Resurrected old thread...check dates on original post.

Thumbcocker
09-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Kansas City or Carolina BBQ sauce?

Recluse
09-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Kansas City or Carolina BBQ sauce?

First time I had North Carolina BBQ, I thought I'd been poisoned and I started screaming for the antidote.

Who the hell tosses a wimpy little piece of pepper in a bottle of vinegar and calls that BBQ sauce?

Give me KC or Texas BBQ all day long. What they do to meat in North Carolina would get you indicted and jailed down here.

wills
09-18-2010, 08:54 PM
First time I had North Carolina BBQ, I thought I'd been poisoned and I started screaming for the antidote.

Who the hell tosses a wimpy little piece of pepper in a bottle of vinegar and calls that BBQ sauce?

People who live in a place whose name begins with "North"