PDA

View Full Version : Lee Loading Dies

steg
04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
I missplaced my rcbs .38spl expanding die, It just went poof, gave up searching and went to the gun store to order them, Figuring to go on the cheap, I ordered Lee Dies, heck it's just an expanding die, when I got them the expanding die was missing the expanding part of the die, Took em back to the store and told him their had been alot of this stuff going on with Lee, new ones on order and wait some more............steg

morme@gte.net
04-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Unless they were behind the counter, I suspect shoplifting. I always check the box. A die from a 9mm set will work for you.

I have a Dillon 550 so I don't need the neck expander for pistol. As far as I am concerned, Lees "Factory Crimp Die"s are the best. period. All their other dies are more than satisfactory. Hornady makes the best "standard" seating die. It has basically the same floating sleeve assy as Redding/Forester competition seating dies. I've used everybody's carbide pistol size dies, and don't see much difference. Full rifle size dies are pretty much all the same too. I like the expander button in Hornady's best. closest to carbide. I don't need to lube case mouths.

steg
04-25-2010, 03:19 AM
Morme, they were behind the counter, plus the dealer opened the shipping box in front of me and handed them to me. This is a dedicated Gun store..........................steg

jcwit
04-25-2010, 08:34 AM
As the old saying goes "shxx happens". Doesnt matter what it is Lee dies or the most expensive Cadillac. Never ever is everything perfect, at least not in this world. Be thankful it wasn't perscription medicine.

mooman76
04-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I've never had a problem with stuff being missing in my Lee stuff(at least when I first open it) but one sizer die I got had and extra part in it.

thx997303
04-25-2010, 12:03 PM
I bought a new set of Lee 38 spcl carbide dies for $8

Looked em over, the collet that holds the decapping pin was tapped crooked.

Pulled the one out of my 9mm dies and have been using that.

Called Lee. They're sending me a new collet.

beemer
04-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I have had missing or wrong parts in Lee sets before, a quick call to Lee set it right. I got the replacement parts quickly with no hassle.

Dave

snake river marksman
04-26-2010, 10:03 AM
I just got two new sets of Lee dies. Deluxe carbide 40 S&W and Deluxe 3 die 223. I've only used the 40 dies but I've inspected both sets and they're perfect. I've been fortunate I guess because I've never had a problem with Lee, or any of the other manufacturers for that matter.