PDA

View Full Version : guns show report..tanner gun show colrado

mike in co
04-24-2010, 09:39 PM
ok,
old business first. the show has new tie wrap rules for all guns. basically the tie must prove an open or empty action.

this is all from the shooting at the last show. the official report says accidental shooting the results of a round in the chamber, MAYBE FROM THE MANUFACTURE. IT WAS A TARUS(sp). the slide was tied shut as i said last month, no brass was found initially,as it was still in the chamber.

ok this show:
more primers to be had...wolf, cci..some..hold your breath...FEDERAL rifle.

lower primer prices.....28-30 for small rilfe, large psitol, large rifle, small pistol....more for mag.

i did well selling about $800 in brass(retail)...one box of primers...lol, and two rifles. a 99e/308 and a very nice sks in a red fibreglass vietnam era stock.

lets see how tommorrow goes...lots in today because of poor weather.

mike in co

257 Shooter
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Mike, Thanks for the report. I am going to a gun show this week-end. Hope to find primers at lower prices.

mike in co
04-26-2010, 12:34 PM
in the couple of years i have been selling brass at shows the typical weekend is about 70-80% of sales are done on sat...mocst of that by 1-2pm. and then maybe $100-200 on sunday.
reloaders tend to hit the shows early with the know what they want and how much they want attack.
so while sat was good....this sunday i did nearly as much as i had done on saturtay. probably another $600 in brass sales.....nice, just unheard of.
maybe since the taxes(apr15th) has come and gone some money freed up.

was very nice to see. ammo sellers did good, i did not get to talk to any of the gun sellers.

mik ein co

spqrzilla
04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
I snagged a Lyman 450 lubesizer at a nice price.

condorjohn
04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi Mike,
I run the shows for our club here in Oregon. We have always had the strap rule. That said, the insurance companys are getting so "gun shy" it has become the standard for shows. We are also required to have a "Terrorist" rider! Go figure...
Condor John

HeavyMetal
04-26-2010, 10:25 PM
How do they figure the manufacturer left the round in the gun? That was what you said correct?

Not saying it's not possible, this is a crazy world, but if true how many people handled that gun before it hit the show? And nobody checked it?

Curious if you've heard an explanation for that one.

mike in co
04-27-2010, 01:35 AM
How do they figure the manufacturer left the round in the gun? That was what you said correct?

Not saying it's not possible, this is a crazy world, but if true how many people handled that gun before it hit the show? And nobody checked it?

Curious if you've heard an explanation for that one.

i think they are looking for an "OUT".
the police called it an ACCIDENT.......
the gun show people are the ones that told me about the possibility of the round being left by the maker.....

and we have had tie rules since day one, the NEW RULES are explicite as to how all are to be tied...nothing left up to you...you must do it thier way, and they have 4 full time emplyees that do notheing but comtinuously walk the show checking ties.

mike in co

HeavyMetal
04-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Sounds like someone got themselves a "smart" lawyer!

By casting suspission upon the maker they may be attempting to defuse future law suits against the gun show insurance company.

Because, I think, they have to "prove" AKA Better than an average guess, how it happened before they can move forward and sue???

Don't think it will work but real nice try!

mike in co
04-27-2010, 10:27 AM
i think the only one who may sue, is the person that got shot.
BUT
he was shot by a friend(lol sorta)

and the gun was tied by the then current rules.

to sue the show i think he will have to sue the guy who shot him also...that may not happen.

remember the police say its a accident, no on at fault( what a joke).

only time will tell.

mike in co

spqrzilla
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
The victim does not have to sue the guy who shot him. He can sue anyone he thinks is liable. The sole exception being that to sue the manufacturer he'll have to show an actual defect, or prove that the gun did have a round in it since it left the factory.

Of course, if suit is initiated, then the other parties can bring in the shooter via cross-complaint.

mike in co
04-27-2010, 03:32 PM
The victim does not have to sue the guy who shot him. He can sue anyone he thinks is liable. The sole exception being that to sue the manufacturer he'll have to show an actual defect, or prove that the gun did have a round in it since it left the factory.

Of course, if suit is initiated, then the other parties can bring in the shooter via cross-complaint.

that is kind of what i'm aiming at.

if it is a friend, the only way to keep the friend out of a suit is to not sue at all.

mike in co

HeavyMetal
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I agree with Mike, but it really depends on how serious the injury is/was.

If no "permanent" damage was done AKA Parailisis or loss of limb this issue may just go away.

However if the ability to earn a living was impaired and or a Life time of medical attention is going to be required then suing may be the victims only recourse as no insuransce is going to open deep pockets without a fight!

In which case the friend may become collateral damage to the lawsuit.

Any idea how the victim is doing?

I've seen two AD's while at IPSC match's one through the palm of the weak hand, 357 load, the other down the leg shooter fired his K-38 while still in the holster bullet entered in the upper thigh and exited at the ankle.

Both shooters were back the following month to try again. Before I go futher these two accidents did not happen in the same match.

So the victim may be up and about with no worries, I hope!