PDA

View Full Version : Great day for casting

44fanatic
04-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Have storms rolling through here from the SW. Have the garage door open on the N side of the house, no rain coming in, slight breeze rolling through the garage...

Got 3 Lee 2holers rolling along and a rythm going. Had to take a break to let the lead melt in the pot.

Time to head back out, turn on the radio...country of course, and get back to casting.

Loving it.

excavman
04-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Great day for stayin' in and rebuilding an old Stevens Favorite with a broke stock, Gramma says her grandpa used it to get a mules attention. He just kinda wired it back together and taped it up some.

Larry

44fanatic
04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Parts of the south east...stay inside weather. Tornado warnings and storm watches here in N Middle TN

Hip's Ax
04-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Sounds like a nice day! I'm stuck inside too, but I'm working on plumbing. Grrrrr. LOL.

44fanatic
04-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Im figuring if Im hiding in the garage, the wife wont put me to work.

Matt_G
04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Im figuring if Im hiding in the garage, the wife wont put me to work.

Hope it works for ya. :-P
Still got the country music going? I love listening to baseball on the radio while I cast.

1Shirt
04-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Any day is a great day for castin, sizin, lubin, loadin, etc. I listen to talk radio in the garage when I cast, so I can keep up with what Obozo is trying to do to us next.
1Shirt!:coffee:

44fanatic
04-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Things got allot worse later in the day. Had the storms roll through pretty heavy. 60mph+ winds and hail and hearing that a couple of tornado's touched down in the area. Bunch of trees down in the neighborhood.

Feel sorry for the folks in Mississipi and other parts of TN that got hit pretty hard.

frankenfab
04-25-2010, 01:07 AM
After everything blew over, I broke out my brand new Lee .45 230 RN 6 cavity. My first 6 cavity mold. I am hooked! Very few rejects. I cast probly 500 gooduns in short order. Life is good!

quack1
04-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Just off and on showers here yesterday. I cast a couple hundred each of Lyman 358271 and 358311. Maybe it's just me, but casting on a rainy day seems to make a smoother session and better bullets, than when casting on a nice day.

EDK
04-25-2010, 10:52 PM
St Louis (MO) had some tornado activity yesterday and today was gray and raining.

I went to the reloading shed and fired up some moulds....a H&G #50 off eBay I got awhile back AND two 44 full wadcutter moulds....a group buy LEE 200 grainer from GLL (Thanks again for selling me the extra!) and another group buy of LYMAN 429352 from OLD WEST BULLET MOULDS (Thank you Blammer.) A full wadcutter in 44 caliber sure makes some unmistakeable holes in the targets. When I was waiting for the ingots to melt, I fired up the STAR. A good day for casting.

Yesterday before the storms hit, I checked with the local gun shop about what I needed to do buying a pair of Original Size VAQUEROS on gunbroker without getting the "two guns in a week" visit from the FEDS. Unfortunately, as I was leaving I noticed a clean used 617 SMITH & WESSON in the display case. It called my name and it doesn't look like I need to worry about the VAQUEROS for awhile. So many guns on the wish list, so little money.