PDA

View Full Version : Brass choice remington versus highland

barrabruce
04-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Just a quick Question.
Which would you prefer to buy Remington cases or highland??

That's the only choices I have for my 30-30 .

Well remington cases is all I can get where I am after an hrs drive or so.
But a bloke is down in the big smoke.
And we are stocking up on all sorts of stuff while we can.

He can pick up some loaded factory highland 150fnsp for me pretty much the same price as remington empties.

Rough aint it!!!!!

Anything wrong with Highland brass??
Consistency or what ever???
Iv'e got some remington brass I've loaded at least 25x and they seem o.k. enough.

I've never fired factory stuff in my rifle yet.

But its the brass I'm after ..well I could see how it shoots with factory stuff ammo I suppose.

Anyone had any experience with Highland brass.

Cheers
Bruce

legend
04-19-2010, 11:18 AM
i am in usa,but never heard of highland;remington brass is fine i shootit all the time for 40 years.25 times should tell you its ok.

Recluse
04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Bruce,

If you neck-size only, load t hem light, and anneal the brass every ten or so firings, I honestly don't think it matters between the two brands.

I've been told that 30-30 is a little thinner around the neck than 30-06 or .303, .308, etc., but I've still yet to have a 30-30 case neck split on me by following my own advice above.

:coffee:

Bigjohn
04-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Bruce, Nothing wrong with either brand. Highland AX is mainly Eastern European manufacture, basically Privi Partisan.

I'm using their 7,62 x 39 without issue.

barrabruce
04-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the replys.

Iv'e got a mate picking me up 100 rnds of Highland 150 grnsp for $104 which is not bad a price for around here.
They are usually about $30++ for 20 now at the local sporting goods last time I looked.(awhile ago)
Remington brass was $64 per 100.

I need to shoot some factory stuff anyway to see how they shoot.
And where they shoot .
Incase I need them for pigs etc.
I know it sounds daft to some but a couple handi may be the ticket for a cranky pig till I have developed and had some time real time up with cast.

Not that I don't believe you all ..
It'll least make at least my shooting associates happy.

Thanks
Bruce