PDA

View Full Version : More Crowing

Suo Gan
04-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Well after the umpteenth time of stumbling upon a garage sale that just sold that box full of bullet molds, or the old lady who just gave away ol' Franks ten ton of lead ingots...I found it, and I got it, packed it out, and brought it home, and I am not ashamed, and am basking in the fortune of my good luck. For a day I was a hero. So without further ado I found, a ton of lead, 20 odd pounds of solder, and fourteen genuine old school boolit molds that would make the finest caster steeped in the lore of makes like Henley and Gibbs and Bond greeeeen with envy. Just thought I'd crow. And oh I gave $110 for the works :holysheep. And no it wasn't an old lady I hornshwaggled, it was a junk dealer. That was a good day. Can you stand more???? He says there will be more coming! Yipppeee! :smile::smile:

Matt_G
04-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Wow. :shock:

You lucky dog you.
Could we see some pics please.

timbuck
04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
You dont say where this varmint of a junk dealer is located. If I am close enough, I would help you teach him a lesson.:kidding:

454PB
04-14-2010, 01:52 PM
The sun is shining on the right dog.....congrats!

Now get out there and buy some lottery tickets...

lead Foot
04-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Stunning find ~ I bet you are still smileing :bigsmyl2:
Well done.
Lead foot;

Jack Stanley
04-14-2010, 04:14 PM
That's great !! good on ya ! ............ now if ya happen to have any four cavity thirty caliber molds in the pile from H&G Lyman or Ideal , I'd be happy to take them off your hands ... I'd even pay for them .

Jack

257 Shooter
04-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Great find. Glad you got such a great deal.

klutz347
04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Pics of said Booty?

Congrats on the find.

cumminsnut76
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
yes yes pics!!!!

Bad Water Bill
04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
No respectable caster would EVER think of having those vulgar nasty ancient things in their posession. Send them to me and for a NOMINAL fee I will dispose of them and never give out your address. For shame, and a ton of HAZARDOUS substance as well. Man that will cost a fortune at the landfill. :bigsmyl2: Hurry quick before I change my mind.

Suo Gan
04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
You guys are making me blush. It has been a great year and I can't complain, even though my dad gum state has outlawed the evil lead wheel weight! That has worked out well for me too, I had several tire shops give me their whole kit and kaboodle of wheel weights, I guess if they are caught putting these on a car it is a $2,500 dollar a day fine!!!!!!! I even got a bucket of the mythical 1 pound ww! I guess 2010 is my year. CumminsNut does Natchez have a store in town? And what year Dodge? Just rebuilt the tranny in my 98 after 125k. Take care all. If I feel man enough I might pile it on my bench and snap a photo.

steg
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
timbuck, and Bad Water Bill, nice try, but I think he should send some to me to counter balance my casting set-up, you know for safety, LOL, Congrats on your find Suo Gan........steg

ghh3rd
04-15-2010, 11:57 AM
How old are you, and where do you live? Perhaps I can wait for the junk man to sell that stuff again :kidding:

Humbo
04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Nice haul! As a junk dealer, he should know that one ton of lead is worth a lot more than that. And yeah, pics please!

Buckshot
04-16-2010, 01:21 AM
...............Yup Suo Gan, if you REALLY want the troops to think ill thoughts about you (Why HIM, and not ME! :-)) and get all riled up you simply have to post some pics. You know, really rub it in good8-)

................Buckshot

lwknight
04-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Oooh!! you sorry dog , you.
I never get a steal like that.
I mean its like going hunting and finding your quarry already marinaded and cooked with wine served.

cumminsnut76
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
You guys are making me blush. It has been a great year and I can't complain, even though my dad gum state has outlawed the evil lead wheel weight! That has worked out well for me too, I had several tire shops give me their whole kit and kaboodle of wheel weights, I guess if they are caught putting these on a car it is a $2,500 dollar a day fine!!!!!!! I even got a bucket of the mythical 1 pound ww! I guess 2010 is my year. CumminsNut does Natchez have a store in town? And what year Dodge? Just rebuilt the tranny in my 98 after 125k. Take care all. If I feel man enough I might pile it on my bench and snap a photo.

I have a pair a 94 3/4 ton with that damn automatic!!!!! and then my 2001 3/4 ton with the 5 speed. Needless to say the fivespeed is my favorite and my trailer hauler as well as my play truck and it only has ........ 275 thousand on it. Just getting broke in.