PDA

View Full Version : las vegas gun show 10/11 ...part 2

mike in co
04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
sold a little brass...no reloaders in vegas or too many shows ??
sold some primers.......an ok gun right up till a coolant hose sprung a leak at midnight sat.

its a saab 9-5 and a special hose...i was able to get out of town on monday at 4pm..only one day late and a few hundred dollars down...extra food/room/repair cost.....entertainment...lol.

ok here is the good part....

one stevens 311d 12ga/28" sidexsidel..........$100 great overall tho with a repair in the stock at the back of the recver...matches and nicely done.
one chinese commercial sks, all matching.......$200.......gonna be a keeper....nice match to my viet nam era red fibre glass stocked sks
two mn91/30's one hex/one round..refurb matching......$60 each....( both had century arms tags still attached)

the guy that "sold" the 12ga and the mn's was dumping misc guns....he sold 41 of 42 rifles he brought......true clearance pricing...but you had to ask...he had no prices listed.

so while money wise it was not a good trip, the increase in my gun collection liked the trip.

mike in co

MT Gianni
04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
The Stevens is a real steal and probably worth the cost of the trip, at least the repairs.

StarMetal
04-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Gee Mike, a nuke MM should have be able to repaired that hose. I know an old BT could. Glad your home safe and with some new toys.

mike in co
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Gee Mike, a nuke MM should have be able to repaired that hose. I know an old BT could. Glad your home safe and with some new toys.

duct tape and two tie wraps( from the gun show).....

i had taken tool box and travel stuff out of car to get brass in....and brought most of the brass back....shoulda kept the tools in.....

mike in co

mike in co
04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
The Stevens is a real steal and probably worth the cost of the trip, at least the repairs.

my original plans were to cut it down to 18".........

bur.....may see if there is a buyer with enough money to change my plans.

mike in co