PDA

View Full Version : lyman handles

walker77
04-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Can anyone tell me if the lyman 4 cavity handles fit a 2 cavity mold? I tried the search function and way too many post come up to sort through it all. It seems like i remember reading a post a while back that would answer my question, but i cant seem to find it now. Thanks guys!

JSAND
04-13-2010, 07:48 AM
walker77,

I just put a 2 cavity on my 4 cav handles, and while it will go on, the screw holes don't line up correctly and the mould is missaligned on the front side, could probably be made to work with a little work, but no straight out of the box. At least that is the way my mould and handles fit together.

Calamity Jake
04-13-2010, 08:36 AM
The new style Lyman handles are made to fit there 2 & 4 cav molds. The old nutcracker style will not fit the 2 cav.

I have not had any trouble with the new style but looks like JSAND is.

walker77
04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
JSAND, was your handles the new ones or the old ones?

JSAND
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
I just got them in from Midsouth yesterday, so assuming they are the new style. The 2 cav mould I put on them was the Lyman #245496 6mm, that may be an old 2 cav mould, but the 2 cav mould handles that I bought with the mould should have been new, the handles are exactly the same length, the 4 cav have more cut away where the mould connects and the holes are not in the same location. They are close, but not exact, thus the mould fits on, just not well enough to even think about pouring led, had a small missalignment in the front of the mould.