PDA

View Full Version : Case Lube

kbstenberg
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
So far all i have ever loaded on has been an RCBS Rockchucker press. I have a Lee Classic turret on back order. I was loading tonight an i got to thinking. With the higher speed of loading on a turret, how do you lube your cases? Do you do it in mass before you start loading? If you do, do you also lubricate inside the necks at the same time.
On the same subject. Do most of you use an aerosol spray lubricant?
Kevin

sdelam
04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
I dont have a turret but I do have a progressive. I size rifle brass on a single stage, trim it and re tumble it before loading it on the progressive.

I have used a spray lube and ran it through same as pistol but the resizing as the first step made the whole operation very rough. I then either wiped the loaded round down with a rag or threw the loaded rounds in the tumbler for 10 min.

DLCTEX
04-12-2010, 11:21 PM
+1 on rifle cases sized on a single stage, except those cases I use the Lee collet sizer on. Pistol cases I size on the turret. I loaded 50 of 38 Special tonight. High volumes of 45 ACP I load on my Loadmaster. I really like the Safety Prime system. A little graphite helped the primer dispenser work more freely.

cajun shooter
04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I spread my 44-40 cases on newspaper on the island in the kitchen with permisson from SWMBO. I spray them with Dillon case lube and allow them to dry before throwing all of them together in a Dillon bin where they await there fate. By the way I have a Lee Classic Turret that I use to catch my overflow from the Dillon. It's a great little press but order you some of the little square pieces of plastic that goes on the rod that makes it turn. It will have one go out right when you are starting a big reloading job and the press will not work unless turned by hand.