PDA

View Full Version : Deer Tacos

PatMarlin
07-14-2006, 11:19 PM
This is real Mex style, so maybe a little spicy for some folks...

I take venison cuts and flatten them with wax paper and a rubber mallet.

Cut in thin strips bout 1/8" x 1.5" long, across the grain.

Mix with Grandmas Chili Powder, or dark chili powder of your favorite brand, in a bowl. Coat the meat pretty good, and set aside while you get your condiments together.

I dice up white onion and cilantro. Then use my favorite salsa. That's it.

Heat up a fryin' pan hot and add some extra virgin olive oil, and drop in your meat with salt to taste whilst cooking. Few minuets of stir frying is all it takes, to get it cooked but not over done.

I like flour tortillas so all we do is through one on the stove burner, few seconds on each side, then add your meat, onion, cilantro, the a good bit of salsa, and roll her up.

This has a good down home mex flavor, and is excellent!!

Good for you too with venison, no lard, great cancer fighting health supporting agents such as the extra virgin olive oil, cumin and chili's, licopene from the salsa, and more!

:Fire:...................Pat

mike in co
07-16-2006, 09:23 PM
This is real Mex style, so maybe a little spicy for some folks...

I take venison cuts and flatten them with wax paper and a rubber mallet.

Cut in thin strips bout 1/8" x 1.5" long, across the grain.

Mix with Grandmas Chili Powder, or dark chili powder of your favorite brand, in a bowl. Coat the meat pretty good, and set aside while you get your condiments together.

I dice up white onion and cilantro. Then use my favorite salsa. That's it.

Heat up a fryin' pan hot and add some extra virgin olive oil, and drop in your meat with salt to taste whilst cooking. Few minuets of stir frying is all it takes, to get it cooked but not over done.

I like flour tortillas so all we do is through one on the stove burner, few seconds on each side, then add your meat, onion, cilantro, the a good bit of salsa, and roll her up.

This has a good down home mex flavor, and is excellent!!

Good for you too with venison, no lard, great cancer fighting health supporting agents such as the extra virgin olive oil, cumin and chili's, licopene from the salsa, and more!

:Fire:...................Pat

ok but do the deer like them ???

PatMarlin
07-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Everywhere but Colorado. It seems they just didn't take off there.. :mrgreen:

9.3X62AL
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Hijo la, that sounds VERY tasty.

Marie made up a BIG kettle of albondigas (meatball soup) on Monday night, using the deerburger provided by NV Curmudgeon's 260 Remington. The venison burger and garden vegetables from the back yard made the soup DELIGHTFUL.

The shredded beef that Pat describes here might be the best use of venison roasts taken locally. They can be a mite dry hereabouts.

PatMarlin
07-21-2006, 10:24 AM
The albondigas sounds mucho goodo Al. I love meat balls.

I'm about out of venison. I could save a whole deer just for chili and tacos.. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking this year chili, tacos, and sausage and meatballs for my furry pray. Nothin' else.:mrgreen: :drinks:

9.3X62AL
07-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Back in the days when I actually shot deer locally, I saved out the backstraps and some roasts--the rest got blended with 30% ground beef for deerburger. As stated above, it can be a little dry around here--and the roasts would make some delightful taco or enchilada filling.