PDA

View Full Version : 11 cap nipples

PatMarlin
04-10-2010, 11:38 AM
What's the best brand cap nipple?

Maven
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Pat, I've used Uncle Mike's pressure relieving stainless steel nipples (2 small vents near the very top) and was very happy with them. Also, Treso, Inc. makes phosphor bronze #11 nipples, which are highly regarded. Track of the Wolf, Dixie, Jedidiah Starr, et. al. stock them. I believe another manufacturer currently makes the Uncle Mike's brand of nipples though.

mooman76
04-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Like everything else, there is no best, just what each person prefers. I like or prefer CCI. The ones I like the least are CVA unless they have changed. I have not bought CVA in allot of years. They were a solid brass cup and I would litterally have to pry them off with something. The CCI I have are copper with ridges so the tear after firing and can be easily removed.

mooman76
04-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I just reread your post. Are you talking caps for the nipple or nipples for the cap? I also prefer Uncle mikes if that's what you are talking about. There are other good ones out there but it's hard to tell until you try. You don't want a soft one because the mushroom and don't work well as long.

cherokee235b
04-10-2010, 09:21 PM
There is a #11 cap made in Germany that is excellent. I don't remember the name of it but I think is called Noble something. Any caps made in Germany are good.

nascarkent
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
{There is a #11 cap made in Germany that is excellent. I don't remember the name of it but I think is called Noble something. Any caps made in Germany are good.}

That would be RWS caps I use them also.:)

PatMarlin
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I was refering to the nipple. Thanks for the tips. I think I have one of the Unkle Mikes on one of my smoke poles.

I had purchased 2 TC nipples and for some strange reason both of them missfired quite a bit, so I trashed canned em'.

stubshaft
04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
{There is a #11 cap made in Germany that is excellent. I don't remember the name of it but I think is called Noble something. Any caps made in Germany are good.}

That would be RWS caps I use them also.:)

+3 - RWS gives me the best fit for my R O A and have never had a misfire with them. Unfortunately I am down to my last 2,000 and no longer have a source for them.

docone31
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Uncle Mikes works for me, better than factory.
With repeated firing, the end "flowers" some. I file that in line with the nipple and get lots more life from them. When I have to strike twice to get ingition, I know I have to dress the nipple down. Not much, but down.

Hellgate
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I believethat Uncle Mike's no longer makes their nice SS nipples. Butler creek may still. Otherwise, I would try Thunder Ridge or TOW.