PDA

View Full Version : I have been blessed

archmaker
04-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Lost my grandmother yesterday.

This is my last grandparent, but I am approaching 47 and she was big part of my life. Lost her husband about 11 years ago truly one of the great men I have known, served in the WWII 97th Bomb Group. He loved the poem "If" and carried with him most of his life, a tradition I still carry on today.

I was also fortanate to know my great grandparents very well remember times when my greatgrandmother took me fishing and cheated at Canista when we played her :)

I lost all three of my great grandparents when I was in my 20's and remember how blessed I was then.

Looking back on all the times I spent with them, miss them all and happy to have known them all at the same time.

gon2shoot
04-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Sorry for your loss.

I've alwasy considered grandparents as fountains of love, and purveyors of wisdom.

Dean D.
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my last Grandparent many years ago. You were lucky to have been able to spend time with them and get to know them. They are never truly gone as long as we carry their memory with us.

My father is also very fond of the poem "If", it has a special place in my heart as well.

castalott
04-17-2010, 01:54 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Remember the love and try to be as good to others as they were to you.... It's been 24 years since I've lost them and it still stings a little to this day.