PDA

View Full Version : Quigleys Tang Sight.....

Lee
07-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Anyone who has watched the movie saw the part where Quigley appeared to remove his tang sight from a small leather bag, then affix it to his rifle.

Was this the whole tang sight? Did he have a screw driver to screw it on the tang? Did he have some sort of quick-connect gizmo that he used?

I'm thinking he might have had knurled screws that could be used to affix the tang sight by hand??

Reason I want to know... The tang sight seems a bother at 100 yds or so. I prefer to use front/rear barrel sights at that range. I don't like the idea of laying the tang sight down, pointing right at my eye, and squeezing the trigger...:neutral:

How do you guys cope with a rifle having both tang and rear sight?? Thanks in advance.....................Lee:)

Bad Ass Wallace
07-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Wind the peep up to approx the 500yd setting then look through the BIG gap in the vertical staff:)

Bullshop
07-14-2006, 03:21 PM
He just removed the staff from the base at the pivot. The pivot pin should have a knurled head. All origonal and replica sights I have seen have a knurled head for the pivot. Thread it out push the staff down slightly to compress the tension spring and the screw should come right out, and the staff lift straight up and out. Sights that are not replica may be new design and not work this way.
To replace the staff just line it up in the slot press it down to compress the leaf spring slide the screw in and rethread. Should take about 10 seconds to do eather.
BIC/BS