PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Astorbilt MIA?

mroliver77
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I was searching and noticed an older post by Morgan and realized he hasn't been around. I looked and his last post was like June 09 and last checked in on 11/09. Nothing in his posts that to go on. I liked his posts as he was a wealth of gun knowledge.
Jay

bullshot
04-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Same with Lumpie. Hasn't been on since 11/07/09. Sent him a PM around the holidays-- no response. Afraid to call, I know he had medical problems.

DLCTEX
04-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Last communication I had with Lumpie, quiet a while ago, his wife was very ill and consuming all his time. I know his own health was not good. I hope both of these guys are OK.

Bad Water Bill
04-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Since many of us will never see 60 again this might be something for the powers that be to check out. Would there be a way for ALL members to give the site a contact # if we are not heard from in a while. At the time most of us would be missed we just might need all the prayers this place can generate to get us back and posting again.

Bret4207
04-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Many moons back there was a sort of drive to get something like that set up, letting someone know to contact this place if we kicked off. Not a bad idea.

TCLouis
04-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I resemble those remarks!

Sounds like a plan.

Lots of us drive interstates every day and that creates a possible issue does not care about age.

MT Gianni
04-09-2010, 09:08 AM
My wife has instructions as where to post and what to do with my casting stuff in event of my unforeseen demise.

mroliver77
04-12-2010, 03:22 AM
It would be nice if we could Leave a contact phone # available to only the mods or Willy/Ken to be used only for situations like this. It would be nice to know if one of our little "family" here were in dire straights or deceased. Then a Cast Boolits sympathy card could be sent. Maybe we should have an MIA sticky.
Jay

lead4me
04-12-2010, 03:41 AM
At the shop I work at we have a small "shop ran " store not much just pop chips cigs candy ect... but a % of all sales goes toward a flower fund just in case. You don't always have the funds when thing happen so this takes away the burden. Plus it's from the gang at work so all are included.
Maybe we could set something like that up here? A $1.00 a year dues"voluntary" would go a long way toward flowers & card. Just a thought

Morgan Astorbilt
10-01-2011, 02:04 AM
I was searching and noticed an older post by Morgan and realized he hasn't been around. I looked and his last post was like June 09 and last checked in on 11/09. Nothing in his posts that to go on. I liked his posts as he was a wealth of gun knowledge.
Jay

Thanks for the compliment, Jay. Due to some arm twisting by my better half, about 2-1/2 yrs. ago, we moved to a retirement community (Sun City, Carolina Lakes) Indian Land, SC, about 90mi. from my home (shop, rifle and pistol ranges, etc.) in the NC foothills.
Kept the other place, but it became a bit much to drive back and forth, to do a bit of shooting or reloading.

I've recently joined the nearby Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club, and am in the process of shooting up my stock of reloads, forcing me to figure out a way to bring some casting and reloading equipment down here, and set up portable take-down units, the way I did when first married, and living in an apartment.

I expect to be back contributing to these forums, where I can be of help.

Morgan

lead-1
10-01-2011, 03:30 AM
mroliver77 posted this almost a year and a half ago so it has been a while since you were here.
With no further ado allow me to be the first to say Welcome Back, and glad to meet you on line.

Bret4207
10-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Boy, it's really a relief to see you Morgan! Welcome home, glad you're back!:guntootsmiley:

Echo
10-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Glad to see you back, Morgan.

blackthorn
10-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Sometimes change just sucks!! Glad to see you are O.K. and back on line. Have a great day!!

Bill*
10-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Glad you're back and OK

shooterg
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
When you shoot up the supplies, take a "vacation" to the old place and cast a bunch ! or maybe you could teach the craft to some of the boys at the new club ? You could have a class and let them cast you a few thousand while they learn - like whitewashing Tom Sawyer's fence !

mroliver77
10-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Good to see you are still around Morgan!

A lot of us are getting older and when one of us goes missing one wonders if they have maybe signed on to their last forum.:shock:
Jay

geargnasher
10-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Don't scare us like that! Glad you're back.

Might I make a plug for the Lee Breech-lock hand press? You can keep all the stuff you need to reload several calibers including the press in something the size of a plastic tool box and still be able to carry it easily if you didn't load it up with too many boolits. I made a range kit that includes reloading block, powder measure, stand, two digital powder scales with wind baffle, several sets of dies with extra breech-lock bushings, Lee dippers, powder, hand primer, primers, and when I go to the range I carry a separate box with boolits and brass in it. You could add the Lee cast trimmers, primer pocket cleaner, fine steel wool, and chamfer tool as well to complete your case-cleaning duties and that would all fit in the box as well. Just an idea to help save space, no bench required other than a TV tray or side table to set up your loading block and powder charging equipment.

Gear

MtGun44
10-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi Morgan,

Good to hear from you again. Sorry about the move, but that sort of thing is out there
downstream waiting for all of us. Best wishes on getting a new setup.

Bill

Morgan Astorbilt
10-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks to all for the big welcome back.
Gear, the new house is small, with no basement, but I've got a workbench across the rear wall of the garage. It's one of those made with a butcher block top, spanning two roll away-style cabinets, sold by Sam's Club. This forms a knee hole, and I plan to mount my presses and powder measures, on foot long lengths of 1" oak boards, and just clamp them to the top, as needed. I've got progressive presses for the calibers I shoot a lot. Dillon SD's in .45acp, .45LC., and .38spl. and a Hornady in .38-40. I think I posted photos of these on a thread where I showed how to install an inexpensive $5 shop numerical counter as an alternative to the $$$Dillon counter. Serious rifle loads, and case forming will be done as always, back in my shop with my heavy single stage presses, as will my shot-shell loading, on my MEC 9000.

Morgan

Love Life
10-01-2011, 11:55 PM
At the shop I work at we have a small "shop ran " store not much just pop chips cigs candy ect... but a % of all sales goes toward a flower fund just in case. You don't always have the funds when thing happen so this takes away the burden. Plus it's from the gang at work so all are included.
Maybe we could set something like that up here? A $1.00 a year dues"voluntary" would go a long way toward flowers & card. Just a thought

First off welcome back. I am relatively new here and love mingling with the "Old timers"

+1 to the quote

DLCTEX
10-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome back. I had missed you.