PDA

View Full Version : Free conceal carry permit

sheepdog
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Normally wouldn't post in here but this is huge.

"A Virginia CHP permit is currently valid in AK, AR, AZ, DE, FL, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, and WV."

Virginia ONLY - FREE concealed handgun permit course .EDU ONLY
Note you still have to pay the application fee (to the Commonwealth of VA), but the test is usually in the $50 range.

edit to emphasize: "A Virginia CHP permit is currently valid in AK, AR, AZ, DE, FL, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, and WV."

ie, if you're a resident of state listed above, a VA non-resident permit will be honored in your home state!!!!

Enjoy.....

Greetings SCCC Supporters:

The Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Board of Directors is
pleased to announce that for all of empty holder protest week (Now -
April 10 @ 11:59 PM ET), there is an opportunity for anyone with a
.edu email address to obtain a FREE CHP TRAINING COURSE for Virginia.
Both residential and non-residential permits are available in
Virginia.

Online training is valid under Virginia law for a Virginia CHP permit
(VA Code §18.2-308 (G)(7) and (P1)(7)). Education and training are key
goals of SCCC. By making training available to students, faculty, and
staff on campus, we will further a goal shared by both sides of the
gun rights debate: to educate about the core safety aspects of
firearms and self-defense.

Here's what you do:

1) Visit: http://www.onlineconcealedcarry.com/
2) Register with a .edu email address
3) Use the following discount code: 923726
4) Finish the course before April 10 @ 11:59 PM ET.

Upon completion of the course, you will be given a printable
certificate of completion. Instructions on how to submit this
certificate to Virginia authorities is available at:
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm . Please note that you will
be responsible for any state fee(s) and compliance with all legal
standards that Virginia requires.

A Virginia CHP permit is currently valid in AK, AR, AZ, DE, FL, ID,
IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN,
TX, UT, VT, and WV. Please note however that currently Michigan (MI),
South Carolina (SC), and Florida (FL) only honor permits from
residents of the issuing states.

SCCC encourages you to spread word about this program far and wide.
Please, tell your friends on campus. Post this information on your
SCCC campus mailing lists. Post it on your campus SCCC Facebook
groups. Let's get the word out!

Lloyd Smale
04-07-2010, 06:25 AM
just yesterday i renewed my michigan permit. 105 bucks processing 10 bucks for a pasport photo and about 20 bucks in gas running around. Its good for 3 years now. When i first got it i had to renew it every year! It still argers me that i have to pay for a permit that in all reality is a contitutional right!

357maximum
04-07-2010, 02:47 PM
just yesterday i renewed my michigan permit. 105 bucks processing 10 bucks for a pasport photo and about 20 bucks in gas running around. Its good for 3 years now. When i first got it i had to renew it every year! It still argers me that i have to pay for a permit that in all reality is a contitutional right!

Lloyd You are not paying for the permit or the right.......you are simply paying for the taxes/paperwork on the right. The MSP, your CLEO, LEO's, and Jenny need to eat too you know.:bigsmyl2: I am sure they all thank you for your contribution...sleep well knowing you have helped.[smilie=s:

Remeber the $5 bucks you used to spend on a purchase permit and what a pain that system was?.....................the CPL system is a whole lot better.....you just have to pay for the convenience.[smilie=l: Kinda like buying gaschecks instead of making them if you think about it.[smilie=p::bigsmyl2:[smilie=l:

HORNET
04-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Of course, you still can't carry in Wayne County so those fine folks in Duh-troit can be safe from those horrible firearms and only have to worry about being robbed by their mayor...

flhroy
04-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Just renewed mine here in Oregon. $50 and good for four years. Its not good for WA,CA or NV but if I go East I can get all the way to SD without breaking the law.

cheese1566
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Don't you need to be a resident of Virginia to get the Virginia permit?

klcarroll
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Well, .......Just be glad that you don't live in "The People's Republic of Illinois"!!!

.......One of the TWO states in the Union that have NO concealed carry provision whatsoever!

Actually, Illinois is similar to some other states, …..in that most of the really anal, nonsensical legislation comes from the State’s colossally mismanaged “Major Urban Area”.

The thing that puts Illinois in a class by itself is the fact that Chicago and Cook County are “owned” by Richie Daley and The Chicago Democratic Machine! (Considering their attitudes and management style, …I’m really surprised that Illinois isn’t still burning Witches!!)

Kent

Fortkevin2
04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Does this apply to NC students?

mpmarty
04-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I too have an Oregon CCW permit and understand WA doesn't honor them. That's why I have a Washington Non Resident permit and also one from Utah and Nevada. Wife and I tour the southwest on our motorcycle every spring and summer and both of us carry.

jlchucker
04-07-2010, 04:17 PM
My carry permit, concealed or out in the open, was issued to me by the State of Vermont on the day I was born here as a citizen of the US. So far we have no "permitting" required for ownership, possession, or carrying of a firearm, but the leftwing liberals who have steadily invaded this State over the past 30 years or so are surely working to change all of this for the worse. I can recall as a kid still in grade school, going down to the old general store and buying hunting ammo by the round during grouse season and deer season. No questions asked.

Why do all of these other States prohibit law-abiding people from owning a firearm in the first place? Are they afraid that it would be a danger to real felons? Or maybe they can't trust the children that they haven't raised properly in the first place!

Canuck Bob
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Try Canada! If you really want to go through some incredible hoops you can carry around your house. Be very thankful your forefathers put a provision in your constitution regarding firearms. The fact you can get a concealed carry permit anywhere is mind boggling to most of the civilized world.

fivegunner
04-07-2010, 04:24 PM

:confused: Lloyd , your cpl is good for 5 years not 3. at least it is for us downstaters / trolls. [smilie=s::drinks:

Wayne Smith
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Does this apply to NC students?

The way it's written I would assume so. However, you would have an out of state permit that is valid in your state. Since I believe North Carolina is also a "shall issue" state you might as well get one in your state. If you qualify here you should qualify there. This would be handy for someone who is going to school in one of those states who's home state permit does not apply. It would give them a permit to carry in the state where they are going to school.

klcarroll
04-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Try Canada! If you really want to go through some incredible hoops you can carry around your house. Be very thankful your forefathers put a provision in your constitution regarding firearms. The fact you can get a concealed carry permit anywhere is mind boggling to most of the civilized world.

It kinda makes you want to re-evaluate the word "civilized", ......doesn't it???

Kent

357maximum
04-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Well, .......Just be glad that you don't live in "The People's Republic of Illinois"!!!

.......One of the TWO states in the Union that have NO concealed carry provision whatsoever!

Actually, Illinois is similar to some other states, …..in that most of the really anal, nonsensical legislation comes from the State’s colossally mismanaged “Major Urban Area”.

The thing that puts Illinois in a class by itself is the fact that Chicago and Cook County are “owned” by Richie Daley and The Chicago Democratic Machine! (Considering their attitudes and management style, …I’m really surprised that Illinois isn’t still burning Witches!!)

Kent

I was at a gunshow with 45 2.1, BaBore, and Dutch4122 somewhere down in southern Illinois across the river from St. Louis I think...... last august. A man (politician I think) asked me to sign the petition to get a cpl program started in Illinois. I told him I was from Michigan and actually had a CPL. He actually wanted to see what one looked like. So I showed him mine and you could see the envy in his eyes. There is a movement afoot in your state......you might want to see what YOU can do to help the cause. That FOID card thing ya'll have going in your state could use some axeing also. I was not actually aware until that day that such an a**anine thing existed in this country outside The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. From an outsiders view of Illinois, your state needs to take out some of the garbage you have "representing" you. Michigan pistol owners may be in a data base but at least they let us pretend we are somewhat free. The visit to Illinois was an eye opener for sure.

klcarroll
04-07-2010, 05:06 PM
357maximum;

There has been a "CPL initiative" here in Illinois for at least the past 30 years: (...All the way back to when I held a Class II FFL here!)

.......And a number of sincere, dedicated people (and organizations) have gone bankrupt fighting for that cause!

Unless you live here, you can't fully understand how powerful and well-entrenched The Cook County Democratic Machine is!! (....otherwise known as "The Dark Side"!)

REMEMBER!!!! .......These are the very same people who CREATED Mr. Obama for you!!

Kent

DanOH
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Does a Virginnia student have to be 21 years old to recieve a ccw permit?

My daughter is in school down there and in Ohio the age limit is 21...she won't be 21 til Oct.

Wonder if she could get the Va liscence and it would be good on her B-day?

cumminsnut76
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
I am also interested in the age limit. I go to the University of Missouri so I have the edu address but i'm only 20 at this current time. Our local bass pro is offering the class FREE to anyone over 23 (maybe the age in missouri?) you just have to buy their lunch and targets which comes out to like $20

Sonoma2k2
04-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Does a Virginnia student have to be 21 years old to recieve a ccw permit?

My daughter is in school down there and in Ohio the age limit is 21...she won't be 21 til Oct.

Wonder if she could get the Va liscence and it would be good on her B-day?

what school she go to? I'm 30 mins away from Va Tech and maybe we could hookup one day when you come down from Ohio.

The Dove
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Canuck Bob,

I feel for you amigo. And I thank God and the old boys that started this great Country every day.

BOOMER SOONER

The Dove

Lloyd Smale
04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
guess your right pal. it could be worse. At least we can get on still.
Lloyd You are not paying for the permit or the right.......you are simply paying for the taxes/paperwork on the right. The MSP, your CLEO, LEO's, and Jenny need to eat too you know.:bigsmyl2: I am sure they all thank you for your contribution...sleep well knowing you have helped.[smilie=s:

Remeber the $5 bucks you used to spend on a purchase permit and what a pain that system was?.....................the CPL system is a whole lot better.....you just have to pay for the convenience.[smilie=l: Kinda like buying gaschecks instead of making them if you think about it.[smilie=p::bigsmyl2:[smilie=l:

Wayne Smith
04-08-2010, 12:39 PM
21 years requied in Virginia. What's the point of having a permit if you can't posess a handgun?

Doc_Stihl
04-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Here in NH I had my CCW when I turned 18. Couldn't buy ammunition or the firearm, but could carry.

My "Licence to Carry a Pistold or Revolver" costs me $10 for 4 years. NH is a shall issue state.

NH has reciprocity with 21 states currently but VA isn't one of them. Strange...
(I still prefer Vermonts stance. It ain't they business, they stay out of it)