PDA

View Full Version : Lar45 Comes Through.....BIG time!!!

BruceB
07-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Some time ago I arrived at the realization that the pile of Williams' beeswax under my bench was NEVER going to see a melting pot while I owned it. So, I contacted Glenn to see if he'd be interested in swapping my beeswax for some of his lube.

He agreed, and I shipped the fifty-odd pounds off to Idaho.

Yesterday, in spite of all his recent trials and tribulations, I got a BIG box of ready-to-use lube in the mail. Note that we never said "how much" or "how many" in our dealings, and I just asked him to send some lube which reflected a FAIR-TO-HIM value for my wax, leaving a decent margin for profit from his use of the stuff.

I am blown away by the generosity. I think he sent at least twice as much lube as I could reasonably expect, plus some samples of other lube goodies as well.

I could have thanked him privately, but this is a better way to acknowledge his wonderful concept of square-dealing-PLUS. If I ever work my way through the treasure-chest of lube he sent, guess where my next order will come from????

Glenn, many thanks.

Jumptrap
07-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Bruce,

You know the right thing to do is to send half of it back..........HAR!

Good people do good things. Those of old Cadre have established this over and over again to me. I am sure Glenn wanted you to receive good measure, well pressed down and heaped high.

David R
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I have news for you, he is just getting you hooked on his lube :)

Its the only lube I will use.

He is a great guy.

David

lar45
07-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

The Bob Williams bees wax has been working well for me. I just wish that I could get another ton of it, as I'm down to my last hundred pounds or so. I looked at the stuff that was on ebay that was supposed to be import beeswax. The guy sent me a sample and it is very hard, he said that it has some parrafin in it. I'm guessing lots of parrafin.

The people here are an excellent group of individuals. If only we could all move to the same town and not have to lock our doors at night or wonder what the dog is barking at...

I turned out a small pile of 440gn Lee .500 boolits the other night doin the BruceB. My Lee dribble master just couldn't keep up with the ingots going in the top and pouring the 2 cav mold as fast as I could go setting the blocks and sprue plate on a sponge.
I had a big towel in a box set out to drop them on and would roll them all to one end while I was waiting for the pot to heat back up when the spout froze.
thanks Bruce.

take care.
Glenn.

keeper89
07-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Let me add my thanks to Bruce for sharing his method, also. Not only has my casting rate increased substantially, it is now a rare thing to have to do the melted lead shuffle on the underside of the sprue plate or the top of the mold blocks....thanks again, Bruce!:drinks:

felix
07-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Paraffin is added to beeswax to lower the melting point of the mix for commercial uses. Keep some beeswax around for comparative purposes, to audit a new batch of suspected beeswax that had been "alloyed". The typical alloys will melt at a lower temp. Grafting wax, for example, must melt at below 120F, and be soft at 80F. ... felix