PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this is bizarre. . .

Recluse
04-02-2010, 02:32 PM
:killingpc

I've tried doing a "search" on the following computers:

--Mac PowerBookG4

--Mac G3 laptop

--Mac G5 desktop

--My wife's PC (whatever the hell kind it is--don't know anything about PCs)

I've tried wireless, through the FIOS bundle, and even went down the street to a smoothie joint where they have free Wi-Fi and tried a search there.

Tried the search using Firefox and Safari and MS Internet Explorerr.

With all computers, all browsers and all internet providers, I cannot get the "search" function to work on any of them, at any time. :killingpc

I've tried the basic search, and the advanced search. No joy. All I end up with is a blank white screen with "Done" at the very bottom left-hand corner of the screen. :killingpc

Only thing I have not tried is searching while logged out.

Me and computers. . . :killingpc

:coffee:

wallenba
04-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Do they all use the same home page with search function? Their server may be down.

Recluse
04-02-2010, 02:40 PM

I tried a search for "Cast Boolits USA" and got a blank white screen.

I logged out and tried it and got a blank white screen.

While still logged out, I did a search for "winchester" and got the "you didn't answer the question correctly."

Had to type the answer in three different times, but finally got a results page to come up.

Logged in, did a search for "unique" and got results page to come up.

Did a search for "cast boolits" and got the white screen and "Done" again.

Did a search for "cast boolits USA" and got the white screen and "Done" again.

Did a search for "boolits" and got the white screen and "Done" again.

Think I'm going to stick to the mysticism of mixing lube and lubing boolits--long as I don't need to perform a search function for it. :)

:coffee:

thx997303
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Well there's your problem, you're using a computer!

10 ga
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Have one of your children, grand children or great grand children handle the electronic devices for you. Seems the computer can sense the stress you are transmitting and they are toying with you. Sorta like me talking to a known vegetarian. Sorta can't help myself to jack around with them. I guess it's the Indian coming out of me. Great entertainment for the computers and us but hard for you. They have done this sort of thing to me too, but it will eventually pass. 10 ga