PDA

View Full Version : best 303 mould for PP

herbert buckland
04-02-2010, 05:14 AM
what would be a good mould for PP the 303,I am new to this but it looks lick the way to go ,i will be reloading for various 303 so i am after a mould of about 215gr can i use difrent thikness paper for larger groove diameter ,I live in Australia and am very hapy with CBE moulds i use but i wont one for PP that will work ,any sugestions will be apreciated

pdawg_shooter
04-02-2010, 07:57 AM
The one you are using now will work fine. Run the bullet through a .304 push through die and patch away!

303Guy
04-02-2010, 03:44 PM
My 303's are all in different states of wear and require their own boolits. I made a sizer die that steps the boolit for bore-ride and gives them a slight taper. It's quite a mission to make the die just right and I have a 'back log' of promised molds otherwise I would offer to make you one. The push through die has the advantage of being quick and easy to use and is great if you can get the bore-ride section just right. I have one such combo for my Pig Gun.

For a bore-ride design, one could use a .300 lubrisizer die to size the nose and a push through to size the rear - maybe?

I have a trick for shaping the patches for ease of rolling on. Printer paper is great because it's quite porours and thick and can be compressed to quite a degree for perfect fit. Even without a sizer die. Plus it can compress slightly should the nose section be a tad too large. It does swell slightly after being sized. This is great for keeping the seated boolit tight in a 'just gripping' neck. (I can only speak of getting it into the gun and out of the muzzle - I have not field tested it yet).

P.S. Umm .... I'm really keen to hear how you progress!:drinks:

herbert buckland
04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
thank you for your advice,303 guy if you ever get time i would lick one of your mouls in the meantime it looks lick i will have to resize were would i be able to get a .304 sizing die

docone31
04-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I use the Lee C185 mold in .303.
I size it to .308, wrap with two wraps of computer printer paper, when dry size to .314.
No lube other than a little JPW, or Auto Wax to size.
My go to load.