PDA

View Full Version : Meepos Speedlube 2nd variation

Dutchman
04-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I've shown this lube sizer on the forum before but I just gave it a new permanent home.

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/meepos_speedlube.html

There was a 1st model Meepos just sold on fleabay for $120. I'm sure some of you saw it. It was missing the handle and looked pretty ratty.

The difference between the 1st and 2nd variations is on the first model the lube valve is activated simultaneously as it's linked off the handle toggles. This proved to be less than satisfactory as the synchronization never did get worked out and it leaked lube when it wasn't supposed to. So on the 2nd variation, which is what I have, there is a separate lube valve lever that is manually activated.

The 3rd variation looks different than the first 2. I've only seen one picture of the 3rd model. If you have one post here it, please.

While I can make die blanks I'm not set up for small hole boring and lapping. I'm pretty sure the nose punch is adaptable to Lyman nose punches but might be only down to a size where the nose punch can pass into the die body freely, otherwise nose punches have to be fabricated from scratch.

If you have a Meepos how abouts posting photos in this thread, huh?

Dutch

Bent Ramrod
04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Dutch,

That's a very nice job of restoration you did. Here's my Meepos Speedlube, and also the Meepos reloading press and dies. Sorry for the dark pictures; I do better at scrounging old stuff than I do as a digital photographer, for sure.

What ever became of that guy who said he was Meepos' kid? I was hoping to get a lot of lore from him about the Meepos Gunshop back in the old days when LA was a gun-friendly town.

.30/30 Guy
04-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Here is my Meepos. I have not got around to replacing the knobs on the handles yet. I just cleaned the crud off of it and started using it.

These things are real simple. Someone should start making them again.

Digger
05-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I have became another Meepos fan ..:razz:.. just picked it up yesterday and will have so many questions as I go . one of which , are these the original handles ?
and another is has any one of our member's with their machining talent made some dies now and then since I will be looking as the others here ?
Here's the link with pic's to the other forum I put it in ,,,,, my bad ..
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=115259
Really love using the old equipment with all the knowledge here with the Boolit people !
digger

dromia
05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm a proud Meepos owner thanks to JerryW.

Just waiting for Buckshot to finish making me some sizing dies and then I'm good to test her out. :D

Digger
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Good deal there dromia ! .... I want to hear how it works for you when the time arrives ...
It's great to see the response from a few members using the Meepos or at least in the process of rebuilding one.
I didn't even know they existed until a couple of days ago !
Besides , I have a soft spot for some of the older machines of ingenuity , maybe a little respect to .
If I can get mine to work .... hope to be able to use it with rifle boolits , nose first , but we will wait and see .
Got a question tho .... if you have not filled yours up yet , have you had the reservoir off and been able to look back into the chamber in the direction of the valve rod where it touches bottom ,,,,, just curious how the system works over all with the secondary valve handle/injection/rod ... in other words if there are any other parts at work other than the rod ?
oops ..... sorry , there I go again ...chatting away on Dutchman's thread ...:roll:
Any how , good to hear from you dromia and thanks
digger

uscra112
02-18-2013, 03:26 AM
Time to revive this thread. Begging the same question as Digger - how does that "valve" on the 2nd Model lube-sizer work? I'm reviving mine. Actually plan to use it, not just play with it. Also have a reloader press like what Bent Ramrod posted. Both are complete with dies for .38 Special, although they were obtained (gun show finds) at two widely separate times and places. Both will work (I think) once they're cleaned up. Interesting old stuff, worth enjoying. Can probably find ads for these in my old Rifleman collection if anybody's interested.

dromia
02-18-2013, 04:20 AM
I eventually got a 0.315" die made for me by Lathesmith, very fine work. Buckshot was stacked up with orders, the price of success Rick.

Anyway the lube hole position was the question so that is why I only ordered the one size, it has worked well with 314299 designs but I wanted to see how it worked with Loverins but to date I haven't cast any fat loverins to try in it yet. I've been tied up with a 7mm Boer Mauser and a 6mm Musgrave. retired three years ago and haven't had a minute since!:shock:

I did look inside the sizer when setting it up but cannot recall with any accuracy what I saw now, sorry.

I am very happy with mine and just need to confirm that the hole positions on the dies are fine, I am pretty sure they are but just want to check it, and then I will be ordering a multitude of size dies from Lathesmith. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/adamsutherland/Smilies%20FB/FB%20UK%20Smilies%202/sHa_shakeshout.gif

Digger
02-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes , Hello there gentlemen , Lathsmith sent me a .452 die/"bolt" and was using the machine there for a while .
Been concentrating on setting up for my Garand and using both a 311299 and a noe 311365 lately and when I get my loads down to where they should be , plan on getting Lathsmith to make me a .311 for these.
The lube hole location seems to be a best guess at best so thought this time around when it happens , will send a sample of both to Lathsmith and he can make a much better adjustment I am sure.
The machine is fun to use knowing some of the history behind it , thanks to the Dutchman.
digger

uscra112
02-21-2013, 02:30 AM
So, Dromia, what happens with that plunger on the side? Does it rise up when you put pressure on the reservoir? Then it feeds lube when you push the lever down? Or what?

I boiled all the gunk out of mine, shone it up a bit, and have it ready to refill, but I don't want to miss a trick.