PDA

View Full Version : Always off by 5

thx997303
03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't get it, every time I prep and prime brass for loading, I either have 5 less or 5 more peices of brass than I intended to load.

Just last night I loaded 45 rounds of 9mm because I had 45 pcs of primed brass.

I think someone's stealing my brass. [smilie=p:

theperfessor
03-31-2010, 06:12 PM
It's kind of like biscuits and gravy, always a little of one or the other left over, that's when you go back for seconds...

snake river marksman
03-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Hot dogs and hotdog buns work the same way.

Hickory
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
What happens when you button up your coat?
Do you end up with one extra button or one extra button hole? :kidding:

thx997303
03-31-2010, 06:29 PM
My coats generally zip up. :p

stubshaft
03-31-2010, 06:40 PM
It starts with the loob grooves and before you know it brass starts to go missing.:killingpc

montana_charlie
03-31-2010, 06:49 PM
What happens when you button up your coat?
Do you end up with one extra button or one extra button hole? :kidding:
I always come out even, when I button my lip.
If I don't button it, I always seem to have one foot left over.
CM

jcwit
03-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Its just like socks in the wash pile, there's always 1 that escapes, later found along road, run over.

snake river marksman
03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Zippers and buttons are too complicated for me. First my mom and now my wife take all my coats to the tailor and get Velcro installed.

thx997303
03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I'm still waiting on them new non disappearing loob grooves.

Hear that loob groove dealer?

DLCTEX
03-31-2010, 08:01 PM
It's either Gremlins or Leprechauns, they hit my place regularly. Set something down and it's gone in a moment. If I really raise a fuss, sometimes they bring it back, but put it in a different place than I left it.

waksupi
03-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I'm still waiting on them new non disappearing loob grooves.

Hear that loob groove dealer?

I'm sorry , but I do not sell loob grooves to those who are numerically challenged. You would most likely accuse me of short changing you on the count. [smilie=b:

AZ-Stew
03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
One of the reasons I shoot revolvers is that I always know where the brass is. I keep all my ammo in plastic ammo boxes going to and from the range. I clean it in batches and load it in 50-round lots.

Now with autopistols, there is a Murphy's law that says any box of 50 rounds taken to the range will yield 49 empty cases. The whereabouts of the 50th case is a mystery to the shooter, but it will be the first thing seen by the next person who visits the range.

I'm sure I have some of your brass as range pickups. Someone else on this board has some of mine. Keep your eyes open. You'll eventually find some of his.

Regards,

Stew

wallenba
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM
I've found them in my shirt pocket, range bag, and even in the cuff of my pants when I wore slacks instead of jeans. When you look for them, you always find them in the last place you look...so, look there first.:grin:

Linstrum
03-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey, DLCTEX, it ain't the Gremlins or Leprechauns at my place, it is the Heinzelmanken. I think they are one of the lost tribes of Leprechauns that got shipwrecked in Sweden and then hid in my grandparents' pockets when they came to the U.S. 120 years ago.

They do the same to me, I'll take 20 rounds of .30-06 to the range and when my Garand gets done throwing them all over the place and I pick them up, I'll have 25 when I go to reload them. I haven't had to buy any new brass for years because of that!

rl771

lylejb
04-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I hate it when primers come in 99 packs

Dale53
04-03-2010, 04:16 PM
The real problem is shooting auto pistols. Those cases go EVERYWHERE. I had it down to a science when I was shooting IPSC. There would be a certain percentage of lost cases every time I went out. I looked GOOD, too.

I have used case catchers, sheets on the ground, mowed the grass closely, etc. All of that minimized the loss but I pretty much kept a steady new supply of once fired brass coming in.

When I quit shooting competition, I realized how nice revolvers REALLY are. Gee, no chasing of brass. At my age (Certified Old Fart) I REALLY appreciate not having to pick up brass.

REVOLVERS FOREVER!!![smilie=w:

Dale53

mroliver77
04-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I just dont count them when I load them anymore. When shooting auto pistol if I get a 90% or more return on brass I am happy. Funny how we will look and look for them and nope there is always a couple missing. Then days later there it stands or lays, not hidden, not under anything. Some kind of dark magic involved. I am lucky as my kid loves to search for brass!
Jay

powderburnerr
04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
just make odd sized loading blocks , like 46 or 72 hole bullet boards 55 hole case blocks then you do not miss the odd ones....Dean