PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Gun Show

BD
03-28-2010, 09:33 PM
I went to the Eastman Gun Show in Savannah yesterday. It was kind of a let down, starting with the $3 to park and the $8 entrance fee. The entire show was in the basketball court with the bleachers closed back into the walls. Less than 1/2 the size of the Syracuse show. Very few military rifles, virtually no really old guns, not much reloading stuff, nothing I hadn't seen before. No deals. Mostly modern, current edition firearms and reloads for sale. Two tables had a few primers, WLPs for $36/thousand and CCI 41s for $41/thousand. I passed. Lots of glocks, cheap scopes and ARs, but no uppers and few parts. There was a table 20 feet long with new S&W plastic fantastic .40 S&Ws for $279. It took me about an hour to see the whole show, less time than the round trip drive over the river.
BD

Greg in Malad
03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Anymore it seems that half the tables are selling knives, books, and blankets. Everybody else has a table full of beat up M77's in 30-06 with tasco scopes for only $600.

JohnH
03-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Last gun show I went to one entered a lobby area, paid the entrance fee of 8 bucks and went around the corner to be greeted by, a fella selling jewelry. Across the isle from him was someone selling floor mats. Another table had tee shirts and the last set of tables, 4 of them mind you, had flashlights. That was two years ago. I don't go to gun shows anymore. Everyday that passes reminds me that it ain't the world I grew up in.

BD
03-29-2010, 07:50 AM
There are still some great ones. If you're ever close by the fall show in Syracuse NY it's well worth the price of admission. There used to be some real good ones in Maine as well. The Augusta armory show was always worth the trip.
BD

EMC45
03-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Haven't been to a gunshow in years. Thank God!