PDA

View Full Version : Daddy got his REAL Mould

P.K.
03-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey all, just picked up what was needed for that 250 grn. Lee REAL mould. I was going to wait untill this weekend to start on them but like a kid on Christmas day I couldn't wait....[smilie=w:[smilie=w:

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs465.snc3/25528_10150150194345214_597945213_11741860_4599210 _n.jpg

Greg in Malad
03-24-2010, 07:10 PM
I feel your excitement, the UPS driver usually arrives 45 minutes before I leave for work. I have made many mad dashes to the shop with a new mold, just to cast a few before work. You should like the REAL mold, mine casts great and shoots good too.

TCLouis
03-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Don't know about how much lead you pot holds, but be careful once all get good and hot. I had sagging in the grill of my Coleman stove just like that. I welded up a sub assembly out of 1/2" round just to hold the pot.

Cast a gazillion boolits with that rig.

My back and legs are way too old to cast flat on the floor like that!

Huntsman
03-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Don't know about how much lead you pot holds, but be careful once all get good and hot. I had sagging in the grill of my Coleman stove just like that. I welded up a sub assembly out of 1/2" round just to hold the pot.

I have the exact same set-up too, nice rig. I mount my coleman on a Black & Decker Workmate though.

P.K.
03-25-2010, 07:47 AM
I have the exact same set-up too, nice rig. I mount my coleman on a Black & Decker Workmate though.

LOL! I would have, if it didn't have the stool I'm making my youngest on.:mrgreen:

P.K.
03-25-2010, 07:54 AM
I feel your excitement, the UPS driver usually arrives 45 minutes before I leave for work. I have made many mad dashes to the shop with a new mold, just to cast a few before work. You should like the REAL mold, mine casts great and shoots good too.

Thanks, right out of the box, the only prep was what was recommended in the instructions. I cast about 50 or so and only had a small handfull go back in the bath. One thing that never ceases to amaze though, the feeling of fufillment you get when casting or reloading.

It's just a 10lb RCBS, the grill is pretty robust, but I'll keep an eye on it.

oldhickory
03-25-2010, 10:08 AM
A coleman stove is what I started casting with about 35yrs ago, they work well.

P.K.
03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
A coleman stove is what I started casting with about 35yrs ago, they work well.

That was my only option with what the TVA is holding us hostage for every month. The last thing I needed to do was start runing up the KWH's with an electric pot. Besides it's the whole "FIRE" thing too.:redneck: