PDA

View Full Version : Yes

cumminsnut76
03-23-2010, 05:37 PM
First one to post!!! yeah but seriously lets see some info here

Red River Rick
03-23-2010, 05:50 PM
..............yeah but seriously lets see some info here

Now take it away "SMOKELESS" Shooters......................

:drinks:

RRR

303Guy
03-24-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm not so sure about the separation. I want to know what the BP folks are doing. I don't see what's not relevent about how they load and shoot. Muzzle loaders don't apply maybe but if it's paper patched ..... ?:roll:

pdawg_shooter
03-24-2010, 08:01 AM
IMHO, paper patching is an art that includes any type of powder. I see no reason to split the forum. I dont do black but I am sure there are things they can teach me.

powderburnerr
03-24-2010, 09:48 AM
you are both correct ,but there are a lot of differencees in filling the void in a military rifle throat with a sales recipt and trying to get the most accuracy possible from a period correct black powder rifle using the methods and trying to replicate the ways that were common in the past.

Neither way is wrong and both ways are effective , challengeing and satisfying when they come together.
but they are different

and it is only to help stop confusion between the two for a new fellow to the game , so he can recieve a non conflicting answer.

This in no way demeans what you do , and the experiments you do with your various supplies are very informative ,, they are just different,
on a personal note,
I still will read both venues but it will be easier for me to know when I can help now they are separated.

Spector
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks for splitting smokless and BP. It will make it much easier to stay focused on PP techniques that work best with your powder choice. For those who are interested in both then is if very easy to visit both........Mike

303Guy
03-25-2010, 06:04 AM
OK. I'm sure it was well thought through but the split is far from complete - most of the thread over on BP Paper Patching are smokeless threads. Well, some are and others are generic. Anyway, I prefered them together. Oh well.:(

45nut
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Anyone that can help us run through and ID the threads that need to be moved,, please contact me.