PDA

View Full Version : I am an addict help me

Beekeeper
03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I was told I had to come here and declare myself and ask for help!
I can't help myself, every time I see some lead ,a die , a mold or an old gun I must have it.
I have spent all of my disccreationary income on my addiction and have been looking at the household money out of the corner of my eye.
Even my Granddaughter has posted a watch on her piggy bank.will not even let me near it. Says she is saving up to buy a boy friend.
She's only 12 so.... maybe when she's asleep a little. I'll be able to pay her back before she's 16 won't I.

This morning I was supposed to mow the lawn and clean the Garage. SWMBO found me in the Garage fondling one of my guns and looking fondly at the molds all stacked up.

hELP ME i NEED AN INTERVENTION.

Jim

ph4570
03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
There is no hope for you. The best I can offer is the fact that you are not alone.

wiljen
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
The only known cure is to rid yourself of all those evil molds and any lead object that may be in the vicinity. Since my case is un-curable, I will fall on the sword and take them to keep you healthy. ;)

As for the 12 year old, tell her to save for something better than a BF, my 11 year old has been told she can date after I'm dead.

SharpsShooter
03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
I feel your pain brother..I feel it

SS

waksupi
03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Don't worry, you will be Okay.

signed,

An Enabler

rockrat
03-23-2010, 03:41 PM
You are coming to the wrong place for absolution (sp?). I think we are all in the same boat. Ain't it great!!!

bruce drake
03-23-2010, 04:10 PM
There is a 12 step process to this...

First step is admitting it.
Second step is firing up the pot and molding more boolits.
Third Step is buying a gun you don't have dies or molds for.
Fourth Step is buying a set of dies and a mold for said new gun.
Fifth Step is buying a mold for a gun you don't have...yet.
Sixth Step is buying said gun to match the mold.
Seventh Step is buying a die set for said newly purchased gun.
Eighth Step is Lee-menting said new mold to custom match your barrel's interior dimensions.
Ninth Step is ordering two custom 6-cavity molds for said new guns.
Tenth Step is realizing that Paper-Patching is a better way to go despite what everyone else says.
Eleventh Step is realizing that your gunsafes are full and you don't have a place to hide any more new guns from significant other.
Twelfth Step is coming out to the world that you are addicted and that they should allow you to go on Larry King Live, Oprah, Dr. Phil and Maury Povich to discuss your evil addiction (only for large sums of cash though).

Thirteenth Step (CLASSIFIED) Use said appearance money from the liberal tree huggers to purchase more guns the moment you leave their studio...

Lead Fred
03-23-2010, 04:12 PM
So yer sitting here in the Bar telling us you dont want a drink[smilie=b:

Some one pass the Alox, make mine a double

Doc_Stihl
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm not addicted, I can stop whenever I want......I JUST DON'T WANT TO!

I make sure to point out to the wife that I don't own a boat, a classic car, or race anything.
It could be worse.

HORNET
03-23-2010, 04:29 PM
1. If you think that you've got until the granddaughter is 16, you're delusional... :shock:
2. You CAN live on Ramen Noodles after blowing the budget on a group buy mold :oops:
3. Help is available, we do have a certified psychotherapist as a member. However, he says he will negotiate payment in wheelweights so the effectiveness of such therapy may be questionable...:kidding:

jlchucker
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
You're asking US for help? We've all got the same addiction, in varying degrees of depth. Your request for help from us is like staggering into a bar where we are all sitting half-stiff on our stools. I like Bruce Drake's 12 step process though. Seems to me like it's worth trying.

lead4me
03-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Oh Lord..I thought I was the only one, I've been looking at molds that I don't have guns for because I liked the look of the boolit and wanted to cast them..and I've only been at it for 60 days....ya mean it gets worse??

rockrat
03-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Oh, it get FAR worse. Wait till you get in on the group buy moulds and start dropping 5 or 6 at a time, instead of one or two. There is NO going back. Abandon all hope ye who enter here ;)

stubshaft
03-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh, it get FAR worse. Wait till you get in on the group buy moulds and start dropping 5 or 6 at a time, instead of one or two. There is NO going back. Abandon all hope ye who enter here ;)

You think that's bad?

Wait until you buy molds and cast for guns you don't even have yet!:groner:

montana_charlie
03-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Wait until you buy molds and cast for guns you don't even have yet!
Wait till he starts having moulds custom made...in calibers that nobody makes guns for.
CM

theperfessor
03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, and if you're really hopeless you take over the garage and buy $20k worth of machine tools to make your own molds because you want to save money and not spend $150 for a custom one...

lathesmith
03-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Yep, spending thousands to save hundreds...it's the American Way!

lathesmith

Doc_Stihl
03-23-2010, 07:49 PM
I started casting after seeing the Lee .458 - 500 RNFP GC in a magazine. I had never even shot lead from a rifle. After seeing everything else I finally ordered the lee mold, and 3 others to make it worth it, a month later I ordered 6 more molds, after that, I don't even remember. I'm glad UPS comes at lunch so I can unpack the order and put it away before the wife comes home.....

Now if I can just get my hands on a few more molds I'd be all set.....(rinse and repeat)

Buckshot
03-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Yeah, and if you're really hopeless you take over the garage and buy $20k worth of machine tools to make your own molds because you want to save money and not spend $150 for a custom one...

...........You bet! :-) $8500 for a lathe and $11,000 for a milling machine and maybe $6000 over some time for tooling, but by God if you need a nose punch you know where to go for it :lovebooli

...............Buckshot

stubshaft
03-24-2010, 03:24 AM
...........You bet! :-) $8500 for a lathe and $11,000 for a milling machine and maybe $6000 over some time for tooling, but by God if you need a nose punch you know where to go for it :lovebooli

...............Buckshot

Yeah that's the ticket!

Don't forget custom sizing dies!:holysheep

HORNET
03-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Buckshot said:
by God if you need a nose punch you know where to go for it
True, and on here you can even find expert advice on how to make one : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=48453

looseprojectile
03-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Perfessor;
You mean I can make my own guns? I have about $20,000 invested in guns, you have the same in machine tools. Just a different hoard. You probably have a couple of guns also? I have been getting by with a lathe and drill press and bench grinder. Always wanted a mill.
The old saying 'buy it cheap stack it deep' has me finding boolit and tool containers at the bottom of stacks of ten or twelve high. When I 'pass on' someone will have a mell of a hess to dispose of. I just hope they get fair prices for my treasures, sniff.
I have decided it would be too much work to clean the mess up.
If I had a dollar for each ten to fifty dollar item in the shop I would be rich. I will need it all till the day I croak. No problem. What good is money if you can't get more toys with it?
Buckshot is my IDOL!!!!

Life is good

Wayne Smith
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I've changed my mind. I'll now do therapy for group buy molds!

Beerd
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
youse guys are all nuts.
me however..........., ;-)

steg
03-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah it's an addiction allright, one things for sure you know exactly what to do with your spare time, I'm still not sure wether I like making em more or sending them down the range, That part I only do when developing a load, I enjoy plinking more, I haven't seen a beer can win over a 500 gr spire point!

Ed Barrett
03-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Give me tips on talking my wife into letting me buy another gunsafe. (to go with the two I have now)

clodhopper
03-25-2010, 11:44 PM
I went to the range today as the wind was blowing 15-25 mph, no didn't do much shooting.
No one else was there.
Boy those lead nuggets were laying right on top the ground after the dirt got blowed away.