PDA

View Full Version : Posting Favorite Loads

versifier
07-05-2006, 08:33 PM
For those unaware, there is an excellent resource accessible through the Gunloads Home Page for the posting of all your favorite loads with any cartridge and projectile. :roll:

The more of us that take the time to go through our loading notes and post our favorite loads, the better that data base becomes. When we do, it will be the best such data base anywhere. It would save us all a lot of search time when contemplating trying out a new cartridge or boolit weight. It is all well and good to bemoan the lack of a good source of cast load data, but we already have one, and it gets better every time someone makes a new post there. So do your part. The amount of knowledge and experience of the members of this board is a precious resource that will be much more useful in a coherant format. Where will we be if "the old lady with the recipe dies"?

Ask not what reloading can do for you, but what you can do for reloading! [smilie=1: Click on "General" at the top of the page and follow the link.

Edward429451
07-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I agree. I'll post a few of my favs in the next day or two.

Question: One of my really good 44 mag loads is significantly over book max. Yet shows no high pressure signs in my RH or SBH, gravity ejection even. Should I restrain myself from posting it or just put a bold disclaimer for that one?

454PB
07-05-2006, 11:13 PM
I agree. I'll post a few of my favs in the next day or two.

Question: One of my really good 44 mag loads is significantly over book max. Yet shows no high pressure signs in my RH or SBH, gravity ejection even. Should I restrain myself from posting it or just put a bold disclaimer for that one?

Just post it here and we'll critique it for ya:kidding:

versifier
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Edward,
I would post it with a clear disclaimer. There are lots of cartridges loaded to different levels depending on the strength of a particular action. In a Ruger #1, you can load a .45-70 up into .458mag range, but if you tried it in a Trapdoor Springfield the shrapnel would take out shooter & bystanders. The loading manuals are clear on the issue. I don't know about you, but I double (or triple) check every load I get off of the net - anyone can make a typo and not catch it right away, and there are some really sick people out there, and some really stupid ones, too. I don't worry about either of the last two catagories here, and most cast loads don't push the pressure envelope anyway, but even an honest man can hit the wrong key, so I look before I meter.