PDA

View Full Version : I LUV the smell of Alox in the morning...

DMCasts
03-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Gawd II } Luv that smell

Buckshot
03-18-2010, 11:33 PM
..............Yeah, me too. Plus the 'Just Fired' smell of Javalina drifting on the breeze or that of Hoppe's #9 later at home!

..............Buckshot

Fixxah
03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Fine looking setup.:smile:

DMCasts
03-19-2010, 06:53 PM

lee

Salmon-boy
03-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Smells like.... Practice!

Rooster
03-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Duval/ That smell.....that gasoline smell... /Duval

I hate it, yet I love it!! Sometimes it looks like a CW re-enactment scene from Gettyburg if I do too many double taps. But I'm using the Lyman stick stuff and between it and the Unique its pretty thick between me and the target. Any suggestions for a homebrewed recipe in the lube area that is low smoke? Heck, if you could get it to smell like a grilling ribeye ,that would be the cat's meow! [smilie=w:

eka
03-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah, the smells are great. I love to get to the range really early in the morning in the summer. There is no wind and I have it all to myself. The smell of burnt powder hangs thick in the air. An awesome way to relax for sure.

wildwillalaska
03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Classic Coors, Alox and Sweets in the Morning.

ihmsakiwi
03-24-2010, 12:45 AM
..............Yeah, me too. Plus the 'Just Fired' smell of Javalina drifting on the breeze or that of Hoppe's #9 later at home!

..............Buckshot

Aaahhh,

Had a girlfriend way back when that would clean my rifles when I came back from a hunting trip.................she was always absolutely more irresisable after that chore!! Never could her to dab a bit behind her ear though!!

nelsonted1
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Aaahhh,

Had a girlfriend way back when that would clean my rifles when I came back from a hunting trip.................she was always absolutely more irresisable after that chore!! Never could her to dab a bit behind her ear though!!

I tried and tried to convince my Kentucky girlfriend that the MN women clean pheasants dropped off at dinner time while the men go out for more in the afternoon. Same with fishing- men come back hot and sweaty then kick back letting the women clean the fish. She wouldn't accept the gospel truth according to me.

She retaliated with trying to convince me Hoppes behind the ear was a Kentucky woman's secret weapon perfume. The problem was I believed her!