PDA

View Full Version : A good day so far.

thx997303
03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I was looking through my shed and found a big box of brass that I have picked up at the range before I started reloading it.

While picking through it, I found 20 pcs of boxer primed brass 7.62x39 and 16 pcs of 7.62x54.

This is a good thing. :mrgreen:

Side note, are winchester 12 ga hulls with low brass marked universal 7 1/2 good for reloading?

Thumbcocker
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Cleaning in the loading room is kinda like Christmas. You never know what you will find squirrelled back. ;)

runfiverun
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
they are usually good for one more time.
i put a dab of nail polish on the crimp.

257 Shooter
03-19-2010, 09:41 AM
If the ends of the shotgun shells are not split they have at least one more loading.

Cadillo
03-19-2010, 12:47 PM
I was looking through my shed and found a big box of brass that I have picked up at the range before I started reloading it.

While picking through it, I found 20 pcs of boxer primed brass 7.62x39 and 16 pcs of 7.62x54.

This is a good thing. :mrgreen:

Side note, are winchester 12 ga hulls with low brass marked universal 7 1/2 good for reloading?

In general it is wise to only reload shotgun hulls that are compression formed, or having no separate base wad. I'm sure somone will chime in and say that they have done it sucessfully with this or that hull that is not compression formed. I am glad that they were both safe and successful.

Regardless of what you decide to do, consult a manual and be certain that the recipe/load you choose designates the exact hull, wad, powder and shot weight that you intend to use. Good hulls are cheap. Eyes, hands, and shotguns are not.

thx997303
03-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Well, I have a whole different set of things to learn when it comes to shotgun reloading.

Anywho, went to the scrapyard today. They wanted 65 cents a pound for wheelweights. Not prepared to pay that yet.

Butm sitting their amidst their pile of lead, was a full spool of lead free solder! Well I snipped off what I estimated to be ten pounds, and went to buy it.

They didn't even know what it was! I told em it was lead and got the ten pounds for $6.50

Maybe not the best deal in the world, but it made me smile!