PDA

View Full Version : I Am Constantly Amazed

No_1
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Fellow Casters,

I was reading through the post and thinking to myself what a great place this is. The knowledge accumulated here surpasses any manuscript ever written. While thinking this I realized that casting is not the only thing being taught / learned.

I have been told that long ago before my time the small town atmosphere had a "feeling" which was shared by everyone. They helped each other by purchasing the items they needed from those in their community much like we do from our vendors such as Bullshop, Blammer, Pat Marlin, Lathesmith, Buckshot and Lar to name a few. These vendors are our small town shops.

When someone needed help rebuilding the barn that burned down, the whole town showed up on a Saturday with tools / materials in hand and it got done. The participants did not expect a thing in return and the owner promised to return the favor one day in the same manner we pulled together when Lloyd's shop burned down or when Grey Wolfs truck broke down.

This place has all the above and much much more. We teach and learn a feeling of togetherness, caring, sharing, brotherhood, honor and pride. I am proud to be a member of our community and your friend. As said before, I may not agree with you but I respect you as my nieghbor and will be standing next to you in the corner with OUR backs to the wall when you need me.

Robert

44fanatic
03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
I have found several things amongst people who enjoy guns and hunting...
1) We agree to disagree...and get over it...most of the time
2) Some sort of shooters and hunters cant stand the style or equipment that another uses and will take it to dang near a knock down drag out fight.
3) We all for the most part can be trusted
4) We are loyal to our friends
5) OUR community will always come together and help those that really need it.

Proud hunter/novice reloader/novice caster...

warf73
03-17-2010, 03:26 AM
This is a great community.

Bret4207
03-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Yup, good buncha guys,. Now, lets stop patting ourselves on the back and help get Gray Wolf and Julie a truck!!!

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=78259

45-70 Chevroner
03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
This is truly "the" place to get together to discuss worldly things casting loading and even personal wos. I am waiting for my "gun rags" to laps then drop them, because I can get more of the info I
want need right here in 15 minuets than I can get from a full years subscription from any gun rag. This is not to include the FS or the NRA., which I will continue to get.

Shiloh
03-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Not a good forum for mal-contents. They go other places, which is fine with me. There are too many fine people on this forum to list. Hope to meet some one of these days.

SHiloh