PDA

View Full Version : Cheek Pad

Bigscot
03-11-2010, 11:32 PM
After a range trip last week I am thinking that I might benefit from a cheek pad on my M70.
Does anyone have any experience with one of these or recommend one. The rifle is used for deer hunting mostly.

Thanks,

Bigscot

crabo
03-12-2010, 12:41 AM
I use the Cabella's lace on models on my lever guns. To find out if one will help, get some moleskin from the drug store and try it out.

Bigscot
03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Crabo,

Thanks for the info. I did see the Cabela's pad and some others. Just curious what worked best and any tips on installation or use.

Thanks,

Bigscot

danski26
03-12-2010, 10:34 AM
A good cheek weld is important to shooting both iron sights and scopes. for rifles without adjustable cheek pads i use the stick on kind. I think "kickezze" is the brand. They sometimes come loose from there supplied adhesive. I just glue them down with the appropriate glue if they do. I believe you will shoot better in all posistions with a consistant cheek weld and the pad will help you with that consistancy.

Doc Highwall
03-12-2010, 11:05 AM
What you have to look out for is do you have to just raise the cheek piece or do you have to also bring it out also? Some of the lace on pads like the one designed for the M1 Garand not only raised your head but also moved it to the left because of the off set scope on the M1 Garand. You could try building up the stock with pieces of card board and tape to give you an idea as to how high you need it built up before purchasing one. Does your rifle have a scope on it and is it mounted as low as you can get it.

Bigscot
03-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Doc,

The rife does have a scope and I can't get it much lower.

I have been looking this one and some of the other on this site.
http://www.botachtactical.com/blac90heigad.htm

Bigscot

Doc Highwall
03-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I was just looking in the Cabela's catalog at item # XL-22-0711 that adds height more then width and I have this for my Encore shot gun.