PDA

View Full Version : Freeland color

jcw1970
03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know what shade of green was used on Al Freeland products? I got a bench spotting scope tripod that someone painted baby blue. I think it might be a powder coat cause the blue paint came right off. Whoever did it stripped it down to the bare metal with a few spots still having the green on it.

scrapcan
03-11-2010, 07:01 PM
contact champions shooters supply and see if they will help you get ahold of freeland and ask the source.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/home.php?cat=283

jcw1970
03-11-2010, 07:07 PM
they are here in columbus. freeland went under in the 90's and they bought the rights to a few items.

Hip's Ax
03-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Champion Shooters is Freeland. They bought out Al Freeland long ago. Freeland products are all brown now.

I have a rather old but new in box bi pod and I also have a used but newer one. There were at least two shades of green that I am aware of.

Let me go dig and see if I can take a photo. Fingers crossed, a photographer I am not. :roll:

Hip's Ax
03-11-2010, 07:22 PM
OK, no reason to take a picture. The old one I thought was green is gray. The new one in the box could have come in three colors according to the label. Gray, Forest Green and Black. Mine is Forest Green and its pretty much Christmas tree green. I'm sure I've seen other Freeland products that were lighter shade of green but I don;t have an example here to look at. Hope this helps.

jcw1970
03-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks. Looks like I'll be going with Forest Green. Any idea if it's a powder coat ?

Hip's Ax
03-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I doubt it. This bipod is decades old. I wouldn't think powder coating had been invented or at least wasn't prevalent when this was made.