PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY visited Freedom Arms today

snake river marksman
03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I've lived 6 miles up the road from them for 5 years now and I finally stopped and went into the lobby. Having spent most of the afternoon at a funeral, I needed an attitude adjustment. They're very nice people and more than willing to haul out any of their handgun models that you'd like to see. They don't even mind handing you a wet nap to wipe up the drool!
They also have a propietary cartridge called the 224-32 based on a necked down 327 federal magnum. Kuuuuuute little boogers
I'll let you in on a secret. They're planning to anounce a rifle version of their single shot at next years SHOT SHOW.

http://www.freedomarms.com/

http://www.freedomarms.com/ssret.pdf

I told them I'd sweep floors and answer phones to pay off a revolver and a single shot but they said there were already ten guys in there doing that now.

GLL
03-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I really look forward to seeing the single shot rifle version in .357Maximum ! :)

Jerry

John in WYO
03-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Larry,
I can't believe you waited so long. Getting tired of varmint rifles and getting into FA's?
I'm finally starting to hang out here, too. But I haven't given up my varmint rifles.
I toured FA in 1997. Great folks then, too.
My latest acqusition is a John Linebaugh conversion of a Bisley into a .500.
When you coming to Cheyenne? (I got transferred from Wheatland two years ago)
John

snake river marksman
03-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Lynne and I were planning on a trip over there last year for a postal forum but we decided against going because the benefit of the courses wasn't worth the cost of the trip. We'd both like to go over for frontier days but work keeps getting in the way. No, I'm not giving up on varmint rifle. I just really wanted to get some of my pistols skills back.
I'd like to try and make it over around mid June for some prairie dogs. FA will have to wait till business really picks up. Everytime I see them at the shot show or like yesterday when I walked in there, I keep asking them to build a mountain rifle. If they ever do, my credit card may be in for a VERY big hit.

Rocky Raab
03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
No question about it; fondling can get expensive - and I don't just mean for politicians.

I walked into the Lipsey's booth at SHOT, and ordered this little beauty on the spot. Got it last week, and am chomping at the bit for a range to open. ALL my 44 Special brass is loaded up!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/RockyRaab/IMG_1483.jpg

snake river marksman
03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Hey Rocky,
I'm going to be in SLC on the 17th of April for the Crossroads of the West gun show. Is there any chance you'll be there as well? I'd still like to buy you a cup of coffee and get you to sign my books.

Rocky Raab
03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
My friend, I'd be delighted to meet you, pen in hand.

Breakfast at Johanna's or the Copper Mine perhaps? Or just at your booth if that isn't feasible.

snake river marksman
03-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm not displaying just going to look. Lynne has a friend who is running a half marathon in SLC on the 17th. I had resisted going until I found out about the show. I haven't been to a decent gunshow since I moved here to Wyoming. I'll defer to your judgment as far as a place for breakfast. I haven't been paying attention to the wifes plans for her and her friends, so I'll have to check it all out before we finalize.

Thanks!
Larry

Rocky Raab
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Great! Johanna's is a half-block south of the Expo Center and would be a great place to meet.

There's a group of Utah guys calling ourselves GunnUTz who meet for a meal and sometimes for a gun show. One or more of us may attend as well. You'd enjoy meeting them.

runfiverun
03-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Johanna's used to have pretty decent coffee back in the 80's.
wonder if it's still as good.

jr545
03-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Food and coffee are still top notch last I visited.

snake river marksman
03-11-2010, 11:04 AM
runfiverun,
The only way for you to find out is to join us.