PDA

View Full Version : New source for mold boxes

Charlie Sometimes
03-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Went by the local STAPLES store yesterday looking for a deal on ink cartridges.

While rumaging through their isles, I happened to stumble onto a bin full of small plastic boxes- $1.00 each!!!!! Various sizes and made in USA by www.reallyusefulbox.com (http://www.reallyusefulbox.com). It's a European company according to the web site, but as long as it is made here, I'm okay with it. USA is written all over the bottom of the box.

The ones I got are the 0.14 Litre Clear, and are perfectly sized for Lyman single or double cavity molds. Not sure if they are air tight (no seal), but the lids latch on good, and they stack very well.

I printed mold data on clear labels, and trimmed them to fit on the end of the box. There is room on the side or the top for more info, too. They look good, and minimize storage space and access issues.

I tried fitting a TC 54 Maxi-Ball mold into one, but the sprue plate extension is just a hair too long to fit easily. Cut off an 1/8 inch and you'd be good to go. That should give you a good visual size comparison of the longer dimension on this box.

I'm going back tomorrow for a few more!

mooman76
03-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I'll have to check it out. Was just thinking todai I need a few.

Buckshot
03-08-2010, 03:43 AM
..............Beats buying the RCBS and Lyman boxes. They're getting $3-$4 each + shipping.

................Buckshot

04-07-2010, 12:53 AM
yay another reason to go to staples.