PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad weekend...

imashooter2
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm woefully behind on my casting this winter. I just never seemed to get out to the shed. But Saturday was a nice day and I sprung free a couple hours in the early evening and put up 38 pounds of 228 grain .45's. My Lee 20 was acting funky... Wasn't heating like it should and I had to slow my pace and even stop a couple times to let the pot catch up.

This morning I took the thermostat out, cleaned the contacts and reset the gap on the bi-metal. That did the trick! It runs like a brand new pot. I ran off another 44 pounds casting at great pace and adding back sprues and ingots as I went. It stayed between 700 and 750 the whole time.

Anyway, it's good to have some boolits on the shelf. Another weekend like this and I'll be good for the summer on .45's. Then on to the .38's!8-)

Shiloh
03-07-2010, 08:20 PM
What did you gap it at??

My pot was doing the same thing. Wintered in the garage, sometimes -20 degrees. Last couple of weeks was the first time I fired it up. Think I'll do like you did. Let me know what it is supposed to be gapped at would you??

Thanks,

Shiloh

imashooter2
03-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I set the gap at .020 with the knob turned to low limit. Clean the contacts first.