PDA

View Full Version : Spring Gunshows in Maine

Pepe Ray
03-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Sorry that I didn't get enough advance notice to include in this post the GREAT show put on by the Ancient Ones at the Augusta Armory last week. It was the greatest!!!

Coming up we have
March 13-14-----Presque Isle ,the Northeastland Hotel
March 20-21-----Sanford Armory

April 10-11-----Newport , The Millenium Center (Near the Trading Post)
April 24-25-----Biddeford, at the Roller Rink on the Alfred Rd.

I'll be wearing my cap with Pepe Ray on it.

Wayne Smith
03-07-2010, 09:09 AM
WOW! Newport has a "Millenium Center"! I remember when Bud's Red and White and the 5&10 cent store dominated Main Street. Or maybe those were the only ones I was interested in at that age!

Pepe Ray
03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Yep!
Like many small towns in Maine, Newport has grown some. It even has a McDonalds and a Walmart.
FYI' altho most won't care, the Center is actually in Palmyra. The north/south common town line runs right through the interstate exchanges and a very busy section. Few know of Palmyra so Newport's the target to find the gunshow.

Maybe I'll see you there?
Pepe Ray

Wayne Smith
03-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I actually lived in Palmyra until I was 12. We were right on Rts 100/11, then the major North/South route through the state. Dad was a farmer, I learned to count making change selling Sweet Corn and Rhubarb alongside the road. We were in about the middle of one of the longest straight sections. I remember when the fertilizer plant was built. Fortunately we were downwind! I think we were about four miles from Newport.

Pepe Ray
03-28-2010, 12:02 PM
I just received notice that the Gunshow in Newport has changed location. This month it will be held in a different community building at 81 North St.
I just looked it up on Google Earth and found that it is easily found from the same interstate exit.
The notice said that all tables had been sold out so it should be a good show on
April 10 & 11.
See you there?
Pepe Ray