PDA

View Full Version : Most unusual ingots here

Ed Barrett
03-06-2010, 02:01 PM
My wife likes to go to yard sales, it's her therapy for living with me. I have a standing order with her to buy any cast iron corn bread molds she runs across. Most of them are the ear of corn ones. She came home today and said she found a couple of molds. I've included a a picture. My next WW smelting seccesion I'll make some up some fancy ingots.

Ed Barrett
03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry didn't get it in the first one.

Wayne Smith
03-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I've got one that's fruit and star. I like your's better.

DLCTEX
03-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Ingots with a twist!

no34570
03-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Pretty neat mate!
Just think you can melt your lead of different compositions, into any of the designs,I like it.

Le Loup Solitaire
03-07-2010, 01:16 AM
The ingot mold pictured appears to be ome of many designs manufactured by a firm titled John Wright. E-Bay also runs an auction by that name that sells those. A lot of them double as candy or chocolate molds for holiday baking etc. When/if you come across "ears of corn" cast iron molds, it might prove worthwhile to pay attention to the back side of them. If they are marked Taiwan or Made in USA, they are nothing special and just make good ingots. If however they are marked Griswold or Wagner then they are probably worth some money and in some instances might turn out to be a rare variation and worth a lot more. Those particular brands have become highly collectible and sought after. E-Bay also runs auctions under both those names and you can punch them up and see what the going prices are for some of them. You might find a diamond in the rough. LLS