PDA

View Full Version : Butch the rooster

Four Fingers of Death
06-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Butch The Rooster.

John was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers called pullets and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to fertilize the eggs. John kept records and any rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was replaced. That took an awful lot of John's time so John got a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters.

Each bell had a different tone so John could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells.

John's favorite rooster was old Butch, a very fine specimen he was, too. But, on this particular morning John noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! John went to investigate.

The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover. BUT, to John's amazement, Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.

John was so proud of Butch, he entered him in the county fair... and Butch became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result..

The judges not only awarded Butch the "No Bell Piece Prize" but they
also awarded him the "Pullet surprise" as well.

Clearly Butch was a Politician. Who else could figure out how to win two of the most politically biased awards on our planet by being the
best at sneaking up on the populace and screwing them.

NVcurmudgeon
06-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Mick, that's the best rooster joke I've seen in a while. Also, the "No Bell Piece Prize" seems to have more merit than many of the recent Nobel Peace Prizes!

Baldy
06-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Good show Mick I am laughing so hard I can't write anymore.

David R
06-26-2006, 10:41 PM
You are a good contributor to this forum :)

David

Bigjohn
06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Mick; It's good to see someone expressing their sense of humour here. I am still smiling about this one, thanks mate,

John.

P.S. how is that BPCR of yours going??

Four Fingers of Death
06-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Mick; It's good to see someone expressing their sense of humour here. I am still smiling about this one, thanks mate,

John.

P.S. how is that BPCR of yours going??

It's back at Bathurst while I'm off at Muswellbrook with work. Oiled it up the other weekend. I can't wait to get my work scene together so that I can start wearing it out. Mick