PDA

View Full Version : Big,flat,fat 444/44 Buy Starts Now

357maximum
06-24-2006, 11:08 PM
This is the boolit:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1704&d=1151115633

It is the boolit on top..

It is intended primarily for the 444 MARLIN, 44 magnum. 45.21 has designed this boolit, and is currently tweaking the dimensions and is the brains of the design, as well as the technical advisor for this operation. I or he will post the dimensions when complete, and I am sure he has somethings to add to my description of firearms this boolit will be suitable for. He is the man, I am just the collector of funds, and distributor of molds because I want one of em..

It is a .434 diameter boolit, weighing about 290 grains, and about .800 in length. It is sure to be a gamestopper supreme. The three crimp grooves will make it a truly versatile boolit..This is a gas check design............

This will be a custom Lee 6 cavity mold.

The buy will run from now until Sept 1 , 2006 . If we do not make 25 molds by that date (possible I suppose, lot of 44 buys have been done) I will post a poll to decide whether to wait, or each mold buyer pay extra to cover setup fees.

Cost will be per mold: 60.00 which includes:

Mold= 50.00
Shipping= 8.00
2.00 To buy a mold for 45.21
He put alot of work into the design and fitting of this boolit and it is still an ongoing process. I believe he deserves at least a free mold, for his efforts. If there is extra money from the shipping costs I will donate them to the board, If we come up a few bucks short I will cover it, as I said I need/want this and am willing to do what it takes to GITRDONE.

Molds will be shipped click and ship via USPS with delivery conformation..

And I will ship to those who do not live in the U.S, but will require a couple bucks extra on shipping, as far as the legalities, and customs crap on your end I will simply write aluminum tool on package, the rest is up to you and your guvment.

Please send Money order or personal check to:
(Absolutely no PayPal)

Address removed per request

In envelope please include Full name, address, email address, and handle here, In case I need to contact you personally.

Please do not send cash, but if you must: do so discreetly, I am honest, but the system may not be.. I will not be held responsible for the actions of our postal system.

All checks will be posted on this thread as I recieve them..I will try to keep everyone up to date as best I can, and will answer messages as well as I can, as soon as I can. I have a job and some nights I do not get a chance to visit here. I will do my best just as I did on the last buy I honcho'ed.

Michael

Johnch
06-25-2006, 12:23 AM
I like both bullets shown .

The top one will be a fine addition to my mold selection .

I will send a check out in the next few days .

Lets see , Sept 1 +120 days .
*%*^(^) , no chance to use it for deer this fall :violin:

But the other 2 - 44 bullet group buys should keep me busy doing load testing LOL

Thank you for running this buy and to 45.21 for designing such a great looking bullet .

Johnch

Dutch4122
06-25-2006, 08:02 AM
As I said before, you can count me in! Check will be in the mail to you Monday morning for 1 mold. Thanks for putting this buy together and thanks to 45 2.1 for all the design work.

45 2.1
06-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Here is the boolit:

mike in co
06-25-2006, 03:01 PM
question on weight....is this no 2 alloy ?? what is it in straight ww ??

most moulds i aave seen seem to go higher with ww ???

counting my pennies and waiting fer an answer...

Poohgyrr
06-25-2006, 06:00 PM
You guys are difficult on the pocketbook, I should have the money long before Sept 1st.....

Thanks for doing the work on this.

[smilie=1:

357maximum
06-25-2006, 06:09 PM
question on weight....is this no 2 alloy ?? what is it in straight ww ??

most moulds i aave seen seem to go higher with ww ???

counting my pennies and waiting fer an answer...

WheelWeights is the alloy of design....

Michael

LET-CA
06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
I need some guidance from you guys. I've shot lots of bullets sized at .432 through my Winchester Timber Carbine, but am not sure what the extra two-thousands of an inch will get for me. My concern is that at some point the extra size starts to become a bad thing. I really like the design with the three crimp grooves but need some guidance from those who know more than me. Do I just need to size all of these through my Lee .432 sizer?

Dutch4122
06-26-2006, 08:43 AM
If .432" diameter boolits have shot well for you in the past, then I would just size these down to .432" as well. My USRAC/Winchester Black Shadow .444s barrel slugs at .431" and I size to .433" so it doesn't hurt to go a couple .001"s over as long as the loaded round will still chamber.

Bear4570
06-27-2006, 08:41 AM
I like the looks of this one, count me in on one.

jeff223
06-27-2006, 09:48 AM
boy that one looks like the a fat 44 group buy boolit mold i ran.this one is just alittle longer with an extra crimp grove added.this one should be a winner for sure.http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

mike in co
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
WheelWeights is the alloy of design....

Michael
so we are talking just over 300 with a gas check in place ??

?????

thanks
mike
at work and dont have th eweight of a 44 gc with me ...)

Dutch4122
06-27-2006, 05:21 PM
so we are talking just over 300 with a gas check in place ??

?????

thanks
mike
at work and dont have th eweight of a 44 gc with me ...)

Just came back in from the shop where I weighed a 1/2 dozen Hornady .44 caliber gas checks. They ran a consistant 7.1 grns to 7.2 grns. I'm sure that 45.2.1 takes this into account when he designs these boolits.

Anyway, hope this helps.

357maximum
06-28-2006, 11:04 PM
The final boolit weight sans lube will be about 290 grains, including gas check.

Some answers for some questions

Yes, you can/could just tumblelube it, Or you can traditional lube it, When a gas check is present it really doesn't matter, I have had great luck either way.

This boolit will be designed to weight ABOUT 290 grains with the gascheck on.

No I will not accept paypal,,, I will not even respond to further inquiries on this matter.

The reason it is so fat is because,-- Most marlins in 444 need the xtra diameter too shoot well, and if you need it at a size a few thousandths smaller, just size it down, it is far easier to size down a bit than up a bit.

How long till you need the money--------see first post.

Good night guys

Michael

357maximum
06-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Bullet mold check
#1= 48415

mike in co
07-01-2006, 09:35 PM
waiting is a waste of time....
if you go look at the last two 44 group buys...'
one buy essentially died on the vine while shooters bailed to the other buy.

shorten the time to one month , an extrta week for checks to show up and order.
if u got the funds buy extras and sell them to the late commers.

get commitment and move on.......

357maximum
07-02-2006, 10:37 AM
waiting is a waste of time....
if you go look at the last two 44 group buys...'
one buy essentially died on the vine while shooters bailed to the other buy.

shorten the time to one month , an extrta week for checks to show up and order.
if u got the funds buy extras and sell them to the late commers.

get commitment and move on.......

The time frame stands, believe it or not some members do not get in here everyday, and maybe just maybe some members need a little time to come up with the funds. Not everybody is a member of the mold a month club..I can wait for them, as this is not gonna be ready by hunting season anyway, I thought about waiting until winter to do the buy, but I am not THAT patient.

Michael

45nut
07-02-2006, 11:38 AM
believe it or not some members do not get in here everyday

Michael
Yer kidding right? RIGHT?:drinks:

357maximum
07-02-2006, 12:20 PM
I have heard of it happening

My wife will tell you I do not suffer that ill confliction. on second thought do not ask her that I may not like the response she gives.

Cayoot
07-02-2006, 02:29 PM
The time frame stands, believe it or not some members do not get in here everyday, and maybe just maybe some members need a little time to come up with the funds. Not everybody is a member of the mold a month club..I can wait for them, as this is not gonna be ready by hunting season anyway, I thought about waiting until winter to do the buy, but I am not THAT patient.

Michael

I appreciate that Michael, mostly for 2 reasons:

1. Because I, (like many others) have summer vacations planned that we are trying to save for and getting in on 2 or 3 GB at the beginning of the summer can put a real crimp on our plans.

And mostly because:

2. You stated a time frame in your first post. It would be disingenuous of you to change that time frame at this time. I (and I'm guessing others) are working to come up with the funds in time to meet your original deadline. It would only frustrate and alienate us to make the deadline a moving target that we would have to scramble to meet or say "screw it" (which is what I would say).

So thanks for sticking to your guns on this.

357maximum
07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
cayoot, your reason number 2, is absolutely correct, but I did not figure I had to explain that one. What I say I will do, I will do.

Cayoot
07-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks 357 Max....Not enough people honor their word these days. It's good to find someone who does.

357maximum
07-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Bullet mold checks to date:
#1= 48415
#2= 43445

Bigscot
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Just curious, is this the same boolit as the earlier group buy which came out just before the current Ranch Dog TL .44 and died on the vine? It appears to be, if not then very close.

Bigscot

Dutch4122
07-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Bigscot-

I think the best way to describe this boolit vs. the previous boolit you are thinking of is that they are the same "style" but not the exact same design. The previous design you are thinking of was for a 265 grn gas checked wfn boolit with three crimp grooves. This group buy is for a 290 grn gas checked wfn boolit with three crimp grooves.

Hope this helps,

357maximum
07-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Bullet mold checks to date:
#1= 48415
#2= 43445
#3= 95815
#4= 80863

steveb
07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
With the Ranch Dog deal I got in on in limbo right now I believe I'm gonna get in on this one to. My bore on my Rossi is .432 and this will fit the bill. I probably wont get a check out to you till the first of next month or so. Michael, thanks for not changing the date on us. A man of his word!:drinks:

Plainsman
07-21-2006, 11:01 PM
I wanted to get in on the last FAT 44 bullet buy, but it came too quickly on the RD design group buy. I may get in on this one! I'll be one of the 'last minute' guys...

BTW, I've found that SUMMER is the SLOWEST time for internet forums. Things pick up in the fall and EXPLODE around Xmas through Jan. Just an FYI for those looking for participants in things like group buys and response fluctuations...

Thanks!

357maximum
07-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Well folks Lee has thumbed the members of the RD44 mold buy, and My brain is starting to go to some dark regions, For now this buy is still a go, by all means.

IF however the c-358-180 Gb goes in the same direction, there will be some harsh and difficult decisions made.. I will start with a poll and go from there....It is really up to the four who's zip code is posted, and who have checks sitting in my file cabinet. If this buy does go away the checks will be torn, and the money order cashed, and reissued back to you.

Right now I need straight opinions from the vested parties already paid up.. It is your decision just as much as mine.

Personally I say we wait, and see how the 358 molds come out, but I do not know when they will get here..could be awhile seeing as how Lee is trying to pass off a mold that is simply doctored, not fixed to the RD buyers and tying up the machinery. I really hope they visit this site from time to time, maybe the light will come on,,, maybe not.

Michael

Dutch4122
07-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. Besides your C358-180 group buy there are other Group Buys that are due in to their Honchos soon. If those others are having similar problems with their orders (casting too small, not to specs on diagram, etc.) then I would be all for ending this Group Buy and going to Dan at Mountain Molds when he is open for business.

Looks like we're gonna be stuck in a holding pattern on a few Group Buys because of this mess with Lee. Jeff is considering cancelling his Group Buy 30-150-PB with three crimp grooves as well because of this mess. Can't blame him, though!

357maximum
07-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Jeff has obviously been pushed too far by bad cusomer service, and I can honestly say I do not blame him. He put alot of work into the buy (more than he should have over some controversy and arguing from some members, who did not even order a mold) and is understandably quite frustrated. Now he is dealing with members that will want answers, he simply cannot provide as well with dealing with stuff that should never be. I feel for him

As far as the 358-180 buy,, it will be inspected thouroughly, I have permission from quite a few buyers to run their mold to check them out. If they are bad they will go back as a whole, and we will cross whatever undesirable water if we have too, at that point in time...

Michael

EDIT.. I was really upset the other night over lees disregard for it's customers, I have calmed down now, we will see what the future brings from lee and go from there. For now all is the same and a go.. AHH DEEP BREATH, and I feel better.. I just would feel kinda responsible if it all went down the crappers and the buyers did not get what they ordered, not my fault I know, but the feelings would still be there.. We are currently sitting at 5 molds and my rants the other night may have slowed somes enthusiasm, but I hope not, this will be a good mold if delivered as 45.21 has drawn. Get on board do not let my other crazy pole personality scare you away...Michael

steveb
07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Michael, as far as that C358-180 the bore on my Rossi measures .356 so IF it comes in at .358 I will be a happy camper. Cant wait to get it.[smilie=1:

Dutch4122
07-24-2006, 11:49 AM
EDIT.. I was really upset the other night over lees disregard for it's customers, I have calmed down now, we will see what the future brings from lee and go from there. For now all is the same and a go.. AHH DEEP BREATH, and I feel better.. I just would feel kinda responsible if it all went down the crappers and the buyers did not get what they ordered, not my fault I know, but the feelings would still be there.. We are currently sitting at 5 molds and my rants the other night may have slowed somes enthusiasm, but I hope not, this will be a good mold if delivered as 45.21 has drawn. Get on board do not let my other crazy pole personality scare you away...Michael

Seems to me that we're all in a "frustration mode" over the way that Lee has handled some of these Group Buy screw ups. I'm glad to see that at this point we are still a "go" on this design. Time is on our side and we can wait to see how the orders due in soon are cut; then we can make a more informed decision. Mountain Molds isn't going to be back into production til late summer at the earliest and he'll have a ton of backorders to fill at that point anyway.

Another option we have discussed before is to spec the design on paper .001" to .002" larger than we really want. Then if Lee comes in their .001" to .002" under whats on paper we are still where we want to be. If they hit the spec on the nose we can just size them down. Just something to think about while we wait.

steveb
07-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Another option we have discussed before is to spec the design on paper .001" to .002" larger than we really want. Then if Lee comes in their .001" to .002" under whats on paper we are still where we want to be. If they hit the spec on the nose we can just size them down. Just something to think about while we wait.

Sounds like a plan to me.

45 2.1
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Guys, just about everything, but standing over them with a hammer, has allready been tried. These problems of non fit or to spec. seem to go in cycles. It is very frustrating trying to out guess the people??????? at LEE Precision. Does anybody want the "Hammer" job????

357maximum
07-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Does anybody want the "Hammer" job????

I may be looking for a job, whats the pay? It might prove to be like therapy.

45 2.1
07-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Does anybody want the "Hammer" job????

I may be looking for a job, whats the pay? It might prove to be like therapy.

Same pay as you get for helping some folks here, no dollars and grief on top. Of course, you would have to go to LEE to do it.:veryconfu

Boomer Mikey
08-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Some of us have ROSSI 1892's with .4329 groove diameters. I really need one of these - I'll go in on one of these.

My check will be in the mail today.

Boomer

Dutch4122
08-01-2006, 03:26 PM
.............357 Maximum (Michael) and I met today to do a trade of boolits and other shooting related items. I'm glad to say that he's a straight shooter and very honest trader. He told me that his computer had crashed the other day and that he was working to get it up and running ASAP.

So, if anybody sends a PM for his address and doesn't get a prompt response it's only because he's still working out the "bugs."

I'm sure he'll be back online within a couple of days; just thought everybody should know in case there are questions.

steveb
08-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Some of us have ROSSI 1892's with .4329 groove diameters. I really need one of these - I'll go in on one of these.

My check will be in the mail today.

Boomer

Welcome to the forum Boomer. Have you slugged the bore on your Rossi?? Not all of the Rossi 92's have this problem. Unfortunatly mine does but gives me an excuse to get in on these custom bullet moulds.:Fire:

Boomer Mikey
08-02-2006, 06:45 AM
QUOTE=steveb]Welcome to the forum Boomer. Have you slugged the bore on your Rossi?? Not all of the Rossi 92's have this problem. Unfortunatly mine does but gives me an excuse to get in on these custom bullet moulds.:Fire:[/QUOTE]

Hi steveb,

Yes my ROSSI slugged at .4329 and after some fire lapping to clean it up a little .434 should be just right. This rifle shoots too good to send it back. I ordered a .434 sizing die from Buffalo Arms and will try to "bump-up" some Bear Creek 240 grain .430 SWC's (fairly soft) and some SPEER 240 grain swaged SWC's to .434 in an RCBS lubrisizer for use in CAS side matches. The 290's are for long range cowboy silhouette (200 meters). I love the 1892's and have 5 of the ROSSI's, a Navy Arms .357 short rifle, LSI Puma .357 carbine, LSI .357 long rifle, LSI Puma .44 carbine, and this LSI .44 long rifle; all in stainless and all of them shoot great.

I've been casting my own for over 30 years and wouldn't consider using jacketed bullets in any of my lever guns. :castmine:

Lever Guns are my passion! :-D

This thread is a wonderful resource; Thanks Guys!

Boomer

Boomer Mikey
08-02-2006, 07:13 AM

Hi Dutch4122,

I need at least .434's to drop from this mold for my application, .435 or .436's would be ok with me as well.

Boomer

steveb
08-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Lever Guns are my passion! :-D

Boomer, You probably already have but just in case check out www.leverguns.com Paco has a great forum over there with lots of knowledable and friendly folks. You would fit right in.

Dutch4122
08-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Hi Dutch4122,
I need at least .434's to drop from this mold for my application, .435 or .436's would be ok with me as well.
Boomer

I think we're all on the same page here:)

When I met up yesterday with our Honcho for this one (.357 Maximum) we talked about fat .44's & .444's; and I think it's safe to say that at least .434" diameter is what he's shooting for here as he likes a fat, throat fitting slug for his 1/38 twist Marlin Triple 4. After all, if it's a lot easier to size them down than to bump 'em up!

Plainsman
08-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I may be interested in getting in on it, if our RD mold comes out correct in the end and I have a chance to have the $60 cash. I'd like a larger bullet for my .44's as well as the RD, it's just a matter of timing/cash. Keep us informed on the progress of this buy!

Thanks!

357maximum
08-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Well guys, my computer is toast, it will be down awhile. A new hard drive will be required. I will be back, soon. I could rant about Hewlett Packard for hours about this. Them fools customer service rates right up there with the russian mafia. Anything else I have to say about them would not be allowed here.

This buy will take awhile, time is on our side, we will wait and see what Lee does on future buys before any further action is even thought about..

I will be back ,,, soon I hope..

Michael

357maximum
08-05-2006, 07:14 PM
recived check number 5 from 94591 today,

My computer is somewhat back, but still bumpy. Hewlett Packard will never ever be allowed into this house again, I am done with them. They intentionally corrupt stuff so that you have to go through them to get stuff fixed,,that is why they do not include YOUR LEGAL copy of your op sytem and other software. My name has been added to a class action lawsuit against them, what they do is criminal...Microsoft has been a light of savior throughout this ordeal, and between them and a puter friend of mine I am back online, and the only hting lost is all the files on my side of the harddrive. HP's "PARTITION" SYSTEM has been the cause of all my ills, and I am simply done with them, they suckkkkkabunnch...I would tell anyone who is thinking of HP to totally rethink that train of thought. They are criminals who need to be treated as such.

Michael

Boomer Mikey
08-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Michael,

All the big names in computers - Dell, HP/Compac, Gateway, etc. use the same partition system with a ghost image on the hard drive to restore from and when the hard drive fails you loose restore capability. Microsoft doesn't want OS media shipped with computers. The best solution is to purchase a USB "backup" hard drive also known as a one-button backup drive.

As a computer and network systems guy; I always install my own OS from a regular copy of the OS and applications I want. It takes a week to delete all the garbage included with a factory install. After I'm done with my install I make a ghost image of the installation and save a copy of the image on a different hard drive or removable media (CD, DVD) then make another image (backup) once a month or so and daily backups of my documents folder.

I understand your frustration as I deal with customer support people daily.

Boomer

StarMetal
08-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I have a ghosting program and have a back up on another hard drive and CD's too. Only way to go.

Joe

Boomer Mikey
08-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi Guys,

I received my custom .434 sizer die from Buffalo Arms yesterday and "BUMPED-UP" some bullets to .434 diameter. All the details are in this thread.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=95253&postcount=1

Boomer

Dutch4122
08-06-2006, 01:02 PM
recived check number 5 today,
Michael

Glad to hear it. May take a while to get the number of orders up but I think this one will definately be worth the wait.

Even if we only get to 10 orders it will only require an additional $10 from each purchaser to cover the setup fee.

Poohgyrr
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM
This will be fun, I'm waiting. :-D

357maximum
08-23-2006, 02:11 AM
...tapping the mic he says..

"hello is this thing on, is there anyone out there, hello, tap tap"

steveb
08-23-2006, 11:31 AM
I have thought about getting in on this and like the design but I beleive I will pass. With the cost of checks on the rise and already having that Ranch Dog 285 grainer.. I've got something in the works for a plain base 44 design.

ironduke2
08-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi. I would like to get in on this buy. I will get a checkin the mail today. My zip is 17241. Thanks. Bob.:castmine:

Tomhorn
08-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Michael, Money order went out this morning for one six cavity 444/44 Big, flat,fat. My zip is 88203. Thanks Mark.

castalott
08-25-2006, 11:07 AM
STAND BACK!
THE DAM HAS BURST!

( I want one too....)

I'll send a postal money order today...

Dale

castalott
08-25-2006, 01:19 PM
yep...I was right.....The money order is in the mail...lol

Dale

Cayoot
08-25-2006, 01:24 PM
357 Max
This looks great! I sent you a pm requesting info on where to send my check.

Thanks

357maximum
08-25-2006, 01:30 PM
cayoot

I chuckled at your expense and replied, you should really read the "whole" thread starting with page one post one. I chuckled because I have done the same thing, and I am glad to not be alone...thank you

I see that the mic was on, holy cow, we are underway...woo hoo...this will be a great mould, woo hoo again, I was thinking it was wilting on the vine...

Michael

Dutch4122
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Glad to see we're doing better! Maybe the orders will continue to pick up for this one now that Lee seems to be getting caught up with the demand on custom molds.

fistmele
08-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Michael, I'll have a check in the mail tomorrow.Thanks!

357maximum
08-27-2006, 01:37 AM
welcome fistmele...

If all the I'm ins pan out we are looking purdy good...

Michael

mike in co
08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
so what is the paid count as of today ??

357maximum
08-27-2006, 10:27 PM
so what is the paid count as of today ??

FIVE in my hands as of this moment, plus me = SIX But i would say we will have at least 10 or 12 by this time next week going by the above posts, and some PM's I have recieved.

48415-1
43445-1
95815-1
80863-1
94591-1

We are in no hurry here, but a group decision will be asked for at some point in the near future...but for the time being the buy will be extended until Sept 16th. We will go from there with what the masses want to do..

Michael

Poohgyrr
08-27-2006, 11:13 PM
This will be good to have when it gets here, I'm still looking into heavy bullets in the Special brass. That will be interesting to chrono.

And I have some boxes of 300 gr JSP's tucked away somewhere - may have to unload them later.

:drinks:

357maximum
08-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Recieved two orders today:

Updated list:

48415- 1
43445- 1
95815- 1
80863- 1
94591- 1
62899- 1
17241- 1

357maximum
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1716&d=1151237159

jeff223
08-31-2006, 02:21 PM
this boolit looks just like the fat 44 boolit that i have.do you have a spec sheet yet?if not i have a copy from the last deal that i ran.it came from our boolit designer himself.

my FAT 44 mold drops doolits out that are the nicest looking boolits so far for me but thats only compairing them to the RANCH DOG boolits and the .360-180gr gas check boolits.

this is a great boolit for you 44 shooters.dont mis out on this one

LET-CA
08-31-2006, 05:45 PM
I couldn't find measurements from front of bullet to the varous crimp grooves on the picture I saw. (I like the TLC432-285-RF because it's designed to keep the overall length to within specs for cycling through my Winchester 444. I like the three grooves, I'd just like to know what the loaded length will be before committing to another mould.

mike in co
08-31-2006, 06:50 PM
FIVE in my hands as of this moment, plus me = SIX But i would say we will have at least 10 or 12 by this time next week going by the above posts, and some PM's I have recieved.

48415-1
43445-1
95815-1
80863-1
94591-1

We are in no hurry here, but a group decision will be asked for at some point in the near future...but for the time being the buy will be extended until Sept 16th. We will go from there with what the masses want to do..

Michael

well keep me in mind....i hate waiting forever but i have not given up on this....maybe a pm or email on the 13th or so from the honcho.......
that way i can send just one check......

fido
09-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi all I’m quite wet behind the ears yet, hear and with bullet making.

I have a new 44 S+W mag. I would like to make some bullets for.

I slugged it the other day cyls .429, barrel .430. I would have rather it be the other way around. Is this normal? It has not impressed me with accuracy but that may be shooter.:mrgreen:

I think shooting some straight WW cast bullets it should work Ok. I guess we’ll find out.

Does anyone have a pick of a V block setup for measuring a 5 rifle barrel slug? I tried my best with a mike but as you all now its tuff. I have all kinds of machining stuff so I may be able to build one.

Now for the mold, are there published powder loads for something close to the weight? Or is it start small and work up. I use tight group and 2400.
Will it shoot un gas checked?
Will Lee six banger handles be the only ones that work with this mould?
Can it be sized to .430 or .431 in one squeeze in the lubber sizer. RCBS
How much extra for shipping to Alberta Canada?

Is a first prototype mold going to be checked to see it is exactly as the specs state before the rest are run? I read the other 44 mold tread with lee fuging it twice. I’m not into that kind of stress.:-?

O ya if any of you have or know of one of these undersized molds for sale I am interested.

A special thanks to cayoot for nudging me in the right direction.:drinks:
Thanks very much, Please pardon all the questions I'm new.
Stephen

Cayoot
09-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Welcome aboard Fido! Glad to have you here, you will find that these are a great group of guys!

Also, it sounds to me that, although you might be new to casting, you have plenty of technical experience to be able to contribute valuable input to the other members of this community.

About your tight chamber issues: I have a .45 Colt that suffered the same malady. I bought a set of chamber reamers from Brownells. They were easy to use and opened up my chambers nicely to the proper specs. I'm thinking that Brownells probably has a set of reamers for .44 also. They were inexpensive enough that I didn't mind buying them, because I have 3 .45 caliber revolvers. Failing that, I have read of others who have sent their cylinders to gunsmiths and had them reamed out to spec.

Just food for thought.

Again, welcome!:drinks:

fido
09-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks Cayoot I will have to look into it. Check your Email.
Stephen

357maximum
09-04-2006, 07:39 PM
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
------------------
12 molds so far...Sept,6

The molds get ordered and and if I deem them OK, they get sent, if not I will play with lee. All the checks come to me, I write one check and ship it to lee, if they are according to spec then they get sent to the buyers. They have been doing alot better lately and the last 3 molds I have gotten are AOK,. I do not have the exact nose lengths YET, but will get them posted asap. I use the lee handles, but others may work, I have never tried it, but the lyman 4 cav handles look right, but as I said I have never tried it, lee handles are cheap/decent/and abundant so I never dismounted one to see if it would fit the lees'. Water dropped ww is just about all I use for all bullets, sometimes I play with 9 to 1 ww/lino, but most of the time wdww suffice nicely. I do not know about how well YOUR success shooting them unchecked will be, personally I have never had a great desire to find out. When I wanna simply lug em I use plain base and when I want em to fly hard I use a checked boolit.

And welcome Fido I hope this answers most of your unanswered questions. As far as high pressure big bore revolvers, someone else looks like he is taking care of you on that issue, and a good thing he is kind enough to do so, I shoot mostly single shot pistols, lever guns, bolt guns, all my revolvers are quite tame compared to some here. when I wanna get mean I use a single shot encore, or a rifle. Big revolvers are something I have simply not gotten to YET. It is not lack of want to it is simply when choices are made for new toys something else always ends up prevailling, but I do enjoy the ol mans 44's, and 45 cal ruger revolvers. I personally want a couple of big smiths, but not bad enough yet apparently.

Michael

fido
09-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys. I think I will go with the 44 kieth.
Stephen

357maximum
09-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Ok fellas

Whatcha all think about letting this run till we get the 25 required moulds? We stand at 12 currently..half way there...

1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
------------------
12 molds so far...Sept,6

I am thinking wait er out, what say you?

Poohgyrr
09-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Ok fellas
Whatcha all think about letting this run till we get the 25 required moulds? We stand at 12 currently..half way there......Sept,6

I prefer to wait, but if not then OK........

castalott
09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I can wait...I don't even own a 44........

But my buddy who wants this mold...that's another thing.....

either is ok......

Dale

Boomer Mikey
09-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Ok fellas

Whatcha all think about letting this run till we get the 25 required moulds? We stand at 12 currently..half way there...

12 molds so far...Sept,6

I would agree to let this run another 30 days and if we are not close to 25 then order the moulds for those that still are interested. It seems that more people are interested at or near the deadline than at any other time. If the number reaches 25 before then, so much the better.

Boomer

357maximum
09-07-2006, 08:22 PM
It is settled then..

On oct 14 the deal will be done. we have what we have and go with that, no more orders. Those already IN will have two weeks to get me their extra if it is needed(hopefully not).

THE DEAL ENDS OCTOBER 14 2006,NO EXCEPTIONSAT THAT POINT YOU ARE EITHER WITH US OR YOU ARE NOT, THAT IS FIRM

OCTOBER 14 2006

EDIT:A date had to be set, at some point, and so it was. Most involved on this that I have been in contact with agree with it. Majority rule and all.

357maximum
09-09-2006, 10:50 AM
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795
------------------
13 molds so far...Sept,9

Plainsman
09-10-2006, 10:25 AM
So with 13 molds so far, how much is it costing per mold? With 5 more weeks to get the money to you, I may be able to...

Thanks!

357maximum
09-10-2006, 11:14 AM
So with 13 molds so far, how much is it costing per mold? With 5 more weeks to get the money to you, I may be able to...

Thanks!

I will not be able to answer that question until Oct 14. At that point if we are short of the 25 then I will be able to. The hope here is that we will not be short, if we are then we will cross that bridge if we have to. The majority of the buyers fom whom I have PAID checks from were wanting a date, and so I set one. One that I figured would get us real close or over the 25 hurdle, and one that would give interested members time to become paid members. It was the only solution to be fair to both those who are paid and to those that WILL BE on Oct 14.

Michael

Four Fingers of Death
09-17-2006, 02:43 AM
You are doing well dude, thanks for looking after us. I'm eager to get the mould, but then I won't have any excuses any more. :-) Mick.

downonthefarm
09-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I want in!

I can mail you a check monday.

Is $60 still correct?

Thanks

357maximum
09-24-2006, 08:54 PM
farm

yes, and pm sent...

Poohgyrr
09-24-2006, 10:10 PM

This should make more fun rounds out of a Lever.

GLL
09-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Michael:

Check for one mould is "in the mail" ! :)

Jerry

"91106"

porkchop bob
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Michael, I am in for two molds. Payment has been mailed.
29439 - 2 - porkchop bob

Thanks, Bob

357maximum
09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1

I will update the list again Monday night or Tuesday morning ,,,I will be gone chasing whitetail with stick and string until then...we should have some more checks by then too, judging by the PM's and posts...Michael

357maximum
10-04-2006, 02:55 AM
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1

Paid members please PM me if you have ANY comments about our schedule,,,more than likely the buy will be extended until 25 orders,,,,,just no sense in NOT waiting....I know there are a few vocal fellas out there that want it now, but waiting seems to me, to be the smartest move...my opinion...and I want to hear yours....

Four Fingers of Death
10-04-2006, 04:11 AM
I'd rather wait awhile and save you the trouble of gathering a few bucks extra of everybody later on, which will no doubt cause a delay anyway. Mick.

downonthefarm
10-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I agree with Mick, I have no problem on waiting.

I have more things going right now than I can handle anyway! Bill

Tomhorn
10-04-2006, 10:56 PM
I have no problems waiting a while longer.:castmine: 88203

Mark

Frank46
10-05-2006, 12:09 AM
OK by me if you have to wait for a few extra orders to come in. Frank

Mohillbilly
10-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Fine with me I'll wait

10-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Check goes out tomorrow. Zip = 22554 for shipping, 73505 on check (moved this summer).

357maximum
10-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Wait we shall then...we need ten more to go..

Porkchop says he is getting two so when that gets here we will need only 8 more..

We will just paly it by ear, as most poeple are going to be busy hunting for awhile, and may not be spending much money and time on the silver stream,, it will pick up when hunting seasons wind down....I can wait.....

I would like to shoot for sometime before the holiday malay,,,but we need to get to 25 before anything else transpires..so in a holding pattern we shall remain...

I will keep you all updated,,as checks trickle in...I have been spending alot of time up in trees so your check may get posted a few days after It arrives at my house..My hunting cabin is an hour away and sometimes I hang my hat there for several days at a time....and there is no internet there..but my wife keeps the mail sorted in a nice neat pile for when I return...

Michael

Four Fingers of Death
10-11-2006, 06:21 AM
I might make a post on the Marlin site, lots of 444 shooters there. Mick.

HollicaSnooze
10-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Check goes out today...70809 ship to....same as the .358 WFNGC GB:-D

porkchop bob
10-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Michael, I am in for two molds. Payment has been mailed.
29439 - 2 - porkchop bob

Thanks, Bob

Michael, seeing you had not received my check, I looked at my check stubs and find no record of a check being issued. So, a red-faced porkchop bob went to the Post Office and mailed you a postal money order today at 3pm. [smilie=b:

Thanks, Bob

357maximum
10-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Michael, seeing you had not received my check, I looked at my check stubs and find no record of a check being issued. So, a red-faced porkchop bob went to the Post Office and mailed you a postal money order today at 3pm. [smilie=b:

Thanks, Bob

Glad to see I am not the only one who suffers from,,,,SURE THOUGHT I'D DONE THAT SYNDROME..

....keep em' comin fellas by the posts and pm's she is looking better and better...

UPDATED LIST
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1
15. 70809 -1
16. 29439-2
17. " " "
18.22554-1

Michael

ron brooks
10-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Money Order went out in the mail today.

Ron Brooks
zip code 79084

OBXPilgrim
10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Sending a money order today.

Thanks for the help (via PM's)

Hope nobody minds a newbie getting in on this!!

357maximum
10-26-2006, 08:48 AM
UPDATED LIST
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1
15. 70809 -1
16. 29439-2
17. " " "
18.22554-1
19. 79084-1
20. 28803-1

Just a few more to go fellas...and as for the above post....newbies..oldies..great old moldy oldies...all are welcome....this is a one big happy family type deal..no matter if you are new here or were here when they chiseled the wheel...

Bob is trying to get the exact measurements for the crimp grooves but currently some technical issues are thumpin his behind...with the three crimp grooves it should fit anything capable of launching a boolit of this weight class...

Michael

Poohgyrr
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM

This should work well out of my 16" M94. And if I can get a 16" to 24" Rossi M92 like I want, then that will be a lot of fun too. That rifle would look good with a tang sight and these rounds poking out of a buttcuff on the stock.

These boolits will replace those 300 gr JSP's I've been using. :-D

Cayoot
10-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Just dropped a check off at the post office for one of these jewels.:drinks:

Thanks Much!

warf73
10-30-2006, 07:22 AM
If there is room for one more, I'll send my money out today.

Thanks Warf

jeff223
10-31-2006, 01:28 PM
warf73,
are you the same dude that got in on the 445sm reamer deal and did the rechamber?if so hows it shooting for you?

also welcome to castboolits

warf73
11-01-2006, 03:07 AM
Yes I'm the one and the same Warf73.

I want this boolit for that 445SM that H&R has a large bore. I've been wanting to get a gas checked 300gr bullet for it since I'm so happy with the 300gr XTP( one big ragged hole at 50yards, sub 1" at 100yards)

I love to shoot lead and if I can get in on this I'll replace the XTP's.

Wish I could get a responce from 357Mag on if there is room or not.

Thanks for the welcome Jeff.

Warf

jeff223
11-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Warf there is still room on this group buy.im sure 357max will get with you soon.i guess he is bow hunting alot and hasnt been on line much.its been over a week since ive PMed him about another matter

im glad that rechamber worked out good for you

im not a member at the graybeards anymore.little HITLER gave me the boot along with a few others for getting into it with that ******* Mac.im sure you know what i meanhttp://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

good to hear from you

Bear4570
11-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Postal Money Order went out today.. This looks like its going to be a good un...

mike in co
11-06-2006, 05:32 PM
ok i'm offically in!...headed to the post office to mail money order....
80015 one mike in co

( i sold 100 lbs of pistol and rifle brass at 1.62 a pound!)
if you need components, buy them now beore the prices roll down hill...

AlaskaMike
11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
I'll be sending out a check tonight when I get home from work for this one.

I apologize if this was covered somewhere else (I couldn't find anything), but this will be my first Lee 6 cavity mould, and I don't know if the RCBS 2-cav and Ballisti-Cast 4-cav handles I have will fit. Can someone point me in the right direction in the mould handle department?

Thanks,
Mike

mike in co
11-07-2006, 11:59 AM
lee 6 cav handles....midway often has them at reasonable price

I'll be sending out a check tonight when I get home from work for this one.

I apologize if this was covered somewhere else (I couldn't find anything), but this will be my first Lee 6 cavity mould, and I don't know if the RCBS 2-cav and Ballisti-Cast 4-cav handles I have will fit. Can someone point me in the right direction in the mould handle department?

Thanks,
Mike

357maximum
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Sorry, for the delays in the PM dept. fellas...Jeff was right...I was hanging out in trees, and my extension cord for the puter is not long enough...saw some nice buckeroos but nothing worthy of my last tag...It will take a big one to make the bow go off, as I have a 180 grain recycled wheelweight just itching to smack a buck in the ribs...

Keep em' coming fellas...as of right now I am thinking the first week of december will be the send in date...

Let's shoot for the 9th of December...If we are at or above 25 on the 9th I will send her in then... so if you are wanting one..get on board the ships about to leave port...we are real close...and I kinda want to get this sent before the Holiday Hoobaloo so if we are at quota on Sat. DEC 9 she will be sent in......if you are on board you get a mold...if not...not..........................strike swiftly

UPDATED LIST
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1
15. 70809 -1
16. 29439-2
17. " " "
18.22554-1
19. 79084-1
20. 28803-1
21. 54213-1

Michael

Cayoot
11-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Michael,
I'm surprised that I don't see 49783 up there...I sent a check down to you early last week. It is only down state from me to you.

Would you check again please?

Thanks

357maximum
11-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Michael,
I'm surprised that I don't see 49783 up there...I sent a check down to you early last week. It is only down state from me to you.

Would you check again please?

Thanks

Barry

I went through the stack of mail that came for me while I was bowhunting,,,I in fact DID miss it, it was right there I just did not see it the first time I shuffled through the stack...you were right there stuck to the propane bill...my bad...and I apologize for my ommission, and tired windburned eyes...It is fixed now,,again I am sorry for making you doubt the quality of our postal system....

Michael

UPDATED LIST
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1
15. 70809 -1
16. 29439-2
17. " " "
18.22554-1
19. 79084-1
20. 28803-1
21. 54213-1
22. 49783-1:mrgreen:

DEC 09 is the cutoff date for this buy...we are now close enough to make it official...thanks to all involved....we may get to play with this boolit yet this winter...:-D

Michael

Cayoot
11-08-2006, 06:30 AM
No Sweat, thanks for letting me know Michael....

Did you fill your tag?

mike in co
11-08-2006, 11:56 AM
ok...why are waiting another month ???
( i know cause you are in charge and you said so......but i think if you check this weeks mail we are at 25...so why wait ANOTHER month.....)

357maximum
11-08-2006, 12:02 PM
No Sweat, thanks for letting me know Michael....

Did you fill your tag?I filled one on a 15 inch, but massive, 10 4/8 inch tined 128 & 3/8 inch 8 pointer, I have one left...hopefully nothing too tempting comes along until the 15th, then I will try the lee .360-180 group buy boolit out on him...til then I am sitting in trees hoping mr big does not show up and temp me too awfully much. I was going to save both tags for cast, but murphys law intervened, and the devil made me draw the bow back...I have passed up 11 chip shots on sub bucks, just so I can fire the ol 357 max into one just like them come the 15th...this year during gun season the early bird gets some lead...I hate being done, but I really want to kill one with my 15 inch encore,,so I know how it will go down...man is only designed to resist so much temptation...

357maximum
11-08-2006, 12:55 PM
ok...why are waiting another month ???
( i know cause you are in charge and you said so......but i think if you check this weeks mail we are at 25...so why wait ANOTHER month.....)

Because, it takes two weeks for checks to clear anyway, and I am not going to do paperwork and math and make trips to the bank/post office during my gun season....that starts wednesday....and dec 09 is my birthday, and it seemed like a good day to end it...there are a few things going on behind the curtains that make these molds show up in many peoples mailboxes,,,that is why I hoped it would be wrapped up before now,,,but alas it is not,,so we deal with the cards as they are dealt,, and make the best of it for as many people as possible...

In all actuality we are only donating a few weeks to stragglers, who may still be getting the monies around, or who are out hunting, and may not visit here everyday... I have missed a buy or two I wanted because I was busy, it stinks...this buy has went on longer than planned for already anyway, a few weeks will not kill us at this point...maybe a member or two more will get smiles on their face for the three week wait, maybe not, but at least we tried to accomodate everyone...

I will cash checks around Nov 20 sometime,and as the remaining few roll in..... and It will get sent to lee on Mon Dec 11.

357maximum
11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
UPDATED LIST
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1
15. 70809 -1
16. 29439-2
17. " " "
18.22554-1
19. 79084-1
20. 28803-1
21. 54213-1
22. 49783-1
23. 67060-1

We are waiting for the finalized boolit design drawing with specs, and for any latecomers... it will all come together soon, and before you know it we will have our molds ordered...thanks fellas..and good luck hunting...

Michael

357maximum
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
UPDATED LIST
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1
15. 70809 -1
16. 29439-2
17. " " "
18.22554-1
19. 79084-1
20. 28803-1
21. 54213-1
22. 49783-1
23. 67060-1
24. 80015-1
25. 99507-1

357maximum
11-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Is there any more interested parties for this mold?

neerb
11-20-2006, 02:02 AM
I will be mailing a m.o. 11/20/06 for one of these. Thanks neerb (46307)

357maximum
11-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I will be mailing a m.o. 11/20/06 for one of these. Thanks neerb (46307)

I have been looking, but I have not seen it....

We are all but wrapped up on this one guys...checks are cashed, bullet design sheets are here...envelope is all made up and just waiting for a few additions to the final talley so it can go in on the 9th... Thanks to all who have participated..and to our designer...she sure is one purdy boolit....

Michael

Boomer Mikey
11-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Good deal Mike,

I also have 10" and 15" barrels in 357 Maximum, and a 10" 357 Magnum barrel for my Contender. The 357 Maximum has awsome power for a hand gun. But the real deal is my 15" 308 Winchester Encore setup. It'll handle any power level you can use. I also have a custom 338 WinMag Encore barrel and it's insane.

I use the 357 Max for pigs, never lost one yet, 2 out of 2 with the 200 RCBS FN.

I look forward to getting this mold, Thanks for your efforts!

Boomer :Fire:

Cayoot
11-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Soooooo.....
Which boolit are we going with? The one with 2 crimp grooves or 3 crimp grooves?

I'd prefer the 2 groove myself.

357maximum
11-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Soooooo.....
Which boolit are we going with? The one with 2 crimp grooves or 3 crimp grooves?

I'd prefer the 2 groove myself.

See post numbers 1 and 4...unlike some things in life this one has NOT changed...
Michael

Cayoot
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Ahhhhh...why didn't I see that before?

Good enough by me!

Thanks

Bary

357maximum
12-01-2006, 03:35 PM
UPDATED LIST
1 for me
1 for Bob+

1. 48415- 1
2. 43445- 1
3. 95815- 1
4. 80863- 1
5. 94591- 1
6. 62899- 1
7. 17241- 1
8. 88203- 1
9. 32901- 1
10. 70582- 1
11. Australia 2795-1
12. 36863-1
13. 91106-1
14. 63010-1
15. 70809 -1
16. 29439-2
17. " " "
18.22554-1
19. 79084-1
20. 28803-1
21. 54213-1
22. 49783-1
23. 67060-1
24. 80015-1
25. 99507-1
26. 46307-1

Are there anymore interested parties out there? With the gator buy and the mold buys...I am simply not going to have the money to buy extras....

357maximum
12-06-2006, 12:45 AM
This will be sent in on monday....Thanks to all who have participated...

Four Fingers of Death
12-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Done good Michael, I picked up a 44mag 1894 today, this will be a punishing little number with that boolit at warp speed, :-D

357maximum
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
THIS BUY IS CLOSED

Four Fingers of Death
12-09-2006, 06:27 AM
WH'OO! :-D can't wait, well done Michael.

Cayoot
12-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm looking forward to this...this should be really good for our Michigan bucks!

Ooops!!!!:confused: I forgot! I don't even have a .44 caliber firearm yet!

I guess I better hurry up and buy one! I think I have to, now that I have such a cool looking boolit mould for it!

357maximum
12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm looking forward to this...this should be really good for our Michigan bucks!

Ooops!!!!:confused: I forgot! I don't even have a .44 caliber firearm yet!

I guess I better hurry up and buy one! I think I have to, now that I have such a cool looking boolit mould for it!

Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a new marlin 444 to me....

Cayoot
12-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Actually,
I was thinking more like a very small .44 mag carbine. Something that would fit behind my seat and be easy to stick in my pack while I'm trapping.

Something on the lines of the old Winchester Trapper (in size) but along the lines of a Marlin (in quality).

I guess, then I'll need a Redhawk to go along with it too eh?:drinks:

Dutch4122
12-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Actually,
I was thinking more like a very small .44 mag carbine. Something that would fit behind my seat and be easy to stick in my pack while I'm trapping.

Something on the lines of the old Winchester Trapper (in size) but along the lines of a Marlin (in quality).

IIRC the Winchester/USRAC carbines had a faster twist rate than the 1 turn in 38" Marlins. IMHO the faster twist would be a benefit with this boolit in a .44 Magnum carbine.

Hope this helps,

Boomer Mikey
12-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Actually,

I guess, then I'll need a Redhawk to go along with it too eh?:drinks:

I have a real nice LSI (Rossi) Stainless M92 Puma 20" carbine in .44 mag
that is a joy to use and easily puts 5 shots into 1.5" at 50 yards with 240 grain SWCBB boolits. But Michael is right, I ordered my new rifle for this boolit today, a 444 Marlin.

Boomer Mikey
12-10-2006, 11:48 AM
I also intend to try some 445 supermag cases with this boolit in the 444 to see if they feed and provide decent accuracy. Then this may become a 6 or seven shot magazine and another efficiency level duo like 44 mag/44 special.

I wonder why no one makes a 445 supermag lever gun?

That would be a great deer rifle that could handle a bear in a pinch!

A 357 maximum lever gun would also be very interesting.

Cayoot
12-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I have a real nice LSI (Rossi) Stainless M92 Puma 20" carbine in .44 mag
that is a joy to use and easily puts 5 shots into 1.5" at 50 yards with 240 grain SWCBB boolits. But Michael is right, I ordered my new rifle for this boolit today, a 444 Marlin.

Boy....you guys sure do make life expensive! I've wanted a .44 Mag carbine for a very long time, now the .444 is starting to creap into my dreams too!

One boolit mould.....does it really mean that I have to buy 2 guns?????

Well, if I gotta....then I gotta!

ron brooks
12-10-2006, 04:15 PM
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. :)

Boy....you guys sure do make life expensive! I've wanted a .44 Mag carbine for a very long time, now the .444 is starting to creap into my dreams too!

One boolit mould.....does it really mean that I have to buy 2 guns?????

Well, if I gotta....then I gotta!

Dutch4122
12-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I wonder why no one makes a 445 supermag lever gun?

That would be a great deer rifle that could handle a bear in a pinch!

A 357 maximum lever gun would also be very interesting.

Probably never been made due to the fact that those rounds just plain don't sell as well as the .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum. It's a shame though, 'cause if those two rounds were chambered in Leverguns I'd be all over them too. :)

Some day I just might get me a H&R single shot .44 Magnum and have it reamed out to .445 Super Mag. Should be a real hoot out of the 22" barreled Handi-Rifle.

OBXPilgrim
12-10-2006, 10:09 PM
One of H&R's "new for 2007" is going to be .444 Marlin.

I haven't heard if it's going to have the same overbore issue that the .44 Mag is having (or what the twist will be - shouldn't be an issue either). Of course it's not that big an issue if you have an oversize boolit to slam down through it.

Get one and send it in for the other (.44Mag/.444)

warf73
01-05-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm guessing that our order has been sent in?
I hadn't seen any posts saying one way or the other, if there was one sorry I didn't see it.

Warf

HollicaSnooze
01-31-2007, 10:07 PM
along with an eta....thanks!

357maximum
02-01-2007, 10:45 AM
This buy has been closed and sent in/ it was sent Monday the 11th of December, as far as an ETA, well now that is up to the good folks at lee........figure up to 120 days for delivery......normally it is less than that....but I think we are keeping them pretty busy.....calling lee does not make them hurry it along, and I personally do not want moldmakers to hurry....I want it right the first time......all of this is in the posts somewhere....I try to keep everyone up to date as best I can/could....now it is simply up to the good folks at Lee...

SEE POST NUMBER 134.....

warf73
02-01-2007, 06:25 PM
If its 120 days they should be finished between June 1 - June 12. The holidays make it hard to figure completion time.

I'm expecting 357 will have the molds before June 12.

But this is me being positive.

Warf

tnwill
02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
If there happens to be an extra mold from this GB, I would be very interested buying it.

thanks

BluesBear
02-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Boomer Mikey aren't you concerned by the difference in base diameter between the .444M and the .445SM? (.469" vs .457")

The .445 SuperMag is simply a lengthened .44 Magnum case and for years now there have been cautions against firing .44 Magnum ammo in a .444 Marlin Chamber.

jeff223
02-03-2007, 12:38 AM
PM sent to you tnwill

Boomer Mikey
02-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Boomer Mikey aren't you concerned by the difference in base diameter between the .444M and the .445SM? (.469" vs .457")

The .445 SuperMag is simply a lengthened .44 Magnum case and for years now there have been cautions against firing .44 Magnum ammo in a .444 Marlin Chamber.

Hi BluesBear,

You're right, the cases are smaller. It's just as easy to make up some 240 grain plinker loads with unique or titegroup. I didn't realize there was a difference and 445 brass cost more than the 444 brass.

I don't run anything full tilt and my cast 445 loads are pretty tame but I thank you for the heads up.

BluesBear
02-03-2007, 04:07 AM
For lighter loads in .444 brass you might consider using some Puff-Lon as a filler.
www.pufflon.com (although their ideas of internal ballistics is somewhat humorous to say the least)
I haven't tried it personally, yet, but I've heard some good things about it from friends.

I've also heard that Trail Boss works very well in .444 with lead boolits.

seabreeze133
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
This is the boolit:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1704&d=1151115633

It is the boolit on top..

It is intended primarily for the 444 MARLIN, 44 magnum. 45.21 has designed this boolit, and is currently tweaking the dimensions and is the brains of the design, as well as the technical advisor for this operation. I or he will post the dimensions when complete, and I am sure he has somethings to add to my description of firearms this boolit will be suitable for. He is the man, I am just the collector of funds, and distributor of molds because I want one of em..

It is a .434 diameter boolit, weighing about 290 grains, and about .800 in length. It is sure to be a gamestopper supreme. The three crimp grooves will make it a truly versatile boolit..This is a gas check design............

This will be a custom Lee 6 cavity mold.

The buy will run from now until Sept 1 , 2006 . If we do not make 25 molds by that date (possible I suppose, lot of 44 buys have been done) I will post a poll to decide whether to wait, or each mold buyer pay extra to cover setup fees.

Cost will be per mold: 60.00 which includes:

Mold= 50.00
Shipping= 8.00
2.00 To buy a mold for 45.21
He put alot of work into the design and fitting of this boolit and it is still an ongoing process. I believe he deserves at least a free mold, for his efforts. If there is extra money from the shipping costs I will donate them to the board, If we come up a few bucks short I will cover it, as I said I need/want this and am willing to do what it takes to GITRDONE.

Molds will be shipped click and ship via USPS with delivery conformation..

And I will ship to those who do not live in the U.S, but will require a couple bucks extra on shipping, as far as the legalities, and customs crap on your end I will simply write aluminum tool on package, the rest is up to you and your guvment.

Please send Money order or personal check to:
(Absolutely no PayPal)

Address removed per request

In envelope please include Full name, address, email address, and handle here, In case I need to contact you personally.

Please do not send cash, but if you must: do so discreetly, I am honest, but the system may not be.. I will not be held responsible for the actions of our postal system.

All checks will be posted on this thread as I recieve them..I will try to keep everyone up to date as best I can, and will answer messages as well as I can, as soon as I can. I have a job and some nights I do not get a chance to visit here. I will do my best just as I did on the last buy I honcho'ed.

Michael

Is there a non claimed mould?

Don

357maximum
02-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Is there a non claimed mould?

Don

1st..welcome to the assylum, 2nd...unfortunately No.... there are no extras.

2row
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Well I missed another good Buy

hunter64
02-08-2007, 11:21 PM
2row, seabreeze133, tnwill . Well that is three and me makes 4 that would be interested in reordering this bullet. All we need is another 6 and that would cut down our costs as long as 45 21/ 357 Maximum wouldn't mind. I had no interest in this group buy till I acquired a SBH that needs a big bullet. Any one else?

357maximum
02-09-2007, 12:28 AM
2row, seabreeze133, tnwill . Well that is three and me makes 4 that would be interested in reordering this bullet. All we need is another 6 and that would cut down our costs as long as 45 21/ 357 Maximum wouldn't mind. I had no interest in this group buy till I acquired a SBH that needs a big bullet. Any one else?

Why would I mind? I feel bad that all that wanted one did not get one, but all great things have an expiration date,,,,you gotta end them sometime.....I have missed buys for various reasons($$ and while i was visually inspecting my colon) , I feel your pains.....I cannot see 45 2.1 minding either, but that is something you would have to contact him about, he has the tools to help you not I.......

I see Jeff223 just got his plainbased buy order in.....hopefully it will not be long and ours will be in too.....one can hope.....

BluesBear
02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I might have gotten one if it wasn't for the three other group buys I had to have.
What really made me pass was I'd prefer a plain base boolit instead of a gas check design.

What I'd really love to see is a .44 version of Cayoots Wide, Flat & Kinda Heavy .45 Group Buy boolit. I wish someone would do a reorder of the original .41 design.

45 2.1
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I might have gotten one if it wasn't for the three other group buys I had to have.
What really made me pass was I'd prefer a plain base boolit instead of a gas check design.

What I'd really love to see is a .44 version of Cayoots Wide, Flat & Kinda Heavy .45 Group Buy boolit. I wish someone would do a reorder of the original .41 design.

Take it from me, as i'm the one who knows quite a bit about how most of these come about, and its not from a chorus either. Most of these guys who want a boolit get a drawing done to their likeing and post a Group Buy on the board. You willing to do one of the 44 versions?

357maximum
02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
but seeing as how it is still at the mercy of others...I cannot show you what I would like to...(imagine 400+ purdy boolits in a pile)

:-D .......:-D the moulds will leave mid Michigan tomorrow..headed out for all you fine fellas to play with. I was not going to tell you they were being sent and save you the agony of waiting for the mailman, but I did not know if anyone had to intercept their mould[smilie=1: or not and figured I ought to tell ya....at the price of the big surprise, I did not know if anyone required a heads up, but better safe than sorry...

The moulds have been here just over a day and I have had time to play with two of em randomly selected, one for me and one for a good friend...I have not done any load testing,(too friggin cold and windy for that) but I have cast about 200 boolits from each of the two moulds...the boolits are being dropped at .4341 to
.4349, depending on where the measurement is taken and they look goooood.

There is a little more of a parting line than I like on the nose , and that will be dealt with via a slight lapping, and they consistenly weigh in right around 290 to 291 grains on average from 12 cavities with my 50/50 alloy on 50 boolits selected at random(from both moulds)........ they are rounder than some other lee moulds I have and I am happy....not perfectly round, but they hardly ever are...

.....my hornady snap on checks fit perfectly snug with no shaving...

I gave all moulds a visual once over, and....all the click and ship labels are made up and applied for tomorrows shipping. The mould to australia is already enroute(I needed a precise weight of the box for click and ship, and that one will take longest for delivery)....

I did have to adjust the front lineup pin on one of the moulds, Lee simply had it sticking out waaaay too far for proper closure...lil tap tap with an appropriate punch, and all was good .....enjoy,

It will all be in the hands of the postal service tomorrow morning, and most should have their mould by weeks end..... all U.S shipped moulds have a delivery conformation number, and I have the receipts here so if there are any "ISSUES" contact me and I will get you that number.....thanks for playing

I would also like to say thanks to our boolit designer, this fine site, and those that make this fine site possible,,,,,thank you.

ALL MOULDS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED 02/14/07

Michael

AlaskaMike
02-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Great to hear--thanks for all your effort! I can't wait to play with it...

Mike

Four Fingers of Death
02-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks Michael, the old (but new to me) 444S will be singing soon. You have done a great job, thanks. Mick.

357maximum
02-14-2007, 02:15 PM
All moulds have been shipped and are scurrying[smilie=1: towards their destinations as we speak....:-D via the USPS.....:mrgreen: ENJOY

Mick..my 444S will sing too just as soon as them Canadians stop exporting their cold windy air this way.....

Boomer Mikey
02-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Thank you 357Maximum for making this group buy a reality.

Thanks to 45 2.1 for a great boolit design with outstanding versatility.

warf73
02-14-2007, 04:52 PM
WOOT sounds great.

New handles have just been ordered.

The 445SM just got cheaper to shoot.

Thanks 357Maximum.

Warf

Cayoot
02-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Got mine last night! (49783)....Looks great and I can't wait to try it!

Thanks Much!:drinks:

Tomhorn
02-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Mine arrived this AM. Mucho thanks, Michael.

Mark Wilson

Johnch
02-16-2007, 06:29 PM
43445 arived today

Looks great
Looks like I will have to fire up the pot tonight

Thanks
John

ron brooks
02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Got my mold today, it looks good. Thanks for all the time and trouble.

Ron

castalott
02-16-2007, 07:50 PM
62899 arrived in very good shape today...
Thank You Very Much!!!

fistmele
02-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Michael ,I recieved mine today[32901]. I appreciate the time and trouble you've put into this group buy. Thanks again Tom.

Boomer Mikey
02-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I received my mold today and the pot is on.

Thanks 357Maximum!

ironduke2
02-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Got mine today Zip 17241. Thanks again. Looking towards next buy:castmine:

mike in co
02-17-2007, 01:07 AM
i got mine!!!!
dont know when i'll get to use it but will report when i do.

thanks
mike in co

Poohgyrr
02-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Mine is here and the boolits should look good peeking out from a revolver cylinder...

Dutch4122
02-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Mold received at 48415 in yesterdays mail. Thanks Mike.

Mohillbilly
02-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow got mine today,looks good.Thanks

Frank46
02-18-2007, 04:38 AM
I received my 44 cal bullet mold saturday. Thank you very much. Frank

357maximum
02-18-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm glad to see they are making the journey safely... One things for sure...using this mould there should be no "my boolit ain't fat enough" issues...It fits my early model 444S like a glove, not OJ's glove either, I can almost get the second crimp groove to chamber, almost........cannot wait for some range time, I have some sitting atop H4198 just waiting to go boom and do some testing on paper (shot some out of the back door semi off hand leaning against the door jam, and was able to hit the snow covered berm almost 400 yards away and hit the 1X1 gong 3 times for 6 attempts):mrgreen: not a real technical test, but they had some PUNCH when they hit home...the sight setting required cannot be too far from the RD 265 setting she is dialed in on now.......wheres that global warming at anyhow...

.....enjoy the moulds fellas, I will................., and for you that are going to watch #20 win at Daytona today, I'll crack one open for ya....

Michael

Boomer Mikey
02-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Pictures of these fine boolits.

They feed great in my PUMA 44 Mags in the middle crimp groove (@ 1.65" COAL) and sized fine @ .434" and in my Marlin 444 in the top crimp groove - the other boolit is a SAECO 300 grain RNFPGC

They weigh 290 grains with gas check using my 50/50 WW/LINO and Hornady gas checks fit perfectly.

I hope to go to the range tomorrow and see how they do on paper @ 50 yards.

Johnch
02-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Boomer

In that last pic , the round standing up .
It looks like you cut out a grove in the side of the case and bullet after it was loaded ??
Or is it just a reflection or something ?

I will have to wait to cast for a week or 2 , due to OTHER projects I just HAVE to do for others
Don't you just love family ?? LOL

Johnch

Poohgyrr
02-18-2007, 11:26 AM
My .357s hold a special place here, but those do look like REAL boolits.

I've been thinking of a 16" LSI M92 to go with the Winchester, and now I see these pics... :roll:

I will have some free time after the 1st, and already have a bit of lead sitting on the back porch.. :Fire:

Boomer Mikey
02-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Boomer

In that last pic , the round standing up .
It looks like you cut out a grove in the side of the case and bullet after it was loaded ??
Or is it just a reflection or something ?

I will have to wait to cast for a week or 2 , due to OTHER projects I just HAVE to do for others
Don't you just love family ?? LOL

Johnch

Hi Johnch,

That is the reflection of the boolit lying down.

This is my first Lee 6 cavity mold. I had a tough time adjusting my old ways to get this working well. After leementing the cavities to remove the burs and cleaning thoroughly with mineral spirits, and adjusting my old school ways… learning that aluminum molds need to run hotter (these were cast @ ~ 800 degrees) did I achieve consistent results. I’m amazed at how fast the pile grew and the 20# pot ran dry. I’m also impressed with the quality of the boolits.

I look forward to to receiving your 360-200-220 and Catshooter's 44 Keith molds, fnally... the ability to make a pile of quality boolits that fit correctly!

357 maximum helped me quite a bit in a great PM explaining how to cast with Lee 6 cavity molds. This has been a good experience – I tried several Lee molds in the past without success. The wealth of information on this board, and the great bunch of people here are like family.

Actually John, I do love my cast boolits family.

Many thanks you all,

Four Fingers of Death
02-18-2007, 10:41 PM
My mould arrived today, looking good for the 444S and the 44Mag Rossi & 1894 Marlin, :D :D now, I need to get into a 44 gas check group buy, I've only got 1K of Hornadys on hand!

Thanks for your work getting this buy organised Michael.

Mick.

neerb
02-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Mine showed up on Friday and looks great. Now I am waiting for my pots to heat up. Thanks again for running this buy 357. Dave (neerb)

02-20-2007, 12:02 AM
The wife had this waiting for me when I got back from the farm this weekend. It and my 311407 Mod will have to wait until next weekend as work will be far too busy this weekend.

Thanks for running the GB.

Josh

downonthefarm
02-20-2007, 04:45 PM
recieved mine, looks great

bill

mike in co
02-22-2007, 07:11 PM
fired up the pot, poured a few....

ww with aprox 3% dental lead

290 as cast.

299 gr with lube and gas check........

just what the doctor ordered.....

push easy thru my 432 sizer....

can't wait to put some down range...

mike

mike in co
03-05-2007, 12:56 PM
anyone put any of these down range ?

Boomer Mikey
03-19-2007, 02:59 AM
I put some of these Big,flat,fat 444/44's down range yesterday.

50/50 WW/Lino, BHN 13, sized 0.434", LBT Blue soft, RP 444 Marlin brass, H322, COL 2.540", and WLR primer

I couldn't get enough powder in the case to get any pressure signs but recoil with a full case was enough to get your attention from my 444 Marlin and great care was taken to keep the rifle firmly against my shoulder. After 60 rounds of this, my shoulder reminded me about how much fun I had yesterday but not enough to bother me during my cowboy match today, even with the 12 gage.

If Glen's data is applicable to my Marlin ballard cut rifle, these 290 grain loads are going between 2000 and 2250 fps.

The barrel wasn't broken in yet but I don't see any problems with angle of moose or elk at 100 - 150 yards.

I hope to see angle of steel ram at 200 and 500 meters at the end of this month. Knockdown should be interesting; these hit the berm like a ton of bricks.

The loaded round is pointing to a 3 shot group at 50 yards after cleaning the barrel. The barrel came clean with 3 patches of shooter's choice after the first 30 rounds with no leading.

357maximum
03-19-2007, 03:32 AM
:twisted: I simply hate it when you only get one hole for your three shot efforts:twisted:

Nice shootin there Mikey:mrgreen: