PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Customer Service.

03-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Recently, I bought a used Lyman product that didn't have an instruction sheet. Their web-site doesn't have that kind of information available to download. Sent an e-mail inquiring how to get a copy. Received a response the next day, saying that one would be mailed. It arrived today. Total time, less than a week.

About a month ago, I ordered some parts directly from Lyman. When they arrived, two of them were the wrong part. Called and explained the problem and was told that the correct parts would be shipped at no cost. Offered to return the incorrect parts, but was told to keep them.

That kind of service assures that I will continue to be a repeat Lyman customer.

Bulltipper
03-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I broke a set of lee 6 cav handles and they had me a new pair in 3 days! God love the people of Wisconsin for they have no CCW rights...

Recluse
03-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Recently, I bought a used Lyman product that didn't have an instruction sheet. Their web-site doesn't have that kind of information available to download. Sent an e-mail inquiring how to get a copy. Received a response the next day, saying that one would be mailed. It arrived today. Total time, less than a week.

About a month ago, I ordered some parts directly from Lyman. When they arrived, two of them were the wrong part. Called and explained the problem and was told that the correct parts would be shipped at no cost. Offered to return the incorrect parts, but was told to keep them.

That kind of service assures that I will continue to be a repeat Lyman customer.

Boy, now THERE'S something you don't read everyday.

Maybe the folks at Lyman are getting the message.

I sure hope so. Rich heritage and pioneers in casting. . . get back to their roots maybe.

:coffee:

Shiloh
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Maybe something has changed at Lyman. Depending on who you talk to, the attitude was one of inconvenience to the salesperson, or indifference. Knowing what you needed and part #'s helped at Lyman.

Customer service is no where to skimp if you own a business. It is incredibly discourteous to customers who've spent money with you to treat them with a flippant, apathetic attitude.

Shiloh

captain-03
03-03-2010, 05:08 PM
EVERY one of my past experiences with Lyman CS has been unpleasant to say the least ... So you ordered straight from Lyman and received the WRONG stuff .. does not sound like they have their (blank) together - I do hope they are learning!

03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
captain-03,
New help made the mistake, experienced help corrected it. I can remember being the new guy on a job, and won't let that kind of mistake sour me on Lyman's customer service.

Alchemist
03-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Last fall I sent an out-of-round mould back to Lyman. They checked it out and sent a new mould within 2 weeks. When I sent it in, I was told that they were conducting inventory and wouldn't be able to get to it for at least a week. Not bad service overall, although not sending a bad mould out the door in the first place would be the "Ideal" solution.

happy7
03-05-2010, 09:49 PM
would be the "Ideal" solution.

That is a profound play on words!

jbc
03-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Lyman has customer service????? could have fooled me- I bought the 4500 kit with the ladle,pot,sizer,and ingot mold. The ladle was un-finished and had no hole to pour from, the sizer had an undersize bore that wouldn't fit a size die but at least the pot and ingot mold worked. Their "service" said that it was not their problem and told me to send it back to cabelas at my own cost for shipping and get another. No thanks, got a refund and bought RCBS

Bradley
03-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Boy, now THERE'S something you don't read everyday.

Maybe the folks at Lyman are getting the message.

I sure hope so. Rich heritage and pioneers in casting. . . get back to their roots maybe.

:coffee:

I've never had a bad experience with Lyman.

jcwit
03-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Never ordered a bunch from Lyman but have always been satisfied when I did. Decent pricing, not bad shipping charges and fast. Usually parts for rebuilding old #45 lubers.

1Shirt
03-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Had never ordered directly from Lyman until a couple of weeks ago. Ordered on line, three retaining nuts by part number, and a ratchet for the 450. Arived in about a week.
So for a first experiance, with them am satisfied.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

John Guedry
03-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Everything I have ever bought that was made by them has never given any problems so have never had to contact their customer service.