PDA

View Full Version : do saeco molds work with other handles?

waco
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM
hey guys
just bought a saeco 2cav 180gr 35 cal mold
just wanted to know if my large lyman or my rcbs handles will fit this mold
this is for a .357mag
i have no experience with saeco molds, but here they are good.
thanks for the help
waco:drinks:

longranger
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Saeco molds will fit one or the other of your handles,I'm pretty sure. An idea is to have a pair of the Lyman handles milled down to fit any mold you might have.A friend of mine did this and works excellent for my RCBS, Saeco, P.J.,Steve Brooks and Lyman molds.

MT Gianni
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I have a pair of Lees I redrilled. I don't remember if I had to thin them or not, I know I didn't shim them.

foxtrapper
03-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Lee 6 cavity handles will fit the 2 cav Saeco mold

jameslovesjammie
03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
The large Lyman (assuming 4 cavity) will not fit. They are too thin and you will have alot of slop. The RCBS mould handles should fit, but you may have to open the pin holes up a size or two with a drill bit. Same with the Lee 6 cavity handles mentioned. Sometimes you have to open them up, sometimes you don't.

Le Loup Solitaire
03-03-2010, 12:49 AM
If you have set of mold handles that have tines that are too thin for the blocks, it is easy to snip or cut out a set of shims from a tin can (flattened) or any kind of sheet metal. Make them long enough to match the length of the contact between the tines and the blocks, drill the matching holes for the pins/srews and you're good to go. They'll take up the slop and keep the blocks level so there won't be any alignment/mismatching when the blocks close. LLS