PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Cheddite or Rio shotshell primers?

Patrick L
02-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I have the chance to get these fairly cheaply (at least compared to my usual Winchester 209) on a club buy. Has anyone tried these? The price difference for 5K is enough to make me seriously think about trying them, especially the Rios.

runfiverun
02-27-2010, 07:15 PM
cheddite are the same burn as the wins and are interchangeable.
the rio's should be right near the same.
how to tell?
chrono, a lighter primer should show up near 50 fps.

280Ackley
02-27-2010, 07:21 PM
I've used cheddites in the past with good results. As five says interchange with WW

Johnch
02-28-2010, 12:58 AM
They are both a touch bigger in dia than the 209's made in the states
So if you go back to say Win 209's
The Win 209 will be a touch looser and if you run max pressure it will leak a little

But saying that
I used almost 20 K of the Cheddites the last 2 years and not 1 miss fire

If you are loading target loads , I have no problems with the Cheddites
I have never tryed the RIO's

John

Faret
02-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I have had problems switching back to win after rio because of the bigger size (win can fall out due to rio being bigger).

jlchucker
02-28-2010, 11:02 AM
I've never bought them as a stand alone product, but the primed hulls that I've bought from BPI are Cheddite, and one would think that the manufacturer used their own primers in making them up. I've shot a few hundred in 12 and 16 guage, and never had a misfire. When I handload shotshells myself I use Winchester, usually.

jr545
02-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I use the cheddites almost exclusively now that the domestics are out of sight.
I use them with the winchester data and haven't had any issues except they do seem to stretch out the primer hole just a tad.

Nazgul
02-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I use the Cheddite primers for some Cheddite hulls. Bought a thousand new, primed hulls couple years ago for almost nothing. They do need the Cheddite primers because the primer pockets are slightly larger. Win primers push in with only thumb pressure.

Don