PDA

View Full Version : Daughter reading/Modern Reloading

steveb
06-19-2006, 11:12 PM
I wasnt for sure where to post this over here but previously posted this over on the Leverguns forum but wanted to show you guys over here. My daughter is learning to read and she's already on the second edition. Im so proud!:-D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/steveb3006/100_2860resized.jpg

My sons is not so happy cause he didnt get to hold the book during the photo op[smilie=1:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/steveb3006/100_2865resized.jpg

I emailed the picts to Lee Precision and got a response back from John Lee.

Bret4207
06-20-2006, 07:57 AM
Give your son his own copy of the Lyman Cast Bullets handbook and see if Lyman gives you a response. Maybe we can get them thinking about the future!

steveb
06-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Give your son his own copy of the Lyman Cast Bullets handbook and see if Lyman gives you a response. Maybe we can get them thinking about the future!

Hey thats a good idea, wished I'd of thought of that. I have a copy right here.:-D

StarMetal
06-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Not to be negative, but have your kid take that Lyman cast book to school and see how far the future goes. Wel may get Lyman to think, but who's going to change the extreme left thinking in public schools?

How about the one teacher that wouldn't let a poster of an AK47 in the school on some project or something. They are so well groomed by the anti-gunners and extreme left that, My God, a rifle picture can't even be brought into school. I'm sure some of you old timers remember when it was ok to bring your hunting gun to school, on a bus even, to be dropped off after school at your favorite hunting spot. Guns I heard stayed in the principal's office. Boy, times sure have changed.

Joe

steveb
06-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Starmetal, thats the sad truth and it sucks. My daughter starts school next year and I will do everything I can to teach my son and daughter not to listen to certain propoganda the schools are going to dish out. I have thought long and hard about this and its up to us guys to teach our kids different. Heres my son Sam crankin on the turrent press.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/steveb3006/SAM3.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/steveb3006/SAM2.jpg

StarMetal
06-20-2006, 10:11 PM
steveb

I was able to do that with my son. I guess he listened to my ******** about liberals, enviromental wackos, anti-gunners, etc. BUT, I pointed out some things. For example I said alot of enviromentalist go overboard....but one still should not pollute or do anything in a negligent way to purposely ruin the enviroment. I also told him that Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats...that D.C. was out of control and the govt was suppose to be by the people for the people. I told him that it was his generations duty to try to put things back in order and one way was by voting the right people in govt offices. Anyways it seems to have sunk in, he's 16 now.

Joe

Buckshot
06-22-2006, 02:40 AM
.................Steve, great photo's of your kids. I especially like that one of your son wiht the press and giving the thumbs up! Cool.

.................Buckshot

kenjuudo
06-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Take my word for it guys, those kids HAVE to get their looks from their mother:twisted:

jim

redneckdan
06-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Some of the first books I really took intrest in were my dads reloading manuals.

During High School, I would read amerian handgunner and such during lunch or break times in class. Didn't do much for my social skills but I learned a lot.[smilie=1:

steveb
06-23-2006, 05:00 AM
Take my word for it guys, those kids HAVE to get their looks from their mother:twisted:

jim

Jim, you sure got that right[smilie=1:

9.3X62AL
06-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Regarding the leftist leanings and anti-gun programming at schools these days--Marie bought a canvas book bag from Brownell's a few months ago, and started bringing classroom materials in the bag onto her middle school campus. This bag has a small metal "NRA" button that forms a clasp at its top, but is otherwise unremarkable. She got quite a few stares at first, then things sorta calmed down......she has a bit of a rep for not putting up with much crap from admin pogues and their ilk.

After a couple weeks of use, she got asked to not bring the bag on campus again, because "someone" complained about its "political statement". Marie tore into the vice-principal at this, stating that as long as the school district continued to provide employee lists of names and addresses to the American Civil Liberties Union to foster membership drives, NO ONE BETTER SAY S--T about her book bag--or the district would read about it in the local paper.

She still uses the book bag.

sundog
06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Al [and Marie], hoooah! sundog

Poygan
06-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Atta girl, Marie!!!

eka
06-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Al, I think we may have just found Charleton Heston's replacement.:mrgreen:

steveb
06-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Good for her!

felix
06-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I am proud to be associated with all of you folks, and most especially the wives of whom who are willing to take our constitutional attitude to the place of employment. A pure risk of employment shows genuine courage these days. ... felix

waksupi
06-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Al, I like Marie's style.... Atta gal!

Ron
06-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Dep. Al,
You have one strong woman at your side, I am really looking forward to meeting her in July, hope Marie can make it.

Regards,

kodiak1
06-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Way to go guys taught all 3 of mine to shoot and reload. My daughter when she was in grade 6 did her year end essay on reloading, they had to read aloud and give demos to the class. She made her own fake powder and bullets (Cut Pencils) and some brass and put on a hands on reloading demo. She was the only kid in the class that had to read he whole essay evry kid was rivetted and the teacher was a hunter so that helped to. She passed that year with honors.
Wouldn't want to see her try top pull that off know a days.
My grandson is starting to reload with grandpa and we cast bullets to. Every Sunday when he is here we try to sneak off to the range usually get to go if we take grandma along.
Should take those pictures and have them framed put them away for 15 to 20 years then pul them out and see how it makes you old heart feel then. You will love them more then ever then.
Ken.