PDA

View Full Version : Springfield/Savage Model 67

blackthorn
02-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I am trying to get this shotgun apart and I can't find a set of step by step dissasembly instructions. I need to get the forend off so that I can get the metal into a soak tank full of kerosene. Can any one direct me to a place where i can get these instructions? I have some for a Savage Model 30 that indicate the Model 67 is similar but with some parts shaped differently. The Model 30 directions seem to indicate that to get the forend off you take the barrel off first. On the exploded drawing of the Model 67 I cant tell if the barrel comes off like the M30 or not. Thanks.

Doubletap
08-13-2010, 10:48 PM
As I recall to get the fore arm off you'll need to remove the slide it rides on, which means you will need to basically stripthe trigger group out of the frame, remove the bolt from the slide rails, which means you need to remove the stock to do this. Read that backwards for the way you'd need to work. The little pin above the trigger guard will need to be driven out, then the larger screw to the back of the guard and above it will need to come out for the trigger group to come out. You will need to pry gently on the action rails to remove the bolt out of the rail slots and get it out, then the slide and rails will come out the front of the reciever. You will need to remove the mag. tube to get the slide off of it so you can get at the forearm nut to remove the forearm. Just going from memory here, but I've worked on too many of these darn things over the years. Hope that helps.

leadman
08-16-2010, 12:04 AM
If I remember right the barrel doesn't come out of that gun easily. Had on in the late 70's.

ELJerrado
03-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I looked inside my model 67 the other day and i couldn't believe the dirt and I don't like my firearms dirty so I looked over the internet for about 2 hours and found ABSOLUTELY nothing on this firearm.......needless to say i took on the challenge!

Got it fully apart and back together,........ if anyone wants a video on how to do it message me and I'd be glad to make one!

ELJerrado

ELJerrado
03-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Videos on youtube