PDA

View Full Version : Magtech Primers

redneckdan
06-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Anyone ever use these? How'd they work? I'm assumeing theres not much that can go wrong with a primer?

StarMetal
06-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Oh magtech has to have those farmed out to one of the primer makers. It's not exactly easy building your own primer manufacturing factory esp getting the license for those very dangerous and govt watched after chemical components.

Joe

Four Fingers of Death
06-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Oh magtech has to have those farmed out to one of the primer makers. It's not exactly easy building your own primer manufacturing factory esp getting the license for those very dangerous and govt watched after chemical components.

Joe

Magtec are the CBC company aren't they? They are a pretty big outfit.

I've never used their primers, but have used heaps of their factory ammo. No probs. Used 150 x 45 Colts today, didn't miss a beat.

JohnH
06-18-2006, 07:03 AM
IIRC, Magtech ammo and primers are made in Brazil. Like 4Fingermick I've not ever had one not go bang

redneckdan
06-18-2006, 12:19 PM
ok, I've never used their ammo but I like thier brass. Their primer prices are the lowest around.

Buckshot
06-19-2006, 10:46 PM
..................Right, Mag-Tech is a brand name and the big company is CBC of Brazil. In the early 90's when I bought my first Swede from Century they offered CBC 6.5x55 ammo. The only other game in town was Norma or Lapua. I still have several 20 round lots of that CBC brass with many many firings. It is excellent stuff and sized correctly at the casehead for the Swede.

I'm sure their primers are made just as well.

...............Buckshot

Bear Claw
08-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I have used about 1K of them, they dont cost too much but I prefer Rem. 9 1/2's