I was reading in this form

This

You have a .310 bullet mold
dropping bullets .311 to .312

Then he runs then thur a .314 sizing die for a .314 bullet

I have Lee sizer and dont see how this is possible [smilie=b:

sqlbullet
02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
They sell those kinda sizers right next to the board stretchers. I use my board stretcher all the time for when I cut a board too short, and need it a little longer.

DCP
02-18-2010, 01:02 PM
They sell those kinda sizers right next to the board stretchers. I use my board stretcher all the time for when I cut a board too short, and need it a little longer.

Well thank you so much
I needed that board strechers a few times myself

I had a friend who needed help putting in a double sliding door in his bedroom.
I was delayed, because I got called out on a fire

So,
When I arrived he was ready to put the door in

So
We lifted it up and there is a 6 inch gap on each side (in this case he needed a door stretcher or a house shrinker) and I couldnt stop laughing. Jerry told me it was my fault because I was late. So I said we need a beer and think about this.

SO
Still laughing

A few beers later I said . You need to get some 1x12s And make some BIG TRIM
He told me that was my last beer and he wasnt laughting

SO
Tonight I will have a beer. To an old friend who has passed
To all the Jerrys in the world (Here is to you)

I guess I didnt miss anything after all

BABore
02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
It is quite possible that they are running the 311/312 boolit into a 0.314 H&I die and bumping it up to that diameter.

dubber123
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Or simply because they only want to lube, but not size down their boolits. I run my .312" .30's through a .314" all the time to just lube them without sizing.

AZ-Stew
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
I suspect he likes the as-cast diameter and doesn't want to change it by running it through a smaller die. By running it through the .314 die, he is able to lube it (Lyman, RCBS, Star-type lube/sizer) and apply the lube without disturbing the as-cast boolit diameter.

Regards,

Stew

AZ-Stew
02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
I was slow on the trigger.

Regards,

Stew

DCP
02-19-2010, 08:23 AM
It is quite possible that they are running the 311/312 boolit into a 0.314 H&I die and bumping it up to that diameter.

Well since you didnt explain how this might work

I guess it is the deluxe version of a (board stretcher)

BABore
02-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Well since you didnt explain how this might work

I guess it is the deluxe version of a (board sttretcher)

Run the boolit down into the lubrisizer til it bottoms out the ejector rod, then push real hard on the handle to expand the boolit out to fit the die. It requires a well fit top punch so as to not bump up the nose as well. Sometimes it doesn't matter though. Bumping up the bore ride section of a rifle boolit's nose is also common if it's undersized.

You might have done a search on "bumping up" a boolit instead of waiting to be spoon fed. As your fairly new here I'll assume you weren't aware of our search feature. Welcome aboard.

44man
02-19-2010, 09:14 AM
When I worked for the airline and a new guy could not get all the cargo in a pit, we would send him to the stockroom for a "pit stretcher". :veryconfu He would actually go ask for one and the stockroom would always tell him that they were all out. He would come back and tell us with his head hanging a little like he was in trouble.
Best yet was when we got to the back of a pit and found an empty wood casket. One of the guys crawled into it and we got the new black fella to go unload it. He was scared to death of a casket.
All I remember was he flew out of the pit, never touched the belt loader and didn't touch the ground for a good 30 feet, ran into the building, grabbed his stuff and went home. [smilie=w:
There was never a day that I would go home without my sides hurting and you fellas wonder why I pull your chains all the time! I'm still at it! :bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:
I won't comment about the sizer. I lube that way too or at least as cast size.

DCP
02-19-2010, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Originally Posted by BABore
You might have done a search on "bumping up" a boolit instead of waiting to be spoon fed. As your fairly new here I'll assume you weren't aware of our search feature. Welcome aboard.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much

Yes I am just a pup and I use the seach all the time.

Do you rember when you were learning to use the computer how it was all (Greek) to you, it was to me

But if you dont know what somthing is called or what is does or if someone is :kidding: Who would know to seach "bumping up"

I think the spoon fed thing is a little harsh but maybe your having a bad day
I am sorry I took time out of your busy day

With that, I must go my mommy has to give me a my bottle

vaya con Dios

HORNET
02-19-2010, 10:48 AM
What BABore didn't mention was that bumping up can also be an excellent way to break that pesky lubrisizer...be careful with it.

BABore
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks so much

Yes I am just a pup and I use the seach all the time.

Do you rember when you were learning to use the computer how it was all (Greek) to you, it was to me Yes I do. I'm self taught from when DOS was the operating system and a hard drive didn't exist. Only 5 1/4" floppies. And then years later when WWW access was done via Compuserve.

But if you dont know what somthing is called or what is does or if someone is :kidding: Who would know to seach "bumping up" Because I referred to it in my first post.

I think the spoon fed thing is a little harsh but maybe your having a bad day
I am sorry I took time out of your busy day Nope, just Michigan humor and a gentle jab for not looking it up when I posted the clues in post #2.

With that, I must go my mommy has to give me a my bottle Please make sure she properly warms it so you don't get an upset tummy nor scald your tender lips and tongue. (More Michigan humor) :p

vaya con Dios

Glad I could be of assistance and please PM me with any other questions you may have. (That's a legitimate offer with Michigan humor blended in)

waksupi
02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
With a Lee sizer, it is NOT possible.

dubber123
02-19-2010, 12:13 PM

True. I also think BA's last post should be in the Humor section. Thats the funniest thing I have read in a good long time... :lol:

357maximum
02-19-2010, 12:35 PM
I live in the same neck of the woods as BaBore. Sometimes we offend half as many people as we intended to while offending twice as many as we meant to.:bigsmyl2: It is a geographical humor thing and not because someone learned him up wrong.

From where I sit it sounds as though Babs may have some experience with that burnt lip and tummy ache thing. When experience talks one should listen closely as to avoid the same mistakes as the speaker. :bigsmyl2:

45 2.1
02-19-2010, 12:43 PM

With the addition of a machined insert with ejection punch, you would be positively surprised what could be done.

357maximum
02-19-2010, 12:57 PM
With the addition of a machined insert with ejection punch, you would be positively surprised what could be done.

Can you put enough pressure on a boolit with that system to fill in a torn base from opening the sprue too soon? :takinWiz: