PDA

View Full Version : factorysales.com, anyone used them before?

sheepdog
02-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Whats thier reputation?

Marlin Hunter
02-16-2010, 12:38 PM
I have not purchased anything from them myself, but I have read a few things about them on this board. They didn't have things in stock (last year) that the said they did.

www.natchezss.com and www.midwayusa.com are good places to buy Lee products.

edsmith
02-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't know,but you can get a lot cheaper price at midsouth,midway, and other online retailers. IMHO they are way over priced.

Snyd
02-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I bought a bunch of casting stuff from them last summer to get started. They had excellent prices and had stuff in stock others didn't. Plus they didn't try to gouge me with extra shipping here to Alaska. I give em a thumbs up.

lwknight
02-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I ordered from them. They were slow and the communicationwas non existant. I finally had to call them just to see if they actually processed my order. I did get everything.

putteral
02-16-2010, 05:00 PM
I have ordered from them in the past. They were very slow in delivering my order. Took almost 10 weeks.

lead-1
02-16-2010, 05:25 PM
They almost make it sound as if they are with LEE as a branch or something (at least they used to) and actually you make an order then they order from LEE and you wait till they feel like shipping to you. It takes longer yet if LEE is back ordered in getting the part to Factorysales. I was very disappointed in them and the next time I ordered from LEE directly, it was cheaper and took days instead of weeks. JMO

jdgabbard
02-16-2010, 05:39 PM
I have ordered from them, and wont again. Last year I placed an order for a set of handles and a couple of sizing dies. Three months later I didn't have my order or my money back. Finally after about a hundred phone calls ( the last being to LEE ) I received a email from them saying my money would be refunded. Only problem, they refunded it to the wrong card (it'd been 3 1/2 months, and I'd recieved a new card from my bank). So, I ended up NOT getting the refund. I finally decided it would be better to just drop the issue and my losses.

Never again...

mpmarty
02-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Been there, done that. Never again!

buckndee
02-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Thank for the insight, I was about to place an order with them. Not worth the $10.00 I might have saved for the stress that I might incur. I am retired my time is better spent shooting.

abob
02-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I hear lots of negatives but I have to say I have dealt with them several times now and always happy. They always were quick to send the order. I'm in Canada and we don't have a lot of options up here -- some retailers won't ship to Canada or require large minimum order and /or charge for paperwork etc...

Bob.

jmsj
02-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Sheepdog,
I have been buying from Natchez shooter supplies lately. They have the best prices i have found and shipping seems about the same as everyone else. Double cavity molds- $16.49, six cavity molds- $32.49, six cavity mold handles- $11.49. jmsj

Eagles6
02-27-2010, 01:41 AM
I ordered from them about 2-3 years ago. I believe they are a Lee factory outlet.
Received everything ordered in a timely manner.
Can't say what's different since "commander zero" got elected.

Marlin Hunter
02-27-2010, 02:11 AM
....I believe they are a Lee factory outlet.

Lee and Factory Sales are not the same company. Factory Sales states this on thier website, or they use to.

RNyogi
02-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I once ordered a six cavity 9mm mold from them that nobody else had in stock. Took a while to get it, but it did show up.

ddeaton
02-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I ordered from them about 2-3 years ago. I believe they are a Lee factory outlet.
Received everything ordered in a timely manner.
Can't say what's different since "commander zero" got elected.

Same here, a little slow, but before the mad rush started I had no problems with them. I have a thorn in my side with Lee period now, not thier distributors.

mdi
02-27-2010, 11:48 AM
I ordered a turret press from Factory Sales less than a year ago. Don't remember any thing different about the order. It took about as long as Cabelas if I remember correctly...

Newfoundlander2
03-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Total amateur operation at best! They took my order and payment info and never bothered doing anything with either. After two months of no reply to me emails of phone calls I had my credit card company block any charges.

smallshot13
03-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Ordered from them in December 2008. In April 2009, after many emails ascerting that they were anticipating a shipment from Lee (just down the road), had to finally cancel my order and get it from another retailer. Never, never again.

Ron
03-16-2010, 09:01 AM
About 12 months ago I ordered a Lee 20 lb pot and a six cavity mold from Factory Sales. At that time, other places either did not have what I wanted or were more expensive. It took 10 days for it to arrive in Australia which I thought was OK considering nobody else could supply what I wanted and the price was a lot less than I would have paid here.

timbuck
03-31-2010, 12:57 AM
I just ordered from them, 500S&W reloading dies, 4 hole turret, swivel adaptors and a few shell holders for the zip trim. Ordered Sat. night/ arrived Tuesday afternoon. Pretty good for me.