PDA

View Full Version : Help for Mrs. Thumbcocker?

Thumbcocker
02-14-2010, 10:50 AM
My wife and I are planning on attending the Louisville Ky. gun show on the 20th. For reasons that baffle she doesn't enjoy walking along rows of tables quite as much as I do (she says I am addicted to the smell of cosmoline). Are there things in the general area that she might like to do while I feed my addiction? She is not an overly "girly girl" and likes to deer hunt and plink occasionally but, unlike me, doesn't consider Elmer and Skeeter as bedside reading.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

C1PNR
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
My wife and I are planning on attending the Louisville Ky. gun show on the 20th. For reasons that baffle she doesn't enjoy walking along rows of tables quite as much as I do (she says I am addicted to the smell of cosmoline). Are there things in the general area that she might like to do while I feed my addiction? She is not an overly "girly girl" and likes to deer hunt and plink occasionally but, unlike me, doesn't consider Elmer and Skeeter as bedside reading.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Well, you might suggest she look for brass for the one she likes to shoot. Or, maybe, have her look for a knife so she has HER OWN for skinning that next deer or Elk.:razz:

Other than that, I guess looking for old coins for you to jingle in your pocket at the next Cowboy shoot might work?

KYCaster
02-14-2010, 10:51 PM
J.B. Speed art museum on the UofL campus is 10 min from the show.

Fraizer Museum of Natural History 20 min away. (firearms oriented)

IMAX theatre in the same neighborhood as the Fraizer museum.

Huber Winery 45 min North. Decent restaurant and big gift shop.

Madison Indiana 60 min NE. Antique shops on every corner.

Kentucky Derby Museum is interesting but closed until April to repair flood damage.

If none of that suits her interests, the Bambie Walk on Bardstown Road is loads of fun. [smilie=1:

Jerry

KYCaster
02-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Oh, I just remembered....there's a skateboard park down on the river front. Supposed to be on of the best in the country.

Have fun. [smilie=s:

Jerry