PDA

View Full Version : Resisting the urge .........

Jack Stanley
02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
I set up a table at the fun show today with the intent of trying to thin out the stuff I'm not likely to use again . After getting the table set up and things priced ( while trying to keep dealers with cash in hand away ) . I noticed what looked like a magazine suitable for a twenty-two magnum poking out of the bottom of a rifle not far from the table I was at .

Not that I "need" another rifle mind you , I just had to go and look if nothing else to satisfy my curiosity . A rimfire magnum it was not , and not even close ... turns out it was a Winchester model forty-three chambered in 218 Bee . Nice overall condition complete with a reciever sight fortunately , it wasn't chambered in 32-20 or it would have been a rough day ( bad enough as it was ) . I was rather glad when I saw it sold later that afternoon so I could stop looking at the used dies another guy had , ammo at another table , bullets elsewhere ...........

I got out of the place rather cheaply today only added a few primers and a couple of magazines to my going home bag , hey , I think I even sold some stuff !! ;)

Jack

ghh3rd
02-14-2010, 08:43 AM
If you hang around a barber shop long enough, you will wind up getting a haircut!

Jack Stanley
02-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I really gotta stop hanging around that barber shop then , I know that I have a weakness for classy rifles . That weakness has bitten me more than once :Fire:

Jack

wallenba
02-14-2010, 11:41 PM
For the last thirty fives years I have kept telling myself that "I just need one more gun on my wish list". But... , there seems to always be just one more gun on my wish list.

leftiye
02-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Who taught you guys that wanting nice guns or more guns is a weakness? It's an apetite that you should satisfy. (Problem is in still paying the bills - I know).

beagle
02-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Problem is with that sickness, it never gets cured no matter how old you get.

I'd have gone home with the Bee. Had one along time ago and it's time for another one....../beagle

Jack Stanley
02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Call me a holdout if ya must but I'm still waiting to see a nice one in 32-20 ! Although I'm think turning down a 25-20 would have been very difficult as well . I do have a classy rifle around , the only problem is getting the time to fool with it . Between work and casting for the 03/A3 time slips away I hear retirement time is even more busy ... I'll find out soon enough .

Jack