PDA

View Full Version : Vandals struck at the range

lead Foot
02-12-2010, 03:21 AM
From Sunday night to wednessday vandals struck at the rifle range smashing every thing they could find. Tried to burn the place down ~ smashed all the class they could find. Lucky they didn't get in to containers with all the traps, tractor and other exspensive stuff. We have two vans we take down to the 500 meter targets ~ they even thew chairs though the windcreens.
Just make's ya mad. :twisted:
Lead foot;

Southern Son
02-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Even if they get caught, the penalties will be pathetic.

mike in co
02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
finger prints ???

cheese1566
02-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Dangerous place for them to do a crime like that!

Considering everyone else going there would be armed!!!

Just Duke
02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I would seriously bypass calling local lawenforcement and contac the FBI as arson is a federal matter.

fishhawk
02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
i really don't think the FBI can do much in Australia duke. steve k

Cactus Farmer
02-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear you have the varmits down under too. Croc food? Spend a week in close proxcemity(sp) to a Tasmanian Devil? Meet a box jelly or blue ring octopus? Any other nasty critters I miss?
They aren't normally too bright. I'd bet they brag about it to somebody. And I'd bet it wasn't just one bloke either. Any empty cans around with prints?

dubber123
02-12-2010, 11:09 AM
When you catch them, for punishment, (aside from repairing their damage), you can have them set and paint the steel silhouettes at a few matches. You can have them stand downrange by the targets so they don't take so long to reset....

Just Duke
02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
i really don't think the FBI can do much in Australia duke. steve k

Duh! I didn't look to see where he haled from. My bad. :roll: Very hard to read the avitars.

Recluse
02-12-2010, 11:50 AM
From Sunday night to wednessday vandals struck at the rifle range smashing every thing they could find. Tried to burn the place down ~ smashed all the class they could find. Lucky they didn't get in to containers with all the traps, tractor and other exspensive stuff. We have two vans we take down to the 500 meter targets ~ they even thew chairs though the windcreens.
Just make's ya mad. :twisted:
Lead foot;

Hell, out of the 25 Deadliest Creatures in the world, something like 21 of them call Australia home.

I'd mount up a posse and find these punks, then let Natural Australian Evolution and Darwinism take care of the rest.

That way no laws are broken--the laws of Nature are always right. :wink:

:coffee:

missionary5155
02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Good morning
Sorry to read about your troubles lead foot. For sure someone will open their big yap & I would volunteer for a little personal visitation in the offenders personal area.
Our local club in Danville ILL area put in a system of closed circuit cameras due to similar problems. One unit is very obvious from the front gate pointed at the gate. As best I know all offenders are now looking for an easier target.

atr
02-12-2010, 11:56 AM
sorry your club had this problem.....

our club, which is back in the woods is gated but we also have a year round resident living in a manufactured home set back from the clubhouse....the resident helps keep an eye on the place...
art

Throckmorton
02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear about that,it stinks. I hope they are caught and get their just rewards,NOT slap on the wrists either.

we are very lucky,our club shares a common driveway with 5 other land owners,so we have NO way of keeping folks out...cars drive in and out right by the range houses all the time.

Hardcast416taylor
02-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I just was wondering how far Ayres Rock is from civilisation?Robert

Trey45
02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
That stinks! Probably some kids with no home raising.

Bass Ackward
02-12-2010, 02:16 PM
My guess would be neighbors that detest the noise.

mtnman31
02-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I can't stand vandalism; just a completely senseless crime. The scumbags don't even make a profit off it - just destroying what belongs to someone else. I think tagging is the worst. In a metro area you see that trash everywhere. No one other than the perpetrators can decipher it so, what is the point? It just places a major financial burden on someone else's livelihood.

As a punk kid, I recall vandalizing a couple times with friends (nothing major, small things like smashing a mailbox and smashing jack-o-lanterns on Halloween). Needless to say I was caught. It is one of the few shameful, regrets I have of my childhood. I know my mother was embarrased and her anger and embarrasment was all the punishment I needed to learn my lesson. I guess the good thing is that I learned my lesson and can pass it on.

monadnock#5
02-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Could be neighbors. Might be punks. I'm thinkin' green police however, causing maximum damage and aggravation while thumbing their noses at authority. Fines paid out of the coffers of the local green peace chapter.

Recluse nailed it. Justice in this case would involve a well agitated Tai Pan.

lead Foot
02-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the support guys. It feel's like a personal attack on every member. The range is isolated in the foresty ~ Cameras might be a good idea we have plenty of money to do so. This sort of thing only happins once in a blue moon. (hardcast416taylor) Ayres rock is over about 3000 klm's away from here ~ a bit far maybe.
Lead foot;

ghh3rd
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
There are idiots worldwide! Might want to set a couple of hidden game cameras.

trooperdan
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Sounds like that is a very remote area; shouldn't it be pretty easy to figure out who could have been in the area? Hope they catch the SOB's and make them provide restitution.

JIMinPHX
02-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Get a gamecam. That way you can figure out who the little delinquents are if they come back again.

wistlepig1
02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Sorry about your bad luck, we have our share of " a holes" in the US too. Find a nice Brown and put it in their sleeping bag.:x

Gelandangan
02-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Them Ba5tards!
Reckon if you ever catch them, beat the sh!t out of them with unloaded gun!!
That way you can with straight face tell the judge$ that you are using restrain.

Some thing in the line of, "your honor, I use restrain.. I could have shoot them"..

Sometime I wish corporal punishment is reintroduced in Australia.

collyer
02-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Well it would appear that people just have no respect. I am sure they thought it was funny but let it happen to them just once and they will think the world is coming to and end. This people are just plain cowards

dualsport
02-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope the guilty parties are found out. Any clue as to motivation for doing that?