PDA

View Full Version : Cabine Tree Tester...Which one to get?

arjuna70
02-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I wanted to get the Cabine Tree Hardness tester and I'm not sure whether to get the Standard Lead Tester or pay the extra $24.00 and get the Dual Purpose Tester.

In all honesty, I'm not really sure why you need to check cases or loaded rounds. I'm still new at this, I just don't want to regret later that I didn't order the Dual Purpose version. The Standard Lead Tester seems to be much simpler and basically what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

dromia
02-12-2010, 01:54 AM
If you are looking for finesseing your loads for best accuracy and getting that all important chamber/throat fit along with best boolit concentricity then for the extra £15 for this facility to measure case neck thickness and boolit/cartridge run out it is a steal.

As in all thinks it depends upon your application, if you don't need it then don't spend the money.

For the vast majority of my loads I don't use these measurements, but for the few that I do then the Cabine Tree kit on the tester works well.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

There are pictures in this thread of the tester being used to check boolit roundness.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=31451&highlight=Paradox

Bret4207
02-12-2010, 08:22 AM
I got the dual purpose. I think it's a good buy.

arjuna70
02-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the help. I just spoke to Jim and got the Dual Purpose Unit. It should work out well.