PDA

View Full Version : 135gr. mould for 40s&w/10mm

smorin2
02-10-2010, 03:12 PM
hello all,i use this forum frequently for information and can usually find the answers i need by just reading the threads,however i cannot find any information on this:does anyone here know if there is a mould for 10mm/40s&w in a 135 gr. weight? i currently use the lee 145 &175 as well as the rcbs 200 gr. moulds but would like to try a 135gr. cast bullet if feasible.i shoot strictly cast bullets so i'd like to stay away from the jacketed bullets.my firearm is a glock20 w/ a KKM and a Lone Wolf aftermarket barrels.thank you for taking the time to read this,steve in maine

Digger
02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Hey there smorin2 , .. It seems like most of the forty crowd over looks the lighter boolits as preference for penetration , power , etc. .... , I think I have seen a 135 gr. available on the Magma eng. website, in listings.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong .....
I have been experimenting with the lighter rounds for reliable function in my favorite little piece ....a Keltec P-40.

They discontinued production because of function problems in these pistols , I had picked up one and a slide conversion for the P-11 as I already had one also, ...they did not like the 180 or 160 gr. loads for the most part leaving people very frustrated.
Quit by accident I tried out a gentlemen's reloads I had picked up at a gun show and they were 135 gr plated and wonder of wonders....it loved them !!!
Turned out to be very reliable and accurate ! ....This is what started me into reloading ...the quest for the Ideal loads for this gun.
Have been using plated but got hooked on casting and tried the same molds you have from Lee...the semiwadcutter and the little pistol did not get along , mean while the group buys got my attention ...
Particularly Meha Previc's , ....they had a buy on a 402. brass 2 cavity hp.. with cramer pins...round and pentagon shape with the ability to reverse and put out a flat metplat boolit .
Three different choice's with one mold , downside was a little heavier than I wanted ...about 153 gr. , -+
Went for it any ways ....and the result is wonderful , I can custom my loads now for less recoil or more power and the little Keltec loves them all.
I have to work up some loads with the metplat version for my ruger p-91 as that beast will eat just about any thing on the planet.....
Any ways just another possibility out there for you....scuse me if I rattle on here...hope some one knows of any thing else available
digger

mastercast.com
02-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Just checked my Magma bullet sheet.

They offer .40 caliber 132 grain flat base FP and RNFP molds.

They also offer the same bullets in bevel base with a weight of 140 grains.

Close enough?

smorin2
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM
thanks guys! i appreciate the help,i'll look into the magma mold data as that's close enough for me,steve

smorin2
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
i just checked Magma's website,yup,that's what i was looking for,thanks!!